• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season's Beatings III: Money/Power/Resets! Columbus, OH -Oct. 18/19 - '08

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
************************Godlike Productions presents:**************************

Season's Beatings III: Money/Power/Resets!

Date: Saturday, Oct. 18 / Sunday, Oct. 19, 2008

2895 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
(614) 784-0888
-- Also a Wi-Fi hotspot.

**These are prelim rules -- again we want this run FOR Smash, BY Smash, so the rules are all your department. We're doing this for you and want Smash to get exactly what it needs, like every year.

Mathos did a excellent job running Smash each our previous tournaments, and hope you all can make it out again! WE JUST KEEP GROWING! Thanks for your support. Feedback is appreciated. If you missed the hype train the last couple years, we'll be happy to fill you in on the GODLIKE venue, atmosphere and numbers!

Google Maps Directions

Please respect the venue and do not bring any outside food or drinks inside. There is a full grill and beverage bar (and it's goood) to satisfy your needs, including alcohol for those over 21.

Venue pics:

PACKED
Godlike prod.
Get this money!!

Red Roof Inn #121: (614) 267-9941
Check availability = BOOKED

There is a $20 entry fee for the venue.
All tournament games have a $10 entry fee, as well.
Registration begins at 11 a.m, doors open then for casuals.

Main Events:

Justin Wong vs. IFCYIPES -- FT10: Once and for All!
This epic MvC2 battle has never been seen by the human eye, and will only be seen exclusively in OHIO!)

~ Evo '07 Grudge Match: Demon Hyo vs. Sanford Battle for Supremacy!

Tentative:

East Coast vs. West Coast 5-on-5 Team Rematch
Original MvC2 clash: 2003. West is up 1-0, but this is the NEW EC.
Can the West invade with a squad to measure up to the Beasts from the East and score another victory ... FIND OUT at SB3)

Saturday, Oct. 18th~

Tekken 5: DR (PS3, if no T6) 1pm (Ran By 50Yen & NasH)
SFIII: 3rd Strike (PS2) 1pm (Ran By Ghaleon and NagattalockII)
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core (PS2) 1pm
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 1pm (Ran By Jeron)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) 3pm
DOA4 (360) 3pm (ran by Perfect Legend)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3) 4pm ( Ran By Devildigimon)
KoF98um (PS2) 4pm (Keits)

Sunday, Oct. 19th~

All-Brawl (Wii) Noon (Ran By Keits)
Melee (GC) 1:30 pm - (Ran By Paul Soth)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2) Noon (Ran By SkiSonic)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo 1pm (DC)
Arcana Heart 2 (arcade board)
WHP (PS2) 3 p.m. (Keits)
Garou (PS2) 5 p.m. (Keits)

Payouts will be 70/20/10

Those of you who know us know that we are strictly business. So there will be NO mishandling of funds, waiting on checks to clear, 3rd-party mishaps, low-turnout excuses, etc. You will leave with the MONEY you win!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

All tournaments will be double-elimination; 2/3 matches; 3/5 winner's/loser's finals; 4/7 GF.

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter/Joystick) event. It is strongly discouraged that you share your stick/pad with anyone during the tournaments. The 3 min rule is strongly in effect, Meaning if you are called for a match and cannot report for it due to waiting on YOUR equipment, the losers bracket awaits you after 3 minutes. Also the SB/Momos staff is not responsible for lost or stolen equipment so please KEEP a close eye on your belongings at all times. In regards to Converts for any system, I strongly advise EVERYONE to bring your own converter if your pad/stick requires it and to be cautious to lending out. We will not be providing them because they are rare and always come up missing.

The following rules apply:

If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Button mapping is allowed. Having 2 or 3 buttons combined into ONE is banned
(e.g. No 3x punch/kick mapped to L1, etc.). GG/Tekken are exempt from this rule.

Smash Brothers Brawl --Wii

SINGLES + DOUBLES -- standard SSBB tournament rules

Brawl Maps:

RANDOM STAGES
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Smashville
Lylat cruise

COUNTERPICKS:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pictochat
Castle Siege
Corneria*
Rainbow Ride
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Distant Planet
Onett

BANNED:
Everything else.

ALL BRAWL -- Wii

-2 stocks, 3 minutes, 3/5 (this ensures that 'problem' situations are not as effective in the overall set, and the short matches ensure that players banking on one strategy (smashball only) might not even see the item they need each round.

-All items set to ON with a medium spawn. (an item will spawn every 10-14 seconds. A full 3 minute match will see only 18 item spawns at most) Edit - ALL items on, now.

-All stages are allowed as random starters AND counterpicks. Edit - Classic Mario Bros is back in, its the only stage that can counter Super Sonic. It may be different, but its not broken. ALSO, to clarify, no custom stages are EVER allowed, even the default ones included as examples on the disc.

-Sudden death WILL decide the outcome of a match. In the face of a stalemate during sudden death, a judge may force the players to play a 1 stock / 3 minute rematch, where sudden death will count again if it is reached.

-The first stage of a set will be chosen randomly from all stages. Players will select their characters AFTER a stage is chosen randomly. (Tournament Staff - either press random and then back out to character select, then chose the same stage that random chose after character selection, OR pre assign a starter stage randomly to each round of the tournament (ie, everyone in Losers Round 1 starts on Jungle Japes, and everyone in Winners round 2 starts on Pictochat)

-Single Counterpicking is in effect. The winner may never make any selections. Losers may change character and stay on the same stage, or choose a new stage but keep his character. Never both.

-Players may NOT agree to change rules. They may NOT agree to choose a different starter stage, or different item settings.

3S -- Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!

MvC2 -- No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs' glitch allowed. Winner keeps the SAME team/SAME order. Loser can change everything.

T5:DR -- Players must agree on a stage. If not, random stage select will be in effect. Winner keeps same character, loser may change.

ST (DC) -- no Akuma, Turbo 3, NKI arcade dipswitches on

SCIV -- - Format PS3
- Double Elimination
- 3/5 rounds all matches
- 2/3 matches winners and losers
- 3/5 matches winners, losers, and grand - finals
- no pausing or soft reset. or u forfeit match. check button config BEFORE u select characters. THIS IS YOUR WARNING! micro mapping allowed.
- Vadar and bonus characters banned
- Voldo side related glitch is banned. ivy wsB infinite banned (u ARE allowed 3 reps.)

Rules for the SNK games:-- Format PS2

KoF98um - Omega Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi, Orochi Leona, and Orochi Iori are banned.

Garou - The size of the TOP meter cannot be changed from default (1/3rd), but i can be moved.

WHP - NeoDio and Zues are banned. Gokuu sucks, so he is allowed.

Don't miss a chance to test your mettle against the biggest names in fighting games.

Please pre-register your SRK name, city/ST and games if you plan to attend, so brackets can be filled in advance. Registering the day of is allowed but not encouraged -- don't complain about where you fit into the bracket. If you're traveling, give us the names of your crew and their games.

More info soon. Any questions, post here or PM me, Ghaleon. Check out the national HYPE at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5189023#post5189023 -- we're getting **** even Evo won't this year.

Please let us know if you can provide extra TVs/systems. With the huge interest we're going to again need the community's help on providing systems/TVs. We'll provide all the space needed.

Thanks to all for the continued support -- esp all the road warriors making the trip to Columbus. We look forward to seeing everyone again -- and plenty of newcomers too. -gdlk.

Drephen

Smash Master
Not allowing DDD chainthrow is stupid. It's part of his game. Keep that in, and the Brawl rules are perfect.
lol thanks lordblade from california? you even going to this?

yeah theres still a lot of nit picky things about the rules but im sure mathos will take care of it

melee???????????????

ikeman

Smash Rookie
I Will Be There.... I Been Lookin 4 Somethin Like This For The Longest

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Usually, they have some games on Sunday + the big MVC2 fights.

I believe Smash is for the whole day Saturday (at least most of it is). Usually a wall of tvs and cubs/wiis with 4 man layer of people wathcing/playing.

Again if you are interested, post your handle, city/state, and what games you'll be in.

(I already did this on the tekken site, so you won't see mine here.... and yes I'll be in the brawl one)

This event will be big! Try to go to this. (Got plenty of time to plan for it)

Peace

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
OK, I changed the DDD thing. Thanks for your input! Like I said, we leave Smash rules/organization totally up to the community since it's not our scene.

Smash will be 10/18, but if you want to hang around on Sunday we have THE TOP names in pretty much every game out there -- all Capcom & SNK, Guilty, Arcana, Mortal Kombat 2/3. A lot will be going on.

Yeah, this has definitely turned into a national major. Even our first tournies had huge Smash tournouts, so I expect this year to just be bigger. Shoryuken SB3 thread I know Capcom isn't the big interest here, but you can see how much hype we've got -- and it's still June. Any Smash people at our previous tournies can tell about the one-of-a-kind venue, too.

I think it would be cool to have Melee if that what people want, but I'm not sure how we can get it in. Singles/doubles takes most of the day with a whole wall of stations devoted to it.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I would highly recommend going to this event.

Last time there must have been at least 40 people for the singles and doubles tournament with 7 TV and a wall dedicated to Smash Bros.

This is not an event to miss if you are in the Midwest... or anywhere, heh

Might want to make this sticky soon.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I hope to go to this. Thing is I have a band performance the day before AND the day after. And I need a ride. For now count me as registered but as soon as I find out if I can't make it you'll be the first to know.

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Count me in I'll be there for sure. I'll see if my team wants to come as well. we've got a bout 6 or 7 people so I'll be sure to tell them about his.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This looks interesting, and its only 3 hours away from here. MI might be able to make it down, but no guarantees (this is pretty far away ^_^)

BTW, you should use a variant of the SBR ruleset that is going to be released soon. It'll be the best Smash rules you can get.

Watty

Smash Lord
theres a line between some melee players and brawl players, I dont know how big this is going to get.

drew this is the weekend of darkrains tourney stupid, you cant go to both silly

aquteen

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool to have Melee if that what people want, but I'm not sure how we can get it in. Singles/doubles takes most of the day with a whole wall of stations devoted to it.
If you were able to squeeze in melee that would be great, I think you would get a lot more people that you normally wouldn't get with just brawl.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I would try to make it to this if there was melee. Wouldn't mind checking out the CvS2, GG and SCIV also, but melee would be the only thing to get me there.

soap

Smash Hero
yayhuzz melee... its two days, u could do brawl on one, melee the next. Or just Do Melee singles and Brawl singles if need be, as most people come for singles anyway.

Like aquteen said, attendance would be much better, cuz those two games are completely different and not everybody likes both.

Impp

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been said, but it'd be sweet if they did melee. Just throwing that out there.

soap

Smash Hero
i remember hearing **** from the other fighters how smash isnt a real fighting game, and i was like what are they gona think of us after they see brawl, but oddly enough they seem to like brawl more (it has a better keep away game or something like that)

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Fugee posting!

All u smashheads have supported since day one so Im not gonna turn my back on you now. Melee added! is sunday koo? thoughts.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I hope they have Soul Calibur 4 ^^

I'll try to see if any IN players want to go.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! Melee son!

I'll definitely be there!

Btw, Q, if you go to this will you play in the melee tourney?
If so I need a partner for doubles.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Nah, I probably won't play Melee. I dunno if I'll have anyone to practice with until then since I'll be living up there by the end of this month. + I'm so out of practice already... this weekend I tried playing some people in Melee and all my tech skill was gone. Missed techs and L-cancels called for ****.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Well....that's cool.

Dam shame when that happens to a really good player. I remember I used to get ***** by your fox in teams a lot and I based my fox off of yours and Sean's. I hope we still play one day, if not just friendlies.

But I really wish you would still play melee competitively. We need a 6th crew member.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
You need to preregister before Oct 13th to avoid playing your boy in the 1st round. Thanx again for the support.

name/tag
city/state
games

Top Bottom