• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September 22nd Cleveland, OH Tourny!

Impp

Smash Ace
Steele, don't get me wrong, I am not hosting any more tournies at Escape BUT Escape will still hold SSBM tournies, I just won't be hosting them. So please, keep looking for other tournies at Escape after this one, they should still be holding them and they will still be a good time.
But it won't be the same...:(

Also, if 7-8 hours of smash at the Escape aint enough for you, you can come to
Common Grounds Coffee Bar... There's a good chance Steve and I are going up there afterwards.. Check with us at the tourney, though, just in case.
Common Grounds Coffee Bar.
17104 Lorain Rd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44111
Also....
White Castle is the nexus between Heaven and Earth.

Did you know if you buy 30 of there little hamburgers they put them in a cardboard brief case for you? At least they used to...

Beegs_009

Smash Cadet
4% - WERE SOO GOING TO WHITE CASTLE!!!

I don't think the tournament will be lasting that long. We where done in short order at the last tournament. Everything keep on moving smoothly with Phasions help and everything so I think he plans on doing that samething as last time...or is he...

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
4% - WERE SOO GOING TO WHITE CASTLE!!!

I don't think the tournament will be lasting that long. We where done in short order at the last tournament. Everything keep on moving smoothly with Phasions help and everything so I think he plans on doing that samething as last time...or is he...
Alright that sounds great.

Well us Pittsburghers will be seeing all you Ohioers tomorrow around 12:30-1 if everything runs on time on our end.

I will be bringing Tio also.

And are any set-ups needed??

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone I am sorry I have not been around to answer questions as of late, September and October are busy months here @ ESCAPE. With the new website for the store and getting ready for Halo 3 and our GameStop sponsored Halo 2 Tournament its been crazy, and the onslaught of new games coming out doesn't make it any easier. I look forward to seeing everyone for this tournament and having fun.

soap

Smash Hero
that pittsburgh game was bull, that was charlie fryes fault, you saw what happened to Cincy the week after.
if this pitt vs ohio thing is going down i might drive up just to send RSG home sad

D20

Smash Lord
I can't wait for this tournament!

Fine, so this was really just a post to show off my super cool (and slightly promiscuous) new signature.

A-Laon

Smash Master
that pittsburgh game was bull, that was charlie fryes fault, you saw what happened to Cincy the week after.
if this pitt vs ohio thing is going down i might drive up just to send RSG home sad
Winning a 96 point game doesn't make you not suck -- it proves you only suck less.

Though, let's be fair. It wasn't until that last Cleve vs Pitt game that the Steelers finally surpassed the Browns' number of victories between us, so at least you used to be able to kick our ***.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Great tourney guys, it was nice seeing pittsburgh make such a strong showing.

results

teams
1st- Vidjo and Camper Bob
2nd- 4% and X
3rd- swiftbass and pockyD

singles

1st-vidjo
2nd-4%
3rd-swiftbass

I see a pattern

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
They dont make a results thread? DO IT *****!

@King beef-That was a great set King Beef. Too close. Also, ggs to everyone. Thanks for the 4 stock, Vidjo. ^_^ ****it, Camperbob, I wanted to play you, but we ran out of time. Ohio should come to Pittsburgh sometime. Thanks for the tourney, it was great fun.

4% APR

Smash Champion
shout out time i suppose

x- good teams

pockyD- really nice climbers, it was fun playing you

Swift- great set, I need to work on my fox, he can't keep up :)

phasion- have fun in c-bus

Bob- i hate playing you, good games

Jesse- good finals, fun dittos, work on that luigi :cool:

d20 and a-laon- didn't get to play this time, good seeing you again

Beegs- headband ftw

the cf crew- thanks for the support, nice car hodge

SFG- good set, 'til next time

Impp- you're starting to scare me beating X like that, I look forward to playing you again

gibby- no wobbles

Hope to see all y'all at the next one or Game junkie!!

soap

Smash Hero
did the ohio vs. pitt crew go down?

this looked fun, but i ended up going to C3, see ya at Game Junkie, i also need a partner for GJ if there is interest

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
they don't normally do one :cry:
I always post the results. they can be found on the SSBM Forum on the ESCAPE website.

ESCAPE SSBM Tournament Forum

Also from this tournament onward the brackets will be kept to help start up our local Ranking system. So from now on the placements you earn in the up coming ESCAPE tournaments will help us create the starting point for the Ranking system. More info will be posted on our forums about it and players will be able to vote and give suggestions on how the final ranking system will work.

Next ESCAPE SSBM Tournament will be on Saturday, October 20, 2007. A new thread will be posted either this evening or tomorrow at the latest with more information and for registration.

4% APR

Smash Champion
what exactly will the rankings do?

soap- I would team with you but I'm gonna team Big R.

Impp

Smash Ace
Soap, I'll team with you at Game Junkie.

Shout outs!

Phasion- Congratulations, and good luck. I'll see you at a Columbus tourney sometime, probably.

Pocky D- Your Ice Climbers are amazing. I heard Ice Climbers could be good, but I've never seen it before. It was awesome watching you beat me.

Beegs- Too close matches again.

Camber Bob- My sheilds never been broken in a tourney match, nor have I ever broken one.
That was weird match.... Also fun friendlies.

And there's more, but I gotta go now.

soap

Smash Hero
im feelin some sheik/zelda harmony, lets switch places each match to *** with em, ill work some on my zelda this week

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice

By the way this was the biggest turn out for smash we have had, and it was great to have all that came , I hope you all had lots of fun. We'd also like to thank Phasion once again for hosting the tournament.

UPDATE: I will post the next tournament information on Tuesday. I got sick yesturday and not feelin any better today. so I will get everything up tomorrow.

Impp

Smash Ace
Dude, how long was everyone there? No one showed up at Common Grounds.
I think most left by 8. I guess everyone was kind of too smashed out for commons. I'm sure next week will have a good turnout.

im feelin some sheik/zelda harmony, lets switch places each match to *** with em, ill work some on my zelda this week
That sounds kinda hott.

Beegs_009

Smash Cadet
lol. I hope next time I have a bit more sleep. lol. Everyone I DID play. Good matchs. I'll have my head in the game next time I play guys.

Escape Manger guy - I do like that idea of having a Ranking system going on. Sounds like a neat idea. Hope it works out.

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Escape Manger guy - I do like that idea of having a Ranking system going on. Sounds like a neat idea. Hope it works out.
lol, My name is Richard, or Rich or BlindEyE, and I am sure it will as I plan on making it as fair and accurate as possible, with a little help from you all. I will get the basic outline written up and then post it up and ask for suggestions, since for all intent and purposes it for you all so you all should have a say.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys, keep your eyes peeled for a tournament at Slippery Rock University. I might post in the Escape forums about it too. I have no idea when I am having it, but its about an hour and 40 mins from the Escape Venue. Also, some of the Pittsburgh smashers will be there too.

Top Bottom