Xanadu Smash for Wii U Weeklies, every tuesday night!
"You never know who's going to show up...literally" Featuring special guests every week!
Previous OoR guests include: HugS, Westballz, James, The Wall, KJH, Kage the Warrior, Sethlon, D1, K9, DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Lazarond, Rat, ESAM, Mew2King, ZeRo, Xzax, Keitaro, Nakat, MattDotZeb, Mafia, Westballz, Vinnie, Nairo, Gunblade, The Moon, False and many others!
Games: Smash for Wii U
3pm Venue Opens/Signups open at front register
7:30pm Smash for Wii U Singles Begins
Join the S@X group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/
Calendar of games:
Mondays- Project M
Tuesdays- Smash for Wii U
$5 Venue fee (First 6 Wii U's get a venue waiver at the end of the night)
$5 Entry for Smash for Wii U
Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!
- 2 Stock
- 6 min stock timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, INCLUDING the finals. T.O. reserves the right to make the switch to Bo5 WF/LF/GF.
- 1 stage ban on your counterpick, bans do not persist between matches.
- Customization is banned
- Wii U Gamepads/3DS/2DS are not a legal controller for use.
- Legal Mii Sets: Mii Fighter MUST use 1132, Mii Gunner MUST use 3111, Mii Swordsman MUST use 1332. These mii's must be the default mii's provided with the console, which are a default height and weight.
- Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage (2 bans for PM) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Xanadu. Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. We'll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City
- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)
Dream Land 64
Final Destination/Any Omega Stage (except Pyrosphere) *
*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Palutena's Temple Omega Form is banned, FD/Omegas are banned also.
*Note: When a stage is banned, it's omega form is also banned.
< 32 Entrants
Between 33-96 entrants
97 and above
5th: 4% each
7th: 2% each
All within close proximity is Wawa, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is also a pizza place that delivers that everyone is extremely fond off, as well as Chinese take out. Xanadu should have the chinese and pizza place order list right there at the counter if you want something.
Dominos also delivers:
Phone: (410) 242-3030
Videos Uploaded to: www.youtube.com/vgbootcamp
www.twitter.com/thetantalus -ask me if you have any questions about the event
www.twitter.com/vgbootcamp - Our main twitter
www.twitter.com/tkbreezy - VGBC's Lead commentator, Part 1 of the black plague
www.twitter.com/thephenomenalee - COG's Lead commentator, Part 2 of the black plague
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/ - Local facebook group for S@X