• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondaries?

awful

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been posted on the diddy boards before and I'm sorry if it has; but what are good secondaries to have playing diddy?

I'm aware Diddy really doesn't have that many bad matchups but I'm curious of what any other Diddy mains use as a secondary.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
main: diddy
secondary: diddy =P

even against bad matchups i want to be excelled as a diddy player even when the odds are stacked against me. its the best way to progress one's self.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
You shouldve asked in the Q&A thread.
Its one of the sticky threads
This thread might get locked :ohwell:

But I say snake or G&W cause theyre good against diddys bad matchups

awful

Smash Cadet
you make a good point DFEAR

thanks for the input Bellioes

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've been thinking on wario for some reason. He's just really fun, but I don't know if he has any competitive value for a diddy main or if he takes too much muscle memory to play that it would ruin diddy.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
you make a good point DFEAR

thanks for the input Bellioes
No prob
Someone told me Snake is better but I learned to play as both cause I hate the Diddy vs Rob matchup so I use G&W for ROB (and Marths/Pits) and Snake for everyone else that gives my Diddy a hard time

And at chrome: Im actually starting to pick up Wario. I dont know about the muscle memory thing (it isnt effecting me too much) but I know he is fun to play as ^_^

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I've been thinking on wario for some reason. He's just really fun, but I don't know if he has any competitive value for a diddy main or if he takes too much muscle memory to play that it would ruin diddy.
if you want a 2ndary that will not interfere with diddy's style of play other than counter picking diddy =P i would choose fox/mk/snake theyre all relatively fast in matters of attack speed and pressuring. i actually tried 2nding wario T_T and the spacing game isnt my thing at all

===L/W===

Smash Rookie
wario is tough to use at the same time as diddy but hes really fun. i think i saw a video of nanerz using wario and he seemed good:)

awful

Smash Cadet
how does wario do in the olimar matchup?
cause i know diddy has somewhat of a hard time against him.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
if you want a 2ndary that will not interfere with diddy's style of play other than counter picking diddy =P i would choose fox/mk/snake theyre all relatively fast in matters of attack speed and pressuring. i actually tried 2nding wario T_T and the spacing game isnt my thing at all

i tried playing fox once, it was sad
idk why, i just cant play him well

i dont really second anyone, but i play a bunch of characters for fun

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i tried playing fox once, it was sad
idk why, i just cant play him well

i dont really second anyone, but i play a bunch of characters for fun
laser/sh dair/ uptilt/ upsmash around 100% o.o thats it really.

awful

Smash Cadet
Fox seems like a good choice but the Fox boards rate the luigi match for fox and 35:65(wow) and the marth/olimar matchup as 40:60

which still leaves Diddy stuck against those 3 characters

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well bro honestly if u are just having a hard time with matchups just be a better player and be smart ya know? if a certain character is giving u trouble exploit their flaws. its very hard to do trust me but with time u will be a better diddy but not only as a character tho but as an individual who uses diddy as a replacement for actual strategy instead of lol chaingrab to dair HAR HAR HAR or BBBBBBBnado xD. otherwise be metaknight simple as that o.o bandwagon is open to all. the diddy wagon can only hold so many tho? and u are welcomed to come. tho were low on bananas o-o

awful

Smash Cadet
WELL PUT DFEAR

I guess the moral of this story is just get a better Diddy.

:D

LOL @ Kaptain Kong

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea :3 dont worry awful. i trust u will be great get vids soon! =D i cant wait till i finally buy a game bridge/dazzle T_T ****ing things are always out of stock.

awful

Smash Cadet
Yeah i have been having trouble with diddy, i just switched from being a lucas main which i was pretty good as.Hopefully i can work on my diddy some more and get up vids :D

My friend has a crappy Dazzle, it lags when it records sometimes but other than that its good.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Speaking of vids, I have a question
If I transfer my replays to my SD card and then put them on my comp, how good is the quality.
Cause Im thinking about buying an SD card to do this but I want to know if its worth it.

awful

Smash Cadet
SD cards are ok, sometimes files won't play on them or the files go corrupt for no reason

just make sure you get a good one if that's your choice

DFEAR

Smash Hero
just having an sd card wnt cut it. u must use something that records replay off the wii since nothing on a computer can read those files :< unless someone discovers it

awful

Smash Cadet
yeah I just remembered that lol

Yeah Bellioes you would need a Cap Card with the sd card

SD wont work with wii

awful

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if it is or not

but im pretty sure you could email the file or send it through aim

you already have your material on the computer?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No not yet, but I have a mini SD card already
All I have to do is transfer the replays from my wii to the card and then use my camera to put them onto my comp (I believe theyre called .bin files)
But do you think they would record my replays for me even if I send them and the project is already over?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
you could always ask Vyse about it in the oathkeeper thread
i think hes working on it a lot, thats why he hasn't been that active recently
So the projects not over yet?
Cause some people were saying you cant submit vids anymore in the oathkeeper thread and I just want to clarify before sending in my replays.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oathkeeper is far from over. But it's also far from the reason I'm inactive.
I've just started Uni, so I've been pouring my soul into it.

I've got a few ideas in mind to get past the current hurdle I'm at. I'll keep you peeps posted.

Fritz~9

Smash Cadet
I second TL. Works out well that norfair is one of TL's best stages. I don't think he counters many of diddy's bad matchups but I use TL against DK, luigi, peach, DDD, ROB, Wario, sometimes ZSS, olimar, and Snake.

Top Bottom