• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Smashing Ramen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1563732104130.png

Smashing Ramen

This AMA's subject is both the leader of the Corrin Club and Smashboards' most famous noodle dish: Smashing Ramen!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Smashing Ramen has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message.

Now get to it, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . Panda's eyes are upon you.

To start us off:
  1. Did you choose the Corrin life, or did the Corrin life choose you?
  2. What does the perfect ramen dish look like?
  3. Thick waffles or flat waffles?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey diddly-o howdy!

1. Would you be cool with Minecraft mii costumes coming with Banjo & Kazooie?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series, what’s the plot?
3. Have you ever actually played fates? Do you think it’s peepee poopoo garbage?

D

Deleted member

1. What’s the inspiration for Ramen Rambles?
2. What’s your favorite voice over performance in video games?
3. What’s something you just want people to know?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. What's the biggest video game that you clocked the most hours into?
2. Are you excited for three houses?
3. Got a funny story for us?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Obligatory Have you played Quest 64?
2. What flavor of Ramen Noodles do you like the most, if any?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
1. How does one smash ramen?

2. Do you really believe you can stop the Udon Uprising?

3. How much corn would a Corrin corn if a Corrin could corn corn?

D

Deleted member

1. I've heard you smashed ramen, but what about smashing spaghetti?
2. I've heard about Smash Bros, but what about Smash Fire Emblem?
3. I've heard about smashing Grey, but what the **** Gentlepanda Gentlepanda why you in charge now?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  1. Did you choose the Corrin life, or did the Corrin life choose you?
  2. What does the perfect ramen dish look like?
  3. Thick waffles or flat waffles?
  1. It choose me. It was a message straight from God in one of my dreams. He was all like "Ramen, you know that weeaboo dragon sword fighter recently announced for Smash 4? Yeah, she is your destiny" so I was all like "'Kay... I'll see what I can do.", and the rest is history.
  2. Nothing too spicy, chicken broth is preferable.
  3. Thick Waffles. The bigger, the better.
Hey diddly-o howdy!

1. Would you be cool with Minecraft mii costumes coming with Banjo & Kazooie?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series, what’s the plot?
3. Have you ever actually played fates? Do you think it’s peepee poopoo garbage?
  1. Oh yeah, totally. All that really matters is that Minecraft would be getting some representation in one of the biggest crossovers in history.
  2. That's a tough question. I've always thought up of ideas for animated films, even thought up of an entire trilogy and everything. But yeah, for shows, I don't really know... I'd like to do a show focused around opossums, as I've alwasy been fond of them, even before I met a certain user here,
  3. So uh... confession time, never actually played Fates or any Fire Emblem game for that matter. This Corrin thing is really just due to Smash. So I can't really say whether it's peepee poopoo garbage or not.
1. What’s the inspiration for Ramen Rambles?
2. What’s your favorite voice over performance in video games?
3. What’s something you just want people to know?
  1. Mostly just a lot of podcasts I like to watch. Nothing too crazy
  2. Hmmmm... S. Scott Bullock did an excellent job as Hades in Kid Icarus Uprising. Easily, the best part of that game.
  3. I like cookies
Alrighty, gonna be answering the next batch of questions in just a little bit. These things take a while so give me a moment.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What's the biggest video game that you clocked the most hours into?
2. Are you excited for three houses?
3. Got a funny story for us?
  1. Hmmm... probably either Pokemon Black or Smash Bros. Brawl. Spent a good 200 hours in each. Out of the two, probably Brawl. Used to be one of my all-time favorite games.
  2. Eh... not really. Never actually played a single FE game, despite my whole Corrin schtick. Though if I had to pick one out of the three houses, i'd probably pick Black Eagles.
  3. I exist.
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Favorite obscure game you think more people should play?
3. Favorite game that has no representation in Smash bros.?
  1. Teal. Idk, it reminds me of nice, cool water.
  2. Do I even need to say it? RHYTHM HEAVEN! Please, y'all take out your 3DS one last time and go download Rhythm Heaven Megamix on the EShop! It's only like $30, last I checked
  3. Minecraft. Spent hours in that game back in the day, and still do. Hoping we at least get some Steve or Creeper costumes with Banjo's inclusion
1. Obligatory Have you played Quest 64?
2. What flavor of Ramen Noodles do you like the most, if any?
  1. Nope. Though once I have the chance, I'll be sure to try it out, just for you..
  2. Chicken. mmmmmmm....

Striga

Smash Journeyman
  1. Favorite Rhythm Heaven game?
  2. If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
  3. Favorite brand of ramen?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. How does one smash ramen?

2. Do you really believe you can stop the Udon Uprising?

3. How much corn would a Corrin corn if a Corrin could corn corn?
  1. A magician never reveals his secrets
  2. Oh yeah, totally. They don't stand a chance. They don't even have a legitimate leader. Now if all of a sudden a user named Smashing Udon joins the site, then we're in real trouble
  3. A whole ear's worth :4pacman:
1. I've heard you smashed ramen, but what about smashing spaghetti?
2. I've heard about Smash Bros, but what about Smash Fire Emblem?
3. I've heard about smashing Grey, but what the **** Gentlepanda Gentlepanda why you in charge now?
  1. Spaghetti is fake pasta. Don't buy into it. You may believe it's of Italian origin, but it isn't. It's a hoax created by the American Government to hide the fact that Ravioli is the legitimate ideal pasta.
  2. Aren't those two the exact same thing?
  3. :mybodyisreggie: Grey's been through a lot the past few weeks and needs a breather. Gentlepanda accepted to take his place as the dude in charge of the AMAs in the meantime.
1. Favorite Rhythm Heaven game?
2. If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
3. Favorite brand of ramen?
  1. So do you mean the actual full games themselves, or the mini games? I'm just gonna assume the former and say Rhythm Heaven Megamix. You get the most bang for your buck and it has all the essential mini games.
  2. The ability to shapeshift into anyone or anything.
  3. Maruchan. Grew up on it and everything. Never really liked Nissin, tbh (Sorry FFXV, I have failed you).

Keep the questions coming, y'all. I'm here all week.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Follow-up questions:
1. Do you not know about the hidden armada of Udon users who are ready to change their name at my command?

2. I just had Ramen soup. How was it?

3. What's so smashing about it?

D

Deleted member

Why Min-Min a best?
Whats a game/franchise you have never played but wanna try?
What is your dream job?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Who would win in a fight one big min min without noodle arms or 10 small min mins with noodle arms
What's your favorite genre besides platform fighter
How you doing today bud

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
  1. If a parallel version of you existed with the same personality traits as you, but is a conceptually-reverse Being personified after Ramen, would they be Smashing Human?
  2. What gets you pepped up for the day that you enjoy drinking/snacking on?
  3. Do you consider anyone here a friendly rival?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sorry for the late responses. Had to work my job for a bit.
Follow-up questions:
1. Do you not know about the hidden armada of Udon users who are ready to change their name at my command?

2. I just had Ramen soup. How was it?

3. What's so smashing about it?
  1. Well, you're on my radar now. Gonna go spill the news to my Ramen spies.
  2. Smashing, of course
  3. Everything about it, the flavor, the texture, it's just... perfect
Why Min-Min a best?
Whats a game/franchise you have never played but wanna try?
What is your dream job?
  1. It mostly boils down to her character design at the end of the day. Her design is absolutely top notch, and one of the best I've seen when it comes to video game characters in a long time.
  2. Fire Emblem (this Corrin gig was birthed exclusively from me liking them in Smash btw) n. Always been intrigued by it's perma death mechanic,
  3. An animator. Have loads of ideas for animated projects. Too bad I'm garbage at drawing.
Who would win in a fight one big min min without noodle arms or 10 small min mins with noodle arms
What's your favorite genre besides platform fighter
How you doing today bud
  1. One big Min Min. She's still got her feet she could use to kick the little ones away.
  2. Rhythm games. Hoooo man what an underrated genre. I've always been a fan of music so I'll gladly take it in video game form. I'm assuming you've heard of my extreme Rhythm Heaven obession for a while now... If not, I'm surprised it's taken you this long.
  3. I'm doing pretty well. Gonna be doing pretty much nothing for the rest of the week so I'm just gonna be chilling and stuff. Feel free to ask me as many questions as you'd like.
  1. If a parallel version of you existed with the same personality traits as you, but is a conceptually-reverse Being personified after Ramen, would they be Smashing Human?
  2. What gets you pepped up for the day that you enjoy drinking/snacking on?
  3. Do you consider anyone here a friendly rival?
  1. Hmmm... maybe... would that also mean there'd be a Gentlehuman and Humanshill?
  2. Water. People don't seem to take it for granted though. It's so simple, yet super refreshing, and I love it.
  3. I always saw Faygoshill as one of sorts. You know that whole joke regarding Grey and I being a thing? Yeah, well Faygo kinda made it into a love triangle of sorts, also trying to win Grey's affection. Quite a bummer he doesn't come here anymore, the thread just isn't the same without him.
Keep em coming, y'all

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Most underrated color?
  2. Cyberpunk or American gothic?
  3. Best Persona girl?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
  1. As the resident Rhythm Heaven stan, how do you envision a Rhythm Heaven/rhythm-based character being implemented? Would you be okay with a character who just captures the aesthetics of Rhythm Heaven, or would you prefer them to be faithful to the point of demanding something like precise button presses to a beat (even if this risked, say, harming their competitive viability)?
  2. Given Sakurai's past interest in the series (for example the cut Chorus Kids in Smash 4), what are your thoughts on Rhythm Heaven's chances for Challenger Pack 4/5?
  3. How could you betray Reporter Girl for Corrin like this?

D

Deleted member

1. Have you ever tried a Jet Set Radio game or Crypt of The Necrodancer?

2.Do you enjoy any movie with rythm or dance as an important theme?

3.Favourite Fire Emblem game?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  1. Most underrated color?
  2. Cyberpunk or American gothic?
  3. Best Persona girl?
  1. Aside from my personal fav, Teal, I'm gonna say Magenta. Idk, it's such a cool color, yet others don't seem to appreciate it.
  2. American Gothic.
  3. I have yet to play a single Persona game. That being said, the whole speculation regarding "Jane", as well Gentlepanda's antics have made me grow to appreciate Kasumi quite a lot.
  1. As the resident Rhythm Heaven stan, how do you envision a Rhythm Heaven/rhythm-based character being implemented? Would you be okay with a character who just captures the aesthetics of Rhythm Heaven, or would you prefer them to be faithful to the point of demanding something like precise button presses to a beat (even if this risked, say, harming their competitive viability)?
  2. Given Sakurai's past interest in the series (for example the cut Chorus Kids in Smash 4), what are your thoughts on Rhythm Heaven's chances for Challenger Pack 4/5?
  3. How could you betray Reporter Girl for Corrin like this?
  1. All I really care about is there being a Rhythm Heaven character. I couldn't care less about it being a rhythm based character. In fact, with how garbage Ultimate's online is, it's pretty much impossible. So yeah, I'd rather take a Rhythm Heaven character with just aesthetics from the series.
  2. Unfortunately, I feel like that ship has sailed. First off, I'm one of those who believe spirits deconfirm, and pretty much all of the main RH canidates (with maybe a couple exceptions) already have spirits. And second, I've got a feeling the DLC will be solely third party. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
  3. tbh, the main reason I lean more towards Corrin compared to Reporter Girl is because there's not enough good Rhythm Heaven fanart. The franchise is just too dang niche and I can only find like maybe only a dozen or so pieces of good Reporter art. Meanwhile, there are like a billion pieces of Corrin art that make prime avatar material. Pushing the franchise's reach so we could get more good fanart is another reason I'd love to see a RH character in Smash.
1. Have you ever tried a Jet Set Radio game or Crypt of The Necrodancer?

2.Do you enjoy any movie with rythm or dance as an important theme?

3.Favourite Fire Emblem game?
  1. Have tried neither, though I'll have you know I've been eyeing those two for a long time, especially Jet Set Radio. Hope to try em out some time in the future
  2. Not really... The closest I'd say is probably Singin' in the Rain, though I'd argue that's more about voice and song rather than rhythm and dance. That being said, the choreography in that film is absolutely stunning, even for today's standards
  3. Have never played a Fire Emblem game actually, so I really can't answer that properly. Though I guess if I were to answer with one of the more recent Smash games with like a bajillion FE characters, it'd still be an acceptable answer.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I love it when my internet decides to go out on me for no reason.
What is your favourite Singin in the Rain song and why?
Ooooh, that's tough. I'd have to say "Moses Supposes". It's got a nice beat, it's peppy, and man, it's just so fun to dance and sing along to. "Make 'Em Laugh" and "Singin' in the Rain" are definitely up there as well.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What's your favorite memory from all our disastrous Hunger Games together?

If you could direct a videogame with a AAA budget, and you were free to make whatever the hell you want, what would it be?

When are you gonna play a Fire Emblem game and, followup question, which is it gonna be?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, this took much longer than I expected, sorry about that.
1. What is the meaning of this?
2. I didn't actually know you were also a Rhythm Heaven fan. What are your top 3 favorite Remix(es) from any of the games?
3. What are your top 3 favorite songs from any of the games?
  1. Of what, exactly? Am very confused.
  2. Hooo dude, you should've been around the Ultimate Discussion thread when I first started coming here. My Rhythm Heaven stanning was way more prominent, especially when I had the RIngside Reporter as my avatar for a good long while. Anyways, to answer your question, I'd probably say Remix 4 from Fever, Remix 8 from Fever, and Final Remix from Megamix.
  3. I'm assuming you mean the songs that play during the mingames and not necessarily the minigames themselves. In that case, I'd say Sumo Brothers, Remix 8 from Fever, and Love Rap.
What's your favorite memory from all our disastrous Hunger Games together?

If you could direct a videogame with a AAA budget, and you were free to make whatever the hell you want, what would it be?

When are you gonna play a Fire Emblem game and, followup question, which is it gonna be?
  1. Hmmm... Gentlepanda stabbing me in the kidney was pretty amusing. Though I'd say my proudest achievement is when I miraculously killed the all-powerful Hugh Neutron with nothing but my bare hands and a rock. Oh, and you dying within the first few rounds was pretty great too.
  2. I'd make a Smash Bros. style game celebrating Disney's rich history of films and characters. It'd mostly focus on their standard Animated Classics fare as well as Pixar, but I can see a couple of characters from Marvel, Star Wars, Fox franchises, and the like being treated a bit like third party ones. Been brainstorming something like this for a good couple of years now. It's never gonna happen, but c'mon, I can dream.
  3. Hmmm... not quite sure, probably the next time I wanna splurge some money. As for which game, I'd probably say either Awakening or Blazing Blade. Those are the two that I've been recommended the most and the ones that'll be the most accessible to me, as I already have the 3DS necessary to play Awakening, and Blazing Sword is available on the Wii U Virtual Console for a pretty good price. The Tellius games were also recommend a lot, though they are way too expensive nowadays, and I really shouldn't worry about Three Houses till I actually get a Switch.

Last edited:

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
1. Do you think Sakurai deserves a break?
2. I'M REALLY FEELING IT, ARE YOU?
3. If you could have one wish, what would it be? However you can't wish for more wishes.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Do you think Sakurai deserves a break?
2. I'M REALLY FEELING IT, ARE YOU?
3. If you could have one wish, what would it be? However you can't wish for more wishes.
1. Oh heck yeah. He keeps working himself close to death on these things. At least give him a week or something lol
2. THIS IS THE RAMEN'S POWER!
3. To finally get that Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What hobbies do you enjoy besides smashing ramen and playing video games?

2. Have you played ARMS since getting yourself a Switch? If not, do you plan to play it one day?

3. What's your take on existentialism? ;)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What hobbies do you enjoy besides smashing ramen and playing video games?

2. Have you played ARMS since getting yourself a Switch? If not, do you plan to play it one day?

3. What's your take on existentialism? ;)
1. I like drawing. Actually, doodling's a better term assuming my drawings barely count as art lol. I'm also very much into films and their history. So I dfinitlley end up watching a whole lotta youtube videos and documentaries on that subject

2. No, not yet... Have tried out the demo, though. May pick up the full game at a later date. Though I actually feel like an ARMS 2 is pretty likely for the near future (either next year, or the year after), as they have expressed interest in a sequel, so I may just end up waiting and picking up that idk.

3. Existentialism is quite interesting indeed. It makes you ask a whole lotta questions. Are we here for a purpose? Are we here just cuz? are we here to answer a question on existentialism on a random forum dedicated to discussing a crossover fighting game of one of the biggest gaming ips in the world, which in turn causes you to have your very own existential crisis and-AHHHHHHUGJGUHJGUGU MAKE IT STOP!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. Besides Min Min or a Rhythm Heaven Character, who would you want for Smash?
2. You have to make a Smash stage. What stage do you choose, and what are the mechanics?
3. What is your favorite Smash Bros. alternate color/costume?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Besides Min Min or a Rhythm Heaven Character, who would you want for Smash?
2. You have to make a Smash stage. What stage do you choose, and what are the mechanics?
3. What is your favorite Smash Bros. alternate color/costume?
  1. First and foremost, Steve. Got good fond memories of Minecraft from back in the day and I feel like he could bring a whole lot to the table. Other characters I'd love to see include Elma, Byleth, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Phoenix Wright, Crash, a SWSH Pokemon, and Ryu Hayabusa
  2. Tetris. the stage would be a replica of the Nintendo developed NES version (would've initially wanted the GB version, but Dream land GB already exists). The falling blocks would damage opponents ala Living Room. Basic, I know, but I feel like it's a must. As for a more licencing friendly choice, I'd say City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2. it takes place in the streets with a couple structures and moving platforms for fighters to stand on. Sometimes the GUN truck drives by and damages opponents. Oh and GUN soldiers will also appear in the background at times and try to blast the players. Imo, it's the most logical choice for another Sonic stage
  3. Hmm... I absolutely adore Simon's red and brown alt based on his original NES sprite. It's a cool shoutout and it looks nice. Honorable mention to pretty much all of Fem Corrin's, cuz they'e all top notch, tho I do prefer the orange one the most.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. Are you a baller?

2. Do you wish you were a little bit taller?

3. If you had a girl that looked good, would you call her?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Are you a baller?

2. Do you wish you were a little bit taller?

3. If you had a girl that looked good, would you call her?
  1. That depends. Baller as in "sports player"? No. Baller as in "rad"? No
  2. Ehh... I'm like... 5'7. That's only slightly under the average height of a guy. I'm perfectly content with that.
  3. I mean if she was my gf already, sure. But if not, then no, cuz that'd be creepy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom