• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~#SCSYN3!#~ | Chicago | Satr August 21st | $200+ POT BONUS and Free Housing

Vro

Smash Lord
SAKURAI CAN'T SAVE YOU NOW!

THIS IS THE MOTHER ****ING MELEE TOURNAMENT YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. 200 DOLLAR + POT BONUS, MIDWEST LOVINGS AND BIG NAMES.

This is the third tournament in the SCSYN series. Zjiin hosted the previous two, amassing 80+ Midwest smashers during the Brawl crisis. Rat and myself are hosting the 3rd Sakurai. Tink, BigD, Kirkq will be assistant TO's.

There is a pot bonus being raised by The Vro Zone II. By August 21st, the pot bonus should be around $200.

I'd like everyone to give me their opinions on payout. I personally think if there are more than 80 attendants that we should payout to at least 5th.

SCSYN3!
Melee only Mother ****ers.

Date and Venue Information
The event date has been decided and Sakurai 3 will be hosted on August 21st.
Doors will open at 11am and registration is to be completed by 12:30pm. Teams should start no later than 1:15pm and end before 5:00pm. Singles registration and pools should be done and in place by 6:00, letting us finish at 12am.

Grace Community Church
10415 Kedvale Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

There will be a $10 venue fee. Bringing a cube, TV, and a disc will get you a $5 rebate. Bringing power strips or extension cords will get you a $1 rebate, each. I am willing to pay players up to $5 for any additional equipment they bring. I will count recording equipment as a $3 rebate, only if it may be used all tourney.

All players that have shown over 40% attendance to the Vro Zone will receive a $5 discount on venue fee.

In addition to the venue fee, bring money for:
$20 per team, doubles
$15 singles

Legal Issues
We will be using the Apex Ruleset.
BRING STUFF
Bring extra money! Not only are you going to need enough for venue and tourney, but you'll want to MM, buy beer or smoke.

Setups! A good a smooth tournament requires setups! The Vro Zone is capable of providing 10-15 setups, but we need all the help we can get! I've never heard of a tournament having too many setups. The venue fee is a little high but we absolutely need setups and powerstrips/surge protectors. I am willing to PAY you up to $5 extra if you bring lots of stuff.

Most importantly bring your friends.

Food
We have confirmed use of the kitchen! Food like hotdogs, chips, sodas, etc. will be offered at a reasonable price. Food at the venue reduces all downtime for food johns and we can make this a great and awesome tournament! There is no tolerance for littering.

HYPE
Guys this is the tournament to be! If you can't make it to Apex come to Chicago to have a fun tournament experience and a great time. There is a big pot bonus and housing provided by the locals. If you've never had a Midwest tournament experience, you don't know what you're missing out on.

Vro

Smash Lord
Please confirm attendance. I'm expecting over 80 MW smashers!

1. Vro
2. Rat
3. Tink
4. BigD
5. Sveet
6. Trail
7. Kels
8. DeezNutz
9. Mundungu
10. Reneblade
11. Kirkq
12. 18spikes
13. Dart
14. Blackpanther
15. Jayford
16. Cyko
17. 18spikes
18. Fluxwolf
19. Cosmo
20. Bigy
21. Velynn
22. GooeyBanana
23. ORLY
24. JuggleGuy
25. Moose
26. Duck
27. Meta
28. byron
29. Lance
30. iamthemicrowave

Rat

Smash Lord
Here are some pictures of the venue:

The Church

-Nice parking lot!

Into the Gym

-It's equipped with doors!

Looking at the Stage

-Those are some comfortable looking chairs!

Looking at the Hoop

-Please do not use the hoop during the tournament.

The Stage:

-There is a projection screen! Oh Boy!

The Kitchen

-There will be food?!!

Please note that I have NOT yet guaranteed use of the kitchen. If we are allowed to use the kitchen: I will be selling food. Probably hot dogs, soda, candy, etc.

Also could I get a couple people to bring some bags (Cornhole)? It wouldn't really be a sakurai can't save you now! without The Bags.

Dart!

Smash Master
Please confirm attendance. I'm expecting over 80 MW smashers!

1. Vro
2. Rat
3. Tink
4. BigD
5. Sveet
6. Trail
7. Kels
8. DeezNutz
9. Mundungu
10. Reneblade
11. Kirkq
12. 18spikes
13. Dart
14. Blackpanther
****! 13 is my favorite number and my birthday :D

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I might just be able to make it up to this. I'll look into it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I will try to be here
I really hope I'm not in Edwardsville when this happens or this trip is going to suck even bigger balls

Vro

Smash Lord
I'd like to discuss payout. We are raising a large pot bonus. Should this go to only 1st and 2nd? And should we do 60/30/10 4th gets money back?

Lovage

Smash Hero
anyone know the closest airport to fly into, too lazy to find out :)

and if its 70+ turnout and 10 dollar entry it should probably be top 5 payout

Vro

Smash Lord
O'Hare and Midway are the only two Chicago airports. Midway is a 5 minute drive.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if I take a train to this the day of, I will arrive at Union Station at 12:20 (if there is no delays). Will this be okay? Could you pre-register or wait for me to get there? I am unsure if I can go anyway other than train. Alternatively, I could come the night before and get housed.
Also I will need a ride from Union Station because I do NOT know the area

Rat

Smash Lord
there is no age restriction.

If you above the age of 0 you can enter.

Screaming3

Smash Rookie
Three of my friends and I are going to come, but is it okay if we arrive after 12:30? One of my friends has a soccer game that day, and we probably won't be able to leave till 12, and it's a two hour drive. All four of us will be competing in singles.

Top Bottom