• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sector Z v0.8.5

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the other stage hack? Well, my stage hack is different. The great fox is significantly bigger and the death boundary has been stretched wider than having edge of great fox inaccessible
umm i downloaded the non hollow version and you do die before getting to the edge

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I prefer the air.[/Falco]

Erm...as I was saying...personally, I prefer the size the stage is now. It's been a while since I've played the 64 version, but this size just "feels" right to me. The only thing I notice is that the nose seems to stretch out too far relative to the guns - didn't it used to be a lot easier to recover if you got caught down there?
If you complained that you wanted to survive after destroying the cannons, then don't go there XP

The size of great fox in my stage hack is almost exact alike to the one in SSB64, it's in X=1.1, Y=0.9, and Z=1 (it was 0.5 in all axis in Corneria stage)

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
If you complained that you wanted to survive after destroying the cannons, then don't go there XP

The size of great fox in my stage hack is almost exact alike to the one in SSB64, it's in X=1.1, Y=0.9, and Z=1 (it was 0.5 in all axis in Corneria stage)
im saying you can't get to the part to even grab on the edge

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Mhmm... Sometime I saw some update number went up randomly such as wii system menu 3.0 at the first launch then it grew up to 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, then it sharply advanced to 4.0

How the hell this work?

I wanna ask any of you who downloaded this stage: I noticed that Z was kinda too big, do you think it need to be shrunken down?
Basically the numbers before the point are the major version number and the numbers after the point are the minor version number. Minor's when you make a little update, and major's when you make a much larger update that makes it very different from the previous major version. It doesn't necessarily go up to 3.9 then to 4.0 if the major update is made somewhere around 3.4.

And yeah, it is a little big for Brawl. In my opinion it's bad practice to have to require three jumps to get somewere. Maybe you could make it just a little smaller?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
And yeah, it is a little big for Brawl. In my opinion it's bad practice to have to require three jumps to get somewere. Maybe you could make it just a little smaller?
Considering this stage hack is almost precisely based off of the original stage, it's actually appropriate and/or correct that you have to do a triple jump to reach the tip of the tail.
Whether or not you like it is a different story because I'm downloading this right ****ing now.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
Basically the numbers before the point are the major version number and the numbers after the point are the minor version number. Minor's when you make a little update, and major's when you make a much larger update that makes it very different from the previous major version. It doesn't necessarily go up to 3.9 then to 4.0 if the major update is made somewhere around 3.4.
Aha thanks for explaining this clearly

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Considering this stage hack is almost precisely based off of the original stage, it's actually appropriate and/or correct that you have to do a triple jump to reach the tip of the tail.
Whether or not you like it is a different story because I'm downloading this right ****ing now.
As long as Link can't get over the tip with two jumps, than it's fine. :)

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
This project is win! The only thing that bothters me is the horizontal blast zones need to be stretched out. Anyway, I downloaded this as fast as possible! And me likey! Next thing that comes to mind is a 3D hyrule Castle! Keep up the win swift fox!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm going to say defrag your SD, but I have yet to test it myself in-game. It worked fine in BSTM-GUI.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's the SD itself that leaves "fragments" or whatever (not the files) and that's what will cause static sounds sometimes. Got to defrag every so often, especially for BRSTM's. Follow FrozenHobo's advice if you aren't sure, but I never had a problem.

Works fine. Also, I second the notion that the side boundaries should be expanded. The vertical ones are practically perfect.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
YEAH!!! May I recommend also being able to go inside the Great Fox from the front? Theres an opening at the bottom of the front, where arwings come out.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
This project is win! The only thing that bothters me is the horizontal blast zones need to be stretched out. Anyway, I downloaded this as fast as possible! And me likey! Next thing that comes to mind is a 3D hyrule Castle! Keep up the win swift fox!
im so agreed with you this stage is awesome but he need to fix the pokemon trainer spawn and streetch the horizontal blast zones and a little more the high blast zone =)

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
YEAH!!! May I recommend also being able to go inside the Great Fox from the front? Theres an opening at the bottom of the front, where arwings come out.
I never thought of that! That would be in updated stgdxcorneria in hollow version later. Thanks >_^

And did someone said "blast zone" and that mean Great Fox's cannons, right? I don't think stretching will help anything =P

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
blast zone = death boundary

right now the horizontal ones need to be moved out by a large amount. same with the camera.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah but some of the 64 stages in Melee and some of the Melee stages in Brawl are different sizes from their original appearances, so why can't this be different too?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Yeah but some of the 64 stages in Melee and some of the Melee stages in Brawl are different sizes from their original appearances, so why can't this be different too?
well its the difference between brawl style, which when the game wasn't out and had daily updates i swear reading that he said the brawl characters are bigger than melee, or being accurate

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I downloaded this. However, it freezes when I select it. Was the .pac based off a PAL Corneria?

I'm really looking forward to playing on this stage, though. DX

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I guess it's because SwiftFoxSmash! wanted to make it almost proportionally accurate to the 64 original (not to speak for himself), regardless if model sizes have gotten larger.

well its the difference between brawl style, which when the game wasn't out and had daily updates i swear reading that he said the brawl characters are bigger than melee, or being accurate
I feel like I've heard the same thing. However, that has very little to do with how pathetically small Corneria was in Brawl. It's been said several times that the bone scaling was set to 0.5 when it was imported. Compared to the rest of the Melee stages though, Brawl characters models really aren't that much larger than one would like to think (at least, I'm pretty sure of that).

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
The size is great. Leave it be. :D

Seriously, if people want small stages, there are plenty to choose from (including leaving Corneria the way it is now). A big ol' Sector Z just the way it was in 64 would be another option for another playstyle. A splendid one, IMHO, but just another option.

Top Bottom