• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 19, 2015] SSB4 Online Wii U Tournament (online)

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
Requirements
This tournament will require a challonge.com account (which is free). Brackets will appear on challonge.com. must communicate NNID (Nintendo Network Identifacation Data) [Name only]. So opponents and spectator can join game session. Must understand rules and if there is a debate or questions contact TO or me. I will provide that info in contacts and links.
Rules
1v1
2v2 (Teams)
3 stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack On (Teams)
Pause On
No Items
Custom Moves (voted on before Tournament)
Smooth Lander and Hard Braker equipment (voted on before tournament)
Double Elimination
Semifinals and Finals are best (3-5) all others are best (2-3)
Mii Fighters (voted on before tournament)

Gentlemen's Clause applies: if both players agree on a stage it is legal.
Davids Dumb Rule: A winner cannot counter pick a stage won previously that match.
Sudden Death: Decided by lowest percent unless a player has an extra stock (in which case the victor goes to the extra stock). if the above don't apply and sudden death occur with same percentage: A 1 stock 3 minute game will be held between both players,
Stage Strikes occur as winner strikes first then loser until you pick your stage.
for the next match the winner strikes 2 stages and the loser makes their stage choice. For semifinals/finals winner strikes three and user may then choose stage.
Announce or message character changes.
Always report results
Do not resolve things on your own contact me or a TO if there are problems or any issues.
Play your matches on time or you will be penalized.
Stages
Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Smashville
Lylat Criuse

Counterpick

Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft
Wuhu Island
Castle Siege

Omega Stages (allowed) if a player does strike Final Destination all omega stages are as well.

Contacts and Link
mgrimm5500@gmail.com email
http://www.challonge.com
chat http://www.chatzy.com/SmashRoom
I also post tournaments here so look at latest post.

Last edited:

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
good look forward to seeing you :)
Oh and I added the RSVPs in the tourney to check it out go to this link
http://challonge.com/smashwiiu4
and heads up this is a 32 participant tournament for the singles doubles can be more.

Last edited:

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
you wanna sign up? i can do it
its at the top of the page, but i can just sign you up.

HEADS UP: This Tournament for the 24th of jan 15 is until 3pm not 6pm.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Moved this to Online Listings seeing as how this is an online event.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna give this a shot. Got nothing to loose......except my rep which I got none......lol joking but count me in. Should be fun.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
I would like to sign up, NNID: GoldWinchester. Btw, how will opponents communicate for counter pick and stuff, Raidcall, Skype, etc.?

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I would like to sign up, NNID: GoldWinchester. Btw, how will opponents communicate for counter pick and stuff, Raidcall, Skype, etc.?
there is a sorta chat in challonge.com called discussion we will use. if for some reason that does not work we will use another solution. it should work and did you want me to put you down as your NNID?
I put you down as GoldWin in the tournament kline.

Last edited:

babyz3us

Smash Rookie
I definitely want in, it seems to be full though and may I suggest using Facebook group chat to exchange while discussing everything? It keeps a record of all conversation, pictures can be taken and sent on the fly for viewing just in case a discrepancy happened. So on and so on I believe any desperate group chat that has active functions should be used. Makes it easy to exchange all contact information since it's love and notifications can be muted as well so spammy stuff can't happen, just a thought

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I definitely want in, it seems to be full though and may I suggest using Facebook group chat to exchange while discussing everything? It keeps a record of all conversation, pictures can be taken and sent on the fly for viewing just in case a discrepancy happened. So on and so on I believe any desperate group chat that has active functions should be used. Makes it easy to exchange all contact information since it's love and notifications can be muted as well so spammy stuff can't happen, just a thought
I will keep that in mind as an option thnx. also i will sign you up there are a total of 32 slots for this singles tourney. if we get enough people if we want we can do teams. Thank you for your thoughts.

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
How do I join tournaments *^*
I can sign you up just let me know and i will do it.
I also signed you up Roberlio.
I am also going to need help with TOs (Tournament Operators) if anyone is intereted.

Last edited:

watersage777

Smash Rookie
I can sign you up just let me know and i will do it.
I also signed you up Roberlio.
I am also going to need help with TOs (Tournament Operators) if anyone is intereted.
Yes I would like that but I'm confused how we play against each other >.< sorry I'm new if u couldn't tell lol

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I signed you guys up blue and broken and as for two stock the reason I did three stock was this: it is a good medium between melee and brawl and this game. Especially considering in the future I would like to hold tournaments with smoothlander and hard braker in them to have more melee-ish mechanics. So three stocks will be a good medium I feel. Especially if as a player there are those who want to use this format of a tournament to practice for a money tournament or major competition.
We have 15 people signed up out of 32 slots if we get more than 32 we can hold a team tournament.

Last edited:

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
Phantom and Wade i got you signed up and your welcome heart.

Top Bottom