- introduction -
Team OXY is proud to be partnering with Super Arcade to bring a hot new training ground for the Southern California Smash scene. With the standard set by the Wednesday Night Fights and The Runback series, Super Arcade is the prime location for Socal smash to expand!
- location -
Twitter - Facebook
1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789
-a large local venue which can fit 100+ players and spectators
-ample tables and chairs for casual and tournament play
-outdoor and indoor spectating environment
-arcade cabinets for when you need to take your mind off smash
-adjacent to many local restaurants; situated in a prime shopping center in the heart of Socal
-concession stand for drinks and snacks
-free and easy parking right outside the venue
-stream and production quality unmatched by any other local tournament venue
Outside the venue
The outdoor viewing area: there are multiple TVs which are fed video straight from the live stream.
Inside the venue: numerous arcade cabinets for casual play.
Big main setup area.
One of the side tables for setups.
Commentary and stream setup.
- dates -
June 1st, and June 15th are the next Melee SSSes. Project M is run on the other weeks.
You can stay updated with our schedule by both joining the Socal Melee FB group and following me on twitter
- stream -
Will be streaming the tournament! Check out all the action at twitch.tv/leveluplive
- schedule -
12:00 pm - venue opens
1:00 pm - teams starts
3:00 pm - singles starts (pools + bracket)
10:00 pm - venue closes
- cost -
Venue fee: $5
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $5 per teammate
- prizes -
- ruleset -
- Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled
- Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
- Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
- Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
- First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
- Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
- Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
- You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
- results archive -
Check the Team OXY official youtube for playlists of all the action: https://www.youtube.com/user/teamOxyTv
SSS #1 (8-11-2013, 88 entrants)
SSS #2 (8-25-2013, 74 entrants)
SSS #3 (9-8-2013, 100 entrants)
SSS #4 (9-22-2013, 63 entrants)
SSS #5 (10-6-2013, 66 entrants)
SSS #6 (10-20-2013, 79 entrants)
SSS #7 (11-3-2013, 64 entrants)
SSS #8 (11-17-2013, 76 entrants)
The Arcadian (11-25-2013, 146 entrants)
SSS #9 (12-8-2013, 58 entrants)
SSS #10 (12-29-2013, 90 entrants)
SSS #11 (1-12-2014, 69 entrants)
SSS #12 (1-26-2013, 70 entrants)
SSS #13 (2-9-2014, 86 entrants)
SSLoveday (2-15-2013, 60 entrants)
SSS #14 (2-23-2014, 57 entrants)
SSS #15 (3-16-2014, 52 entrants)
SSS #16 (3-30-2014, 58 entrants)
SSS #17 (4-14-2014, 79 entrants)
SSS #18 (4-27-2014, 90 entrants)
SSS #19 (5-11-2014, 41 entrants)
SSS #20 (5-18-2014, 101 entrants)
SSS #21 (6-1-2014, 78 entrants)
SSS #22 (6-15-2014, 112 entrants)
SSS #23 (6-29-2014, 74 entrants)
SSS #24 (8-31-2014, 178 entrants)
SSS #25 (9-14-2014, 115 entrants)