• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-/Bi-/Whatever-Weekly AMA: Moydow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You get to add an echo fighter to smash ultimate, who do you add and what fighter do they share moves with?

Favorite superhero/Real life hero you look up to?

What is the superior weapon of the FE weapon triangle in your opinion?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Chocolate or Vanilla?
¿Por qué no los dos?

You are tasked with creating an animated series, what's the plot?
1. If you wrote a giant book, what would it be about?
I'm not gonna answer these, because I don't want to divulge details about something I might eventually actually work on. :b Though in my case, they'll more likely end up being games rather than anime or novels.

15 kittens will now follow you for the rest of your life. They will find a way to get to you no matter what, what do you do?
Train them to do my bidding. Might as well make use of them, right?

1: What's your favorite Nintendo franchise?
Fire Emblem, by a pretty wide margin.

2: Assuming you're familiar with Splatoon: Callie or Marie?
Callie just because I like her colour scheme better. Not as familiar with them in terms of personality.

3: What's your favorite thing about Etrian Odyssey?
-What is the most appealing aspect of EO for you, and should people like me think of trying it?
Already answered these in an earlier post, more or less.
A big one for me is the character building. Even within each class, there's usually two or three different ways to build a character in each class. You get so much control over what you want to do with your characters, in ways that few other RPG series come close to. It's great for replayability too, since it means you'll rarely end up wanting to use the same party twice, there's always more ways to experiment with builds and teams.

The map drawing is really fun once you get into it too. It really sounds like something you'd expect to absolutely hate going into the games, but then you get into the habit of noting down all the landmarks and events and stuff, and then you get to the end of the floor and check your progress, and it's just so satisfying. It also adds a lot to the feeling of exploring the dungeons and coming across areas nobody has ever seen before. It makes me wonder how they're going to replicate that when the games move away from the 3DS and they can't do this any more.

Also I'm one of the weird ones who really likes the games' punishing difficulty. :b It's usually handled in a good way, though, the way that makes you feel like when you lose, it's something that just requires a change of strategy or tweaking some skills on your end, and not because of cheap or overpowered attacks from the enemies, or outright bad design.
To pick a specific one, I'd go with the character building, just for how deep it is.

What kind of place do you consider breathe-taking in real life that you would like to visit one day, or even live in?
I really like the mountainous regions and the snowy northern parts of Canada. I love snow, so being able to visit somewhere like that some day would be pretty cool (no pun intended).

Would you change your physical appearance to match your favorite character if it meant being able to cosplay them flawlessly?
Not too interested in cosplay, but I wouldn't complain about being able to look more like :forrest:.

If you were to reincarnate in any video game based on its setting, characters, and world-building, where would you be? Disregard gameplay since you're meant to live out this world with your own free actions.
I'd probably go with the Tellius Fire Emblem games. It has some of the richest world building and best characters in the series. Specifically I'd probably go with Crimea, since it seems like the most forward-minded part of the world.

1. What would you consider to be the most hype reveal for you in Smash Bros history?
Robin and Lucina for Smash 4. That day blew so many of my expectations out of the water. I was fully expecting #MonadoMonday, so when Lucina showed up on screen it just blew my mind, since I'd already pretty much resigned myself to her not getting in. And Robin was just the icing on the cake; at least in terms of concept they're my favourite of the FE characters.

2. Do you have a go-to platform of choice aside from Nintendo, and of so, what is it?
Not really, I can only ever afford one console per generation, so I go with Nintendo since I know they'll have the most games I'll enjoy. Closest would be PC, but I don't use it much for PC-specific games.

3. Yes or no?
Maybe.

-Do you still think my eventual :ultcloud: cannot ever defeat you?
Keep dreaming. :lucina:

-What is the worst film/game you've ever heard of or seen?
Superman 64

2. Why are you so awesome and brilliant?
My secret? I'm always awesome and brilliant.

3. Let's say you could never die nor get harmed. What planet would you want to visit that is not Earth?
Is "all of them" an acceptable answer? Since if you're gonna be immortal, you might as well go look at as many places as you can.

1. Are you literate?
No, I just roll my face on the keyboard and somehow it produces meaningful responses that correspond to the actual questions.

2. Are you a sexy mother ****er?
I could answer this, but I don't want to break the internet with my fabulousness.

3. Would you trust this man with your children?
...no

You get to add an echo fighter to smash ultimate, who do you add and what fighter do they share moves with?
It'd require some liberties with hitbox sizes and stuff, but an Imperial from EO4 as a Robin echo could work. The Drive Blade's cooldown mechanic could be spun off the Levin Sword's durability, and the magic attacks could be a Runemaster subclass or something.

Favorite superhero/Real life hero you look up to?
I'm not sure if I can answer this, since I never really had anyone in real life that I felt I could look up to, and I never really got into superheroes until recently so I can't say I really looked up to any of them either. So I can't really give an answer that would do this question justice.

What is the superior weapon of the FE weapon triangle in your opinion?
I'm a fan of lances, personally, they strike a good balance between power and accuracy. No point having lots of power if you can't land a hit, or being able to land a hit but it barely scratches the target.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, I just roll my face on the keyboard and somehow it produces meaningful responses that correspond to the actual questions.
I could answer this, but I don't want to break the internet with my fabulousness.
...no
These are some very valid answers here

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If a Fire Emblem game took geographic and historical inspiration from Ireland, what types of things would you want to see?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Does AMA mean “Ask Me Anything” or “Ask Moydow Anything” cause honestly I’m very confused and need clarification.

2. If you saw Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, would you enjoy or not enjoy the show?

3. Waffles, pancakes, or French toast. You have to pick one to give to robots who control an island you are stranded. These robots consume breakfast foods and consuming them yourself will result in a death sentence of epic proportions. Which one will you give to them? Be careful as one of the foods will negotiate peace between you and the breakfast food loving robots, one will surely poison them due to one key ingredient but will also doom you as that’s the only semblance civilization you will experience on the island, and the other one will cause them to become super, super angry and mad and chase after you with the only means of escape being the sea, a volcano, and some tar pits.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If a Fire Emblem game took geographic and historical inspiration from Ireland, what types of things would you want to see?
One example that comes to mind is the turlough, a type of isolated lake that appears and disappears depending on things like seasons and weather conditions, and is almost completely unique to the specific part of Ireland where I live. Could work with the Dragon Veins, if they bring it or a similar mechanic back (I think it was pretty underused, really).

You'd probably also have a lot of areas based on hilly regions, so that could work well if they brought back the height difference mechanics from FE10.

In terms of historical stuff, again Irish history is full of revolutions and uprisings against an invading foreign power, so there's plenty of inspiration that could probably be taken from there and turned into a typical FE plot. The whole last 800 years of Irish history is like several FE plots strung together, except that the heroes lost most times.

1. Does AMA mean “Ask Me Anything” or “Ask Moydow Anything” cause honestly I’m very confused and need clarification.
It's the latter. Every AMA thread is just me answering questions via my many alt accounts.

2. If you saw Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, would you enjoy or not enjoy the show?
I'm sure I would enjoy it, since I quite like the album. In general I like stuff like that from the 60s and 70s that were quite experimental for their time and whose influence is still noticeable today; my personal favourite in this respect is David Bowie, but the influence of the Beatles can't be understated either.

3. Waffles, pancakes, or French toast. You have to pick one to give to robots who control an island you are stranded. These robots consume breakfast foods and consuming them yourself will result in a death sentence of epic proportions. Which one will you give to them? Be careful as one of the foods will negotiate peace between you and the breakfast food loving robots, one will surely poison them due to one key ingredient but will also doom you as that’s the only semblance civilization you will experience on the island, and the other one will cause them to become super, super angry and mad and chase after you with the only means of escape being the sea, a volcano, and some tar pits.
If they're intelligent like me, they'll want pancakes.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I have a question, but I dont know if it's my place to ask.

1. Am I allowed to ask it?

Anywho here is other stuff:

2. What was the first REALLY GOOD game you remember playing?
3. How irritated are you about how long Spirits Rico is taking? I'm fine if you're honest on that question.

If they're intelligent like me, they'll want pancakes.
Oh, am I mistaken? I thought I heard something about delicious pancakes.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1. Am I allowed to ask it?
I... guess? If it's a problem then I can just not answer, I suppose.

2. What was the first REALLY GOOD game you remember playing?
Super Mario 64. My early childhood was just NES and Master System games which I don't remember too well, but the N64 is the first console I remember fairly well, and I do remember being blown away by Mario suddenly being 3D and being able to run around in all directions, instead of just side to side. The game's still fun to pick up sometimes even today, and even with all the advances games have made since then, which is a testament to just how well-made it is.

3. How irritated are you about how long Spirits Rico is taking? I'm fine if you're honest on that question.
Not terribly so, I guess? I kind of expected it once I saw how slowly people were going down, so I kinda just accepted it fairly quickly. There are a few things I want to comment on in that regard, but I'll leave those until after the game is actually done.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
... guess? If it's a problem then I can just not answer, I suppose.
1. Okay. I'm fine if you don't answer. There are users who I am aware have identified as non-binary for quite some time, but I was fairly sure that you had female down for yourself. But then you switched it roughly a month or so ago, or so I believed. How long have you identified as non-binary?

2. In a similar vein to what I quoted in my previous post. Did you hear something about delicious pancakes?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1. Okay. I'm fine if you don't answer. There are users who I am aware have identified as non-binary for quite some time, but I was fairly sure that you had female down for yourself. But then you switched it roughly a month or so ago, or so I believed. How long have you identified as non-binary?
Since about 2014ish, though long before then I'd felt that I didn't really "fit in" with either of the binary options. It just wasn't until then that I started learning about the idea of anything outside of just "male" or "female".

I dunno where you got the idea that I identified as female until recently, though. Maybe because everyone on here calls me "she"? I'm not picky about pronouns, so most people seem to just go with that and I'm not really bothered by it.

2. In a similar vein to what I quoted in my previous post. Did you hear something about delicious pancakes?
Must be hearing things.

D

Deleted member

Since about 2014ish, though long before then I'd felt that I didn't really "fit in" with either of the binary options. It just wasn't until then that I started learning about the idea of anything outside of just "male" or "female".

I dunno where you got the idea that I identified as female until recently, though. Maybe because everyone on here calls me "she"? I'm not picky about pronouns, so most people seem to just go with that and I'm not really bothered by it.

Must be hearing things.
I believe you once told me you preferred she/her and they/them pronouns, is my memory making stuff up or did you prefer those pronouns once?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The reason I ask is because I'm aware the Shish has had non-binary for their whole time on the site (at least as long as I've known them), but I thought you had female listed here at some point. Maybe it was false memory, which it was.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What's the proper way to pronouce Moydow? And is there a story behind the username?
I decline on the first question, since it was already causing some confusion earlier. Gotta keep some secrets. :b
As for the second, it was something 14 year old me started using because I couldn't think of anything better. I've thought about changing it a few times, but I still suck with names so I dunno what to change it to.

I believe you once told me you preferred she/her and they/them pronouns, is my memory making stuff up or did you prefer those pronouns once?
I think you're making stuff up. :b I don't remember ever saying anything other than "I don't care which pronouns you use".

The reason I ask is because I'm aware the Shish has had non-binary for their whole time on the site (at least as long as I've known them), but I thought you had female listed here at some point. Maybe it was false memory, which it was.
I think you're confusing me with Shish. I've been NB since almost as long as I've been on here, while she only recently did.
Why is this happening so much lately? :foe!:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think you're confusing me with Shish. I've been NB since almost as long as I've been on here, while she only recently did.
This is definitely what happened. I knew that I was definitely something confused. I didn't want to ask because I knew there was a good feeling you were NB for much longer than what I assumed you were. (I wanted to know when and why you changed identification, when that never actually happened).

1. After Super Mario 64, what has been your history of favorite games? I.e. what game took the throne from SM64, and so on. You don't really need to give explanations for these, just kind of a timeline.

2. What was the toughest Decisive Game you have participated in?

3. What are your top few favorite songs from Atlus games? This question is designed to let you have multiple favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom