• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scunτhorpe SmashFest

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
My mistake it wasn'y KJ, sorry for that man. But hopefully i can get my account back as i have contacted forum support :)

Anaky, Apology not accepted.

Bmac, In regards to the terms here, you have to understand, this is a family friendly site. We can't have you saying things like that when some people will take offense to it.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Seems like Andy is sore about being banned. :v

Ontopic: is the zorz actually hosting anything next week or is there not enough interest for it to happen? I'm kinda iffy on whether to come round or not really ... I just feel like being incredibly lazy next week, what with the fact it's christmas and stuff. v_v

I'm a poor excuse of a 'smasher'.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yes kmac its on, me and andy are going, miller/siri/cloud are iffy but me and andy will be there so you better get there kmac, more the merrier (pardon the pun)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
u better come mac u have all the time in the world to be lazy at ur house and blur

il speak to miller and cloud asap

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Well i finish work at 6pm on wednesday, i was planning on leaving straight away. if you can get to Marston green station for like 6.30ish that'd be a help, its a few stops on from newstreet station and so much closer to where i live and doesnt require me driving into birmingham.

If weather is really bad or for some reason you cant get there then newstreet will have to be it, however i dont really remember how to get into newstreet station so well have to ttry to co-ordinate ourselves :p

But yea man, if you can get to marston green that makes things a lot easier, we can get going a hell of a lot sooner, were closer to where we need to be heading, just makes everything a bamillion times simpler =]

Ooh, also, we need to sort out what to do about going back, cos i was gona leave cals at like 9/10pm sunday night, got work the next day at 3pm so if it helps i can see about you guys staying at mine that night or something and the next day i can drop you off at the station, unless you have other suggestions?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
kyle wana come on monday / tuesday instead of wednesday andy is coming monday and swithe is back for christmas too and its been a while since i saw him so hell like 90% come round too

K.Mac

Smash Lord
kyle wana come on monday / tuesday instead of wednesday andy is coming monday and swithe is back for christmas too and its been a while since i saw him so hell like 90% come round too
I don't even know what day I'm going home :/

Also because of the buses taking forever to get anywhere because of the 'snow' (seriously) ... if Rake could just take five minutes of his time to drive up to my flat and pick me up, that would make things soooooo much easier for me.

I want to bring my quilt and stuff :/

and of course, I'll pay for the measly £1/2 of diesel that's going to waste. Also the rake will get to see the K.Mac Flat. if he could drop me off there when he goes back that would be nice, too. Since there are no buses on sunday and stuff. -.-

And you can't stop me playing Blur.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I don't even know what day I'm going home :/

Also because of the buses taking forever to get anywhere because of the 'snow' (seriously) ... if Rake could just take five minutes of his time to drive up to my flat and pick me up, that would make things soooooo much easier for me.

I want to bring my quilt and stuff :/

and of course, I'll pay for the measly £1/2 of diesel that's going to waste. Also the rake will get to see the K.Mac Flat. if he could drop me off there when he goes back that would be nice, too. Since there are no buses on sunday and stuff. -.-

And you can't stop me playing Blur.
ah kmac, ill be going wed straight from work and ill already be pickig people up. no offence man but i seriously will just wanna get to cals and chill.
Why dont you go home on monday anyway?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
D:

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow and Tuesday as well, so don't blame me if I can't come round because there's no buses down my street.

I was also being nice and offering to pay you to pick me up rake. what's another five/ten minutes? :/

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol kyle i know these streets of scunthorpe well and all buses are running roads are fine now ,

cant use bus johns anymore SON , if u want to come tomorrow my mum can mybe pick you up? andy is arriving tomorrow also , set up blur and play it at myne also if u dont wana come tomoz then i guess rake can change his mind and pick you up wendesday

K.Mac

Smash Lord
and dude, I know the streets as well and for the past two weeks the road outside my flat has been devoid of snow but the buses are still running like 50 minutes (wtf?) late.

And I want to bring a quilt and stuff over ... which I can't take on the bus because WTF how am I going to carry it + clothes + xbox? There's also the issue of getting back on Sunday. -.-'

what time could your mum pick me up? though I dunno what time I'm going home yet :/

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Well kyle as i said, ill have done a 9 hour shift and then ill be picking cloud and the guys up and making a 2 hour drive (possibly more depending on snowfall) and honestly man id rather not do it. I'm gona be well tired.

And dude, can you not go back on monday when andy does?

The Filth

Smash Lord
Any smasher with a car has to deal with people asking for lifts, and if they really, really dont want to give you one, we have deal with them saying "Come on, it's only 5/10 minutes and I'll pay." It unfairly makes US look like the knob

It gets very old very fast, especially when you've just had some 3 hour driving stint, and 3 people are asking for lifts. Driving is tiring **** yo

Oh also, I don't mind people asking, it's when then start syaing **** like "Awww come on, its not that far/long/hard/annoying" when it gets annoying. If I don't want to give you a lift, thats my choice, get your own car so I can pester YOU.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yeah but the thing is, it IS literally five minutes. You can ask calz.

But he's asked his mum to come pick me up so meh.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
stop being a pain in the mac. walk it like a man with the quilt around your neck like a cape.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
he wants to bring his sleeping bag , quilt , controllers , xbox 360 and a 20 something inch hd tv so tbh he cant take all that on a bus or walk , a lift will be provided for him to get to my house not a pain really

rake if you can give kmac a lift back on the sunday would be good , its pretty much on ur way out of scunthorpe

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yeah but the thing is, it IS literally five minutes. You can ask calz.

But he's asked his mum to come pick me up so meh.
Read my post again in detail, then come back to me and give me a 5 point rpesentation about why I would find this statement incredibly annoying.

You will be marked on lucidity, clarity of expression and quality of communication.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
he wants to bring his sleeping bag , quilt , controllers , xbox 360 and a 20 something inch hd tv so tbh he cant take all that on a bus or walk , a lift will be provided for him to get to my house not a pain really

rake if you can give kmac a lift back on the sunday would be good , its pretty much on ur way out of scunthorpe
This.

It's also a bank holiday, apparently. So there are no buses from here to asda.

I got decoyed kind of hard. I could have actually made this fest, only found out yesterday my sister was spending her birthday in Wolverhampton :/....

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ah, one thing that will be annoying is i wont be getting 5 guys and 5 guys stuff in my car so ill have to do 2 trips :/

ah just found out jihad is coming so my car will be full anyway

You know of my.... "tight" spending Calz. A coach at this time even with me looking for those "deals" would be a minimum of like £20 return :/. I'll still look around though and see what I can get <3. My Dad did offer to pay half as well.

Oh and what's the latest we can stay?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
You know of my.... "tight" spending Calz. A coach at this time even with me looking for those "deals" would be a minimum of like £20 return :/. I'll still look around though and see what I can get <3. My Dad did offer to pay half as well.

Oh and what's the latest we can stay?
every1 is staying wednesday till sunday , try get a coach to scunthorpe for tomorrow/thursday

if ur dads paying half thats not much on your half and the kind person i am il throw a £5 ur way

all ul need is food while here

Don't give me that about you being a kind person! You just want a Samus to ****.

You have to wait at least 48 hours after booking a ticket according to National Express for it to be processed, so the earliest I could get there is Thurs.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Don't give me that about you being a kind person! You just want a Samus to ****.

You have to wait at least 48 hours after booking a ticket according to National Express for it to be processed, so the earliest I could get there is Thurs.
megabus
next question?
also, is it just me or is it whenever i DON'T go to a fest we get loads of different people going to it, whenver i go it appears to be the same people there

Calzorz

Smash Lord
new people we have here:

King (new player from hull)
mr jihad (obv know him already)
Siri

Top Bottom