• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondaries?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I secondary GW. i only use him in teams though, and in certain situations where im counterpicked. I always use diddy in singles unless like, someone takes me to rainbow cruise or something

DUB

Smash Lord
About the Wario as a secondary...

I've seen a lot of people play Wario as a main and when you watch them play other characters you can almost guess that they are Wario players just by the way they move.

as for best secondary, I still think its either G&W ( Falco, DDD if you have trouble) or Marth, who I think is the best option because he counters Luigi, Wario, Peach, Olimar and mostly all Diddys bad matchups. He just requires a lot of skill at a high level. If your not sure....MK

T3h Albino

Smash Master
eh you can get over the matchup with d3 olimar/falco aren't that hard once you get use to there stupid grab tricks. But i also use kirby so 0____o

TreK

Is "that guy"
my secondary character is martha... you know, marth's pwnsome little sister :p
She is a beast on some of diddy's worst stages, and does well against some of diddy's hardest matchups :p
She doesn't requires any particular muscle memory so you can focus on both without losing any skill, and her very different playstyle usually confuse people, while you're still using a mindgame based character.
WIN !

*btw my second main is Luigi, he's useless matchup wise but i'm better with him than martha*

Panix

Smash Ace
I main snake and second diddy.

both have great use of projectials and can be used defensive/offensively.

Snake more on the defensive, diddy more on the offense.

but you can still play def with diddy and offense with snake.

get it?

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
GaW is probably your best bet for a strategic second character. Helps against Olimar/Falco/Luigi. Honestly though, I think Diddy is a perfectly capable main that doesn't need any secondaries. Use whatever character you find enjoyable to play.

My personal secondary is Yoshi, DR-ing everywhere is fun, hehe. There's still a hope in my heart that one day he will rise to mid-tier.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I have to present to you..Donkey Kong! He's the leader of the bunch, and you know him well.

Well what are Diddy's worst stages? Stages that force you up close and take out the naner game? Like Brinstar? Don't like BF? DK duz. Don't like that platform on yoshi's? DK loves that mutha****a. Snake too hard to KO? DK kills him at 50-60 on BF and has a 60-40 advantage matchup-wise! Gorilla dust! Doesn't drip! Doesn't leave a mess(other than splattered blood on the wall), you wring it out and wash it in the washing machine!

We're gonna do this in real time..Look at the matchups that Diddy doesn't like.. Marth? 60-40 DK advantage, Luigi? 50-50. Falco? 50-50! Oli? 55-45 DK! Omfg! WTF!

made in Africa, you know the Africans always make good stuff.

Never broken a shield in your life? DK's side B eats over half of a shield! O MAN!

and if you turn Brawl on now, because you know we can't do this all day..

you'll get 1 DK right above your Diddy!

here's how to order!

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
I have to present to you..Donkey Kong! He's the leader of the bunch, and you know him well.

Well what are Diddy's worst stages? Stages that force you up close and take out the naner game? Like Brinstar? Don't like BF? DK duz. Don't like that platform on yoshi's? DK loves that mutha****a. Snake too hard to KO? DK kills him at 50-60 on BF and has a 60-40 advantage matchup-wise! Gorilla dust! Doesn't drip! Doesn't leave a mess(other than splattered blood on the wall), you wring it out and wash it in the washing machine!

We're gonna do this in real time..Look at the matchups that Diddy doesn't like.. Marth? 60-40 DK advantage, Luigi? 50-50. Falco? 50-50! Oli? 55-45 DK! Omfg! WTF!

made in Africa, you know the Africans always make good stuff.

Never broken a shield in your life? DK's side B eats over half of a shield! O MAN!

and if you turn Brawl on now, because you know we can't do this all day..

you'll get 1 DK right above your Diddy!

here's how to order!
ONE SLAP AT A TIME!!!!!!
lol i agree with you ive picked up DK and all i hate is his recovery :/

Top Bottom