• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-/Bi-/Whatever-Weekly AMA: Moydow

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Moydow

Hello everyone. Your favorite substitute teacher is back to host another AMA while Cyndane's away. This week's target is none other than Moydow, meaning for once you all get to hold the authority. Use it wisely.

As always, all site rules are in effect. So when asking questions, keep it civil. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Moydow has answered, then you may ask more. Have fun.

Whenever you're ready to respond, Moydow Moydow ...

How much of your time would you say you dedicate to helping run this site?

Something something Etrian Odyssey?

Can I get an Azura icon?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What game franchise that you haven't played yet, do you want to get into?
2. Cats or Dogs?
3. What's your favorite film?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Do you view Smashboards users as your own children? /s
What’s your favorite Movie?
Why did you want to be a Smashboards admin? (Or did they add you?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-if when you thanos ban half the site, am i in the banned half?
-adminshill when?
-foe?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. What do you do (here, I mean)?
2. Who'd win in a fight, a Moderator or an Administrator?
3. If you could be a professional sign-twirler, what would you be advertising?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. You have to work at a Disney ride. Which one do you work at?
2. Best meme?
3. Waffles or pancakes?

D

Deleted member

What is your favorite EO class?
What's your most proud moment here in Smashboards?
If you could have a superpower what it would be?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
  1. Why are you the best?
  2. What is your favorite historical revolution?
  3. Favorite anime?

D

Deleted member

1-What's a concept for a class that you'd like to see in EO?
2-Out of all of them, which EO class would you pick to get in Smash?
3-Would you punch a TERF?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How much of your time would you say you dedicate to helping run this site?
Too much :foe!:

Something something Etrian Odyssey?
Why are you asking about it instead of playing it like I've been telling you to?

Can I get an Azura icon?
:azura:

1. What game franchise that you haven't played yet, do you want to get into?
Right now I'm looking at stuff like Devil May Cry, I have the HD collection on PS3 but never actually got around to playing it. Other big one is Dragon Quest, with how influential it is on the RPG genre it's something I really ought to be looking into more.

2. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. Cats don't seem to like me very much.

3. What's your favorite film?
The Blues Brothers. Comedy and good music all in one package, it's just perfect for me.

Do you view Smashboards users as your own children? /s
Pretty much, yes, because every time I come here I'm constantly let down by how far people stray from what I try to teach them.

Why did you want to be a Smashboards admin? (Or did they add you?)
I just like helping out, I guess. I see a lot of things around here that could use some work, and I've got a fair bit of experience with places like this, so I might as well do something productive in between the ****posting, right?

-if when you thanos ban half the site, am i in the banned half?
Your ban is inevitable.

-adminshill when?
When you get the six Infinity Infractions. I'm sure the staff here can probably help you with some of those. :foe!:

This will be the national anthem when I'm in charge.

1. What do you do (here, I mean)?
Not enough.

Serious answer, for the most part I've just been helping out with mod business, just on a higher level, I guess. My admin tools haven't come into play much yet.

2. Who'd win in a fight, a Moderator or an Administrator?
Considering I can just delete mods off the site? The answer is obvious, I'd say. :lucina:

3. If you could be a professional sign-twirler, what would you be advertising?
The Easter Rising exhibition at the GPO in Dublin.

1. Falcon Punch or Falcon Kick?

2. Do you have a license to thrill?
Unfortunately, as part of becoming an admin, your licence to thrill is instantly revoked. Even I can't bend the rules on that one.

1. You have to work at a Disney ride. Which one do you work at?
Anything that isn't a rollercoaster. Screw those things. I don't know any specific ones so I can't name one in particular.

2. Best meme?
I'm not big on memes in general, they just don't make sense with or without context. But I guess the various Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet memes do make me laugh quite often.

3. Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes, because "waffles" over here are just plain potato lattice things that you eat for breakfast, not what you're referring to.

What is your favorite EO class?
In terms of design, either the Ronin or Ninja (specifically the pink-clad ones). They're basically the same character, but there's a good reason why they brought her back so often.

As for gameplay, there's quite a few, but if I had to pick one I'd go for the Imperial, since being able to delete anything they touch is always fun. :b

What's your most proud moment here in Smashboards?
Not sure yet. Still working on it, I think. You'll see when it's done. :foe!:

If you could have a superpower what it would be?
Time control, so I can go back in time to before I joined here, and decide against doing that.

Why are you the best?
Because I'll delete you if you say I'm not. :forrest:

What is your favorite historical revolution?
Considering I come from a country whose history is lined with revolution after revolution, I'm spoilt for choice here. :b But also we lost basically all of them, so... For a specific one I'll go with the Easter Rising of 1916; while we lost fairly quickly, it was still the catalyst that eventually led directly to Irish independence, and not the watered-down "home rule" that had been on the table before then - one suspects that if we'd gotten that, we'd never have been able to really break away from the UK.

Favorite anime?
I've only seen like three full series, so I guess Jojo's Bizarre Adventure wins by default. Specifically Part 4, it has my favourite cast of characters, and Josuke is best Jojo. Part 2 and Joseph run a close second.

1-What's a concept for a class that you'd like to see in EO?
Considering the game's setting, I'd like something that makes use of a lot of current-day technology from our world. Or even get into some slightly more futuristic/sci-fi stuff like laser cannons or something. I get that all that stuff has fallen into disrepair in the time where EO is set, but I'm sure someone would have been able to figure things out eventually, right? EOU had some cool stuff in this realm, but I wish they had expanded on it a bit more.

2-Out of all of them, which EO class would you pick to get in Smash?
Harbingers would be pretty hype. We don't have any scythe users yet, so it'd be an opportunity to come up with something completely unique. Maybe we should have a go at coming up with a moveset for them. :b

3-Would you punch a TERF?
Nah, I'd just delete them from existence instead. Those types aren't worth dirtying my hands over.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ayyy Moydow

1) What matters more to you in a Fire Emblem game: map design or chapter clear objectives? Would you rather have consistently good maps but limited objectives, or varied objectives and hit or miss maps?

2) Has FEWiki seen any notable spikes in activity after Mekkah hailed it as a better wiki?

3) How does it feel being the best admin on Smashboards?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know it would happen...

1. You played Quest 64?
2. If so, favorite monster or character?

Ignore 2 if needed. It's not mandatory for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

1-If EO was ever to cross over with another series, what would you want it to be?(besides Smash, smartypants :p)
2-What's the aspect of Three Houses you're most excited for?
3-How do you feel about the color red?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
1. Is Moydow actually a very common name over in Ireland?
2. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or a hundred duck-sized horses?
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could only bring one user from here with you, who would it be? (or, would you rather be alone?)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
1- Would you mow my lawn?
2- If we get a remake of Genealogy would you like it to see it merged with Thracia 776?
3- Is FByleth cute?

D

Deleted member

Hi Moydow!!!

1. What are your goals?
2. What is life in Ireland like?
3. Where do you see yourself ten years in the future?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1) I know I’ve been really ****ing annoying and hard to handle recently- do you still enjoy talking to me?
2) How have you liked being an admin so far?
3) Between you, Cyn Cyn , and other admins, which one should be the main antagonist in my little short story? No harm meant.

D

Deleted member

1) What is your favorite EO game and why?
2) What is your favorite Video Game Console?
3) Why is EO your favorite Video Game series/one of your favorite video game series?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What does Moydow mean?
Mnone
Of
Your
Dbusiness
O
W

1) What matters more to you in a Fire Emblem game: map design or chapter clear objectives? Would you rather have consistently good maps but limited objectives, or varied objectives and hit or miss maps?
I think for varied objectives to work, the map design necessarily has to be on point. If the maps are unengaging or poorly designed, then the objective for that map will very likely end up being poorly executed too, however unique or creative it is. If you're going to have unique objectives then obviously the map design would be built around those, but I'd rather have maps with simple objectives that are fun to play, if they're going to struggle when they start introducing gimmicks. I'd look at something like Revelation which had interesting ideas in concept, but in execution they were pretty unfun and needed a lot more work put into them than they got. I'd have preferred for them to just focus on making basic but fun maps, instead of gimmicks that they couldn't polish in time.

2) Has FEWiki seen any notable spikes in activity after Mekkah hailed it as a better wiki?
We got a couple new regular editors. Nothing too notable, but definitely more people checking in to add pages and fix stuff up, which is cool.

We could always use more, though. :b

3) How does it feel being the best admin on Smashboards?
it feels like me being "best admin on Smashboards" is gonna end before I get used to the feeling. :foe!:

1. You played Quest 64?
I have not, sorry. Should I? :b

1-If EO was ever to cross over with another series, what would you want it to be?(besides Smash, smartypants :p)
An idea that I've been mulling over for a while is something that would essentially amount to an EO x Fire Emblem crossover. Basically you'd create your own army using the classes on offer, and then use them to fight FE-style battles, where each floor of the Labyrinth equals one FE map (25-30 is about the average number of chapters you get in an FE game, so it fits nicely). In some parts the maps are obscured as with fog of war, but before entering a battle you have an opportunity to do some recon in a similar fashion to EO dungeon crawling, and draw out the map to use in battle. Most maps would probably be "seize the staircase to proceed to the next floor", but you could tie in mechanics from each series to add more variety.

So I guess Fire Emblem, to answer your question directly. :b

2-What's the aspect of Three Houses you're most excited for?
More gay/bi characters obviously :b

Assuming the leaks are real, the story's similarities to FE4/9 got me pretty interested too. Those two are the peak of storytelling for the series, to me, so to hear that this could match or come close to them is pretty exciting.

3-How do you feel about the color red?
I like red. Nice and warm colour. Purple is still better, though. :b But red's definitely a top tier colour. The shade you've got for your text colour is particularly nice.

1. Is Moydow actually a very common name over in Ireland?
Not at all. :b

2. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or a hundred duck-sized horses?
Why do I have to fight them? Can't I just take them in as pets instead? I already have ducks and horses, so I know how to handle them, and duck-sized horses in particular just sound adorable. :forrest:

3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could only bring one user from here with you, who would it be? (or, would you rather be alone?)
I decline to answer, because either I sound like a loner, or I get accused of favouritism. :foe!:

1- Would you mow my lawn?
Depends how much money you have buried in it. :link:

2- If we get a remake of Genealogy would you like it to see it merged with Thracia 776?
I'm not sure it'd work out, really. The two games are like, complete opposite extremes in terms of scale - one takes you across the entire continent over the span of like 20 years, while the other zooms in on one tiny part of that continent over a few weeks. Mashing those together in the way I usually see suggested (put Thracia 776 in between chapters 6 and 7 of Genealogy) wouldn't feel particularly good to play, due to being pushed back and forth between the two styles. Assuming they keep the large maps intact in a Genealogy remake, I suppose, which I really hope they do.

3- Is FByleth cute?
I suspect we have different definitions of that last word
Not really sure what I think of her. Something feels off about the art I've seen of her so far. I think it's the eyes. Would rather she didn't have the exposed midriff and torn-up tights, too.

1. What are your goals?
To actually help people and make a positive difference in people's lives, I guess. I know that probably sounds pretty basic or whatever, but if things are going to change in the world then someone has to be willing to actually make that change happen.

2. What is life in Ireland like?
Unrelenting misery.

...Okay, so it's not that bad, but I've never really felt as if I fit in here. For as much progress as the country's made in recent years, many places are still pretty backwards and miserable to live in for someone like me.

3. Where do you see yourself ten years in the future?
In an office in Japan, negotiating with Sakurai('s successor) to have a character from a game of mine added to Smash. It may never happen, but you gotta aim high, right?

1) I know I’ve been really ****ing annoying and hard to handle recently- do you still enjoy talking to me?
Annoying? Nonsense, you've been just fine. Can't think of any time recently where I haven't enjoyed having you around.

2) How have you liked being an admin so far?
It'd be more fun if people would actually listen to me from time to time. :foe!:

3) Between you, Cyn Cyn , and other admins, which one should be the main antagonist in my little short story? No harm meant.
I mean, I'm gonna be the hero, obviously, right? I think you can figure out the rest from there. :b

1) What is your favorite EO game and why?
I'm gonna go with EO4. It's the most interesting in terms of plot, has the best skill tree system, and the airship exploration and mini dungeons work pretty nicely to break up the endless dungeon crawling and give you something else to do every so often. It's also the game that got me into the series, so there might be some nostalgia at play too.

2) What is your favorite Video Game Console?
I'll say the 3DS, it has so many of my favourite games like the bulk of the EO games, FE15, A Link Between Worlds, and DS compatibility and Virtual Console to expand that library even further. If you dropped me on a desert island and gave me only one console, the 3DS would easily be my pick.

3) Why is EO your favorite Video Game series/one of your favorite video game series?
A big one for me is the character building. Even within each class, there's usually two or three different ways to build a character in each class. You get so much control over what you want to do with your characters, in ways that few other RPG series come close to. It's great for replayability too, since it means you'll rarely end up wanting to use the same party twice, there's always more ways to experiment with builds and teams.

The map drawing is really fun once you get into it too. It really sounds like something you'd expect to absolutely hate going into the games, but then you get into the habit of noting down all the landmarks and events and stuff, and then you get to the end of the floor and check your progress, and it's just so satisfying. It also adds a lot to the feeling of exploring the dungeons and coming across areas nobody has ever seen before. It makes me wonder how they're going to replicate that when the games move away from the 3DS and they can't do this any more.

Also I'm one of the weird ones who really likes the games' punishing difficulty. :b It's usually handled in a good way, though, the way that makes you feel like when you lose, it's something that just requires a change of strategy or tweaking some skills on your end, and not because of cheap or overpowered attacks from the enemies, or outright bad design.

Would you rather tell Shish how old you are or admit EO is bad?
I can't "admit" something is bad if it isn't actually bad, so the question is invalid.
Why is she so interested in that anyway?

Which Fire Emblem game do you want to see get remade next
Genealogy of the Holy War, but only if they leave (most of) the story and big maps intact.

When are you going to watch toku?
Whenever you get around to actually playing an EO game and admitting it's good.

Why is @Shishœ so obsessed with you?
No one can resist my charms for long. I guess she's just more susceptible than most. :forrest:

D

Deleted member

I object to all questions mentioning my person and all baseless accusations towards me.
Anyways, more questions:
1-When will the redistribution of Gwen's like to the masses occur?
2-Could you terminate The Electrical Rat Fighters?
3-
An idea that I've been mulling over for a while is something that would essentially amount to an EO x Fire Emblem crossover. Basically you'd create your own army using the classes on offer, and then use them to fight FE-style battles, where each floor of the Labyrinth equals one FE map (25-30 is about the average number of chapters you get in an FE game, so it fits nicely). In some parts the maps are obscured as with fog of war, but before entering a battle you have an opportunity to do some recon in a similar fashion to EO dungeon crawling, and draw out the map to use in battle. Most maps would probably be "seize the staircase to proceed to the next floor", but you could tie in mechanics from each series to add more variety.

So I guess Fire Emblem, to answer your question directly. :b
Could you stop stealing my ideas?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
1. Do you ever get sick of F-Smash noises?

2. Favourite Fire Emblem character?

3. Where you ever close to being tempted to abuse your power and how?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
1: Are you actually good at Smash or does everyone you fight simply not know how to deal with Lucina?
2: How many people have you actually banned/ deleted accounts of?
3: Can you name your 5 favourite Jojo characters? Six if you're gonna include David Bowie

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1-When will the redistribution of Gwen's like to the masses occur?
First I have to overthrow the administrative bourgeoisie from within, and seize the means of ****posting for the benefit of the proletariat userbase. Then the redistribution can begin. I don't trust Gwen, the system benefits her so I don't believe she's really on our side at all. She'll have to be the first to go.

2-Could you terminate The Electrical Rat Fighters?
I'll cut them off at their source. :lucina:

Could you stop stealing my ideas?
You're just jealous cause my idea is better than whatever you had in mind.

1. Do you ever get sick of F-Smash noises?
That's impossible. :lucina:

2. Favourite Fire Emblem character?
:forrest:
It's funny how a game like Fates produced a character this good, but I'll take it. He's just able to be himself and not let anyone give him any trouble for it, and that's something I want to see a lot more of.

3. Where you ever close to being tempted to abuse your power and how?
Depends on what you count as an "abuse of power". :forrest::lucina::foe!:

1: Are you actually good at Smash or does everyone you fight simply not know how to deal with Lucina?
I don't spend any time doing stuff like labbing or researching frame data or anything like that. So in that sense, I'm not particularly good at the game, and I can't really explain why people here struggle against me, or why what I do works. To me, all I do is just press buttons at what feels like the right time, and it just kinda... works? So I guess people just haven't figured out how to deal with me yet.

2: How many people have you actually banned/ deleted accounts of?
6 account deletions, don't remember the exact number of bans but probably a similar number, plus countless spambots.

3: Can you name your 5 favourite Jojo characters? Six if you're gonna include David Bowie
In no particular order: Josuke Higashikata, Yoshikage Kira, Jotaro Kujo (though mainly for Part 4), Joseph Joestar, Robert Speedwagon, Wamuu
Not gonna include anyone from Part 5 until I'm done with it, but I'd probably stick Bucciarati in there too.

Do you bake moydow to make moybread?
I don't get it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have not, sorry. Should I? :b
It depends; do you like simplistic rpg's where the fun is in the unique battle system and character designs?

(Well, I should have it in the form of a question). Either way, you should play what you would find interesting. Or read a review, etc. :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy!

Chocolate or Vanilla?
You are tasked with creating an animated series, what's the plot?
15 kittens will now follow you for the rest of your life. They will find a way to get to you no matter what, what do you do?

D

Deleted member

1: What's your favorite Nintendo franchise?
2: Assuming you're familiar with Splatoon: Callie or Marie?
3: What's your favorite thing about Etrian Odyssey?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I feel awful for not jumping in as often as I should to these, especially bad since I was out for most of the weekend. Oh well, better late than ever, eh?
  1. What kind of place do you consider breathe-taking in real life that you would like to visit one day, or even live in?
  2. Would you change your physical appearance to match your favorite character if it meant being able to cosplay them flawlessly?
  3. If you were to reincarnate in any video game based on its setting, characters, and world-building, where would you be? Disregard gameplay since you're meant to live out this world with your own free actions.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What would you consider to be the most hype reveal for you in Smash Bros history?
2. Do you have a go-to platform of choice aside from Nintendo, and of so, what is it?
3. Yes or no?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
-Do you still think my eventual :ultcloud: cannot ever defeat you?
-What is the most appealing aspect of EO for you, and should people like me think of trying it?
-What is the worst film/game you've ever heard of or seen?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
one of is pronouncing your name wrong and it's not me
I pronounce the Dow in Moydow's name the same way I would the Dow Jones.

D

Deleted member

1. If you wrote a giant book, what would it be about?
2. Why are you so awesome and brilliant?
3. Let's say you could never die nor get harmed. What planet would you want to visit that is not Earth?
To actually help people and make a positive difference in people's lives, I guess. I know that probably sounds pretty basic or whatever, but if things are going to change in the world then someone has to be willing to actually make that change happen.
I like this goal!
Unrelenting misery.

...Okay, so it's not that bad, but I've never really felt as if I fit in here. For as much progress as the country's made in recent years, many places are still pretty backwards and miserable to live in for someone like me.
Aww, I hope life gets better for you.
In an office in Japan, negotiating with Sakurai('s successor) to have a character from a game of mine added to Smash. It may never happen, but you gotta aim high, right?
I know how you feel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Are you literate?
2. Are you a sexy mother ****er?
3. Would you trust this man with your children?
6DBE63D8-3BEC-4BFF-A95B-435EE634258E.jpeg
Cause I would

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom