• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 15, 2015] Smash @ Xanadu Smash Wii U Weeklies (Baltimore, MD)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Trying to go to Xanadu for Smash 4 tomorrow! I live in Oxon Hill MD, anyone think they can give me a ride? Willing to pay extra for gas if you have to go out of your way to get me. Message me for my address and info.

PyroManic825

Smash Rookie
Can you clarify on rules 6 and 7? What does it mean when previous winner and loser choose characters? Is that just normal selection for the people or are the competitors deciding their opponents' fighter?

Last edited:

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Can you clarify on rules 6 and 7? What does it mean when previous winner and loser choose characters? Is that just normal selection for the people or are the competitors deciding their opponents' fighter?
Like, after stage striking, you can choose to switch your character. The winner of the last match decides to stay or change characters first, then the loser of the last match decides to stay or change their character.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yes, it's what's called slob picks, so the player counterpicking (the one who just lost a game) always has the advantage on the counterpick. You pick stage, they pick character, then you pick character, which gives you the largest opportunity to counterpick your opponents playstyle.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
TheTantalus, quick question about the PM 3.5 stagelist. As of right now, you have an expanded stagelist listed. Yet, back near the end of the 3.02 days you guys used a 10-stage list with 2 bans (5 starters and 5 CPs) called the :Tourney Pack V1" seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdxkr4TYKqc

did you guys revert from using that or is that version still in effect? I'm confused, I ask because on stream they never use FD as a starter and only use the middle 5 stages on row 1 to stage strike in a set, which is identical to the starters on the Tourney Pack V1.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Is there an age limit?
Why would there be an age limit? I mean if you're like a loud 12 year old you're probably not gonna be welcomed by the people there but you won't be turned away. I go twice a week nearly ever week and I'm 16, and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the youngest there, so there's that.

RaisinBran

Smash Rookie
NNID
NuclearHail
I have and will bring a Wii U setup + GC adapter on the 30th.
There are a few stages I don't have unlocked yet, but they're not legal anyway. (Flat Zone X and Pac-Land.)

Dr.Fuzz

Smash Rookie
Can I use the Gamepad, if I bring my own Gamepad? I'm really not a fan of the GC, and have large hands.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Gamepads aren't allowed iirc because there is either interference or you can't have more than one to a system, one of those two.

Rend4125

Smash Cadet
NNID
Billiam4125
curious about what the potsize generally is for wii u? I live hours away so wanna know if its worth it

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Is there also a skill requirement because if you play me, I main G&W and I'm okay.
Nope. You can be a total noob or a pro at Smash. Everyone there is pretty friendly, so just ask to join in for a couple of friendlies and have fun. You'll probably learn some new tricks and tips as well.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^ I recommed joining the smash @ xanadu fb group if you would like to get housing for the event. Usually someone is able to help out.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I'm going to ask a question I know will get a "no" answer.

Do the days of the week for smash games get swapped up ever? I know on the facebook page it shows Mondays: Project M 3.5, Tuesdays: Smash for Wii U, Wednesdays: Melee/64. Mondays are the only days that sort of work with my schedule and I guess I'm just holding out for hope that eventually Smash for Wii U could appear on a Monday.

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
This will be my first local tournament ever and even if I lose, I will prove to people I'm a decent G&W player who has a lot of potential.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
no, we don't intend to swap the dates. It's too confusing for folks who regularly come out. We are holding an event today though.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
no, we don't intend to swap the dates. It's too confusing for folks who regularly come out. We are holding an event today though.
When I had posted that, it was before the Arcadian which I did go to and I am heading out momentarily to the event today as well. So once a month is ok for me :)

Alberto_Awesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alberto_Oshawatt
3DS FC
1977-0865-3597
I might be able to go tomorrow
But I was wondering, if you do have spare controllers, how much do they cost?
I don't have one myself, but if you don't have any, then I'll just ask a friend
:]

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I might be able to go tomorrow
But I was wondering, if you do have spare controllers, how much do they cost?
I don't have one myself, but if you don't have any, then I'll just ask a friend
:]

Taken off of the Facebook group

If you'd like rent a controller, we offer rentals for $1 (requires a valid photo ID or $20 deposit)
So that's a yes.

Alberto_Awesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alberto_Oshawatt
3DS FC
1977-0865-3597
So i would have to pay 20 dollars too rent one?
cause i don't have an ID

Top Bottom