• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sector Z v0.8.5

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
When I tried the Hollow Great Fox, Everything was awesome, except that I cannot go into the thruster all the way, and I can't go to the front of the ship. The death boundaries are too close and the camera won't allow it, so basically I can't die from the bottom of the screen...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Do you play Brawl+? The death boundary mod may mess up the camera on this stage. Ditch the code and see if it works.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The CPUs seem to act stupid if they go inside the hollow version.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
So will the boundaries get expanded or are we gonna have to edit the code? o.o

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
for people using the B+ death boundary code, try this code instead of the current death boundary data:

Death boundary data
065A9000 00000020
1CF0F330 CD000000
2DF0F1A0 E6000000
37F00000 000D0000

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats not a problem with the code. if the code does not work then you should get a code dump. if its loading up a black screen after you start the game with gecko then thats another problem.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
for people using the B+ death boundary code, try this code instead of the current death boundary data:

Death boundary data
065A9000 00000020
1CF0F330 CD000000
2DF0F1A0 E6000000
37F00000 000D0000
So that basically a code that apply to sector Z when loaded with Brawl+ right?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the problem that was occurring is that there was previously a code that adjusted the boundaries for corneria with B+. people loading your stage with B+ would have whatever boundary data you had programmed overwritten by the code (code always beats out pacs). once the line was removed there would be no code to overwrite the pac.

the code needs to be edited anyway as we're moving all the boundary edits over to pac files.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
So If I want to play as this being the fool that I am lacking the knowledge to add and remove codes, I can wait 'till the B+ package gets this boundary code removed? o.o

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
eh, don't hold your breath. its going to be a long time before we actually implement it. would be easier to just learn how to make your own gct.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
So If I want to play as this being the fool that I am lacking the knowledge to add and remove codes, I can wait 'till the B+ package gets this boundary code removed? o.o
just if you have a txt file of your codes, if you don't you can get it on the brawl+ website open it in codemanager and uncheck the code it is really simple

EDIT: going back i see you change the code but its still not that hard

Slashy

Smash Lord
Death boundary data
065A9000 00000018
1CF0F330 CD000000
2DF0F1A0 E6000000
37F00000 000D0000

You messed up the code, here is the fix.

Kati

Smash Lord
The parameters for the boundary could even be a bit wider that the code right above mine. I remember the old Sector Z had more room for intercepts and edge-guarding on the left ledge.

I didn't miss anything did I? this thread has been pretty quiet for a while. The stage is great regardless of spawn points though!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the code doesn't edit the boundaries, it just removes the edits made in B+. the current boundaries for the stage are all in the pac.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I tried making some spawn point / boundary edits to Sector Z. If people could try this out and tell me what they think that would be great.
download unofficial version
I think maybe Ice Climber's FS should be moved up a bit more. It's not going to be very good on this stage anyway :)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No hollow 0.8 yet huh? Well thats ok I can wait. I guess I'll download the normal 0.8 for now.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
No hollow 0.8 yet huh? Well thats ok I can wait. I guess I'll download the normal 0.8 for now.
The hollow version somewhat feel discomfort... I'd rather to make Sector Z much alike to the one from SSB on N64 (Except even sexier graphics <3)

Itt's not done yet because there are lot of things to work on...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea, hollow wasn't that good. COMs acted stupid if they got stuck under there lol

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I'm going to vertex hack and replacing new textures on the great fox, arwing, and background.

If you know how to make background almost completely stuck with camera (the exception is that it's zoomed whenever camera went backward or forwards), then let me know! Thanks.

Kati

Smash Lord
Soo, here is my impression of 8.5:

-the boundary on the left is too small, while the right has a large amount in the space where the camera doesn't follow

-the bottom right is subject to sniping from the arwing that can't be seen... good thing there is no knockback, but this is odd nonetheless.

-I didn't see any fixed entrances...

Now, I don't have the boundary codes on my gct that slashy supplied, but besides that, there's nothing that could be giving me these results riight..?

What are other people's impressions of this version? am I way off?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The entrances work fine for me. I don't have any boundary codes enabled on Corneria at all (I'm using BBrawl 2, so that stuff is in the .PAC file which I'm replacing anyway.)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
the boundary on the left is too small, while the right has a large amount in the space where the camera doesn't follow
Is it just me or the boundaries around Great Fox are perfectly fine to me...

the bottom right is subject to sniping from the arwing that can't be seen... good thing there is no knockback, but this is odd nonetheless.
Yeah I've realized that before. Animators are alway welcome >_<

I didn't see any fixed entrances...
In my Wii, it worked properly.

What are other people's impressions of this version? am I way off?
Well, it's much unfinished. I will consider all bugs fixed when it reached up to v1.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh, well I'm not surprised I did something wrong lol

this new patch requires so much file tinkering...

Still loving this stage/project

Top Bottom