• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ScrewAttack Declares Project M 5th Best Wii Game In Top 10

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It's a **** list because the Wii has mostly **** games.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Take that, Brawl! :wario:
Yeah! His opinion is fact! Nobody likes Brawl cuz u can't L-cancel or WaveDash. Anyone who likes Brawl is stupid and can't accept PM and is jelly with Peanutbutthurt. GOOD THING THAT NOBODY LIKES BRAWL THEN!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah! His opinion is fact! Nobody likes Brawl cuz u can't L-cancel or WaveDash. Anyone who likes Brawl is stupid and can't accept PM and is jelly with Peanutbutthurt. GOOD THING THAT NOBODY LIKES BRAWL THEN!
HEY!! I genuinely enjoy playing Brawl. But PM is still better anyway ^_^

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Honestly this is a perfect list. I'm not mad about Netflix at all because I used it more than most games as well

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
But, m-muh No More Heroes

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My list: (and since I'm int he PMDT, I will not put PM in it as it is my obvious favourite)

10. Donkey Kong country returns with a classic controller mod
9. Kirby's return to Dreamland with a classic controller mod.
8. Rune Factory Frontier
7. Mario Kart Wii
6. Samurai Warrior 3
5. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
4. Punchout Wii.
3. Xenoblade Chronicles.
2. Gamecube games
1. Netflix

Okay, some of it is a joke, but yeah, all of them allow you to play wuthout motion controls.

Really though, I admit that the Wii was one of the worst systems I've ever owned, yet Xenoblade Chronicles, Punchout and Project M really saved it for me.

I'm honoured to see some love from Screw attack. The fact that they aren't competitive players and still love the game really shows how a game being competitive does not detract from the fun of party smashers.

Also, while I wasn't big on No More heroes, I acknowledge the second game was a quality game that while not my cup of tea, is worth the look. Classic controls options made it so much better for me.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
This is exactly why PM gets on my nerves. Stop pretending it's an actual game. It's a Smash mod. Good or bad I don't care but don't try to pretend that Project M is a Wii Game. Unless you can give me some links where I can actually buy Project M. Well at least this list confirms PM is as much of a game as Netflix is.
It is something people play for entertainement. It is very much a game.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Woah woah woah, chill out! I didn't think such a small comment would get backlash like this. Note the Wario face. It was a joke. It was obviously sarcastic. Sorry to offend if I did.

Btw, I'm not a dude and I actually like Brawl. Not as much as PM, but it's really where I got into competitive Smash from.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Woah woah woah, chill out! I didn't think such a small comment would get backlash like this. Note the Wario face. It was a joke. It was obviously sarcastic. Sorry to offend if I did.

Btw, I'm not a dude and I actually like Brawl. Not as much as PM, but it's really where I got into competitive Smash from.
All oppinions are fine really. I dislike Brawl, but won't get on your case if you like it. I'm just happy to see you enjoy Project M.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
All oppinions are fine really. I dislike Brawl, but won't get on your case if you like it. I'm just happy to see you enjoy Project M.
I just like Smash. Video games are fun.

For those who want to light the fire:
Brawl isn't my favorite but I can't hate it; It's a Smash game in the end.
Yes, I disagree with some of Sakurai's decisions on it's mechanics and design but it's still a fun game.
Just play what you love. #OneUnit

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet

I was being sarcastic too.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
This is exactly why PM gets on my nerves. Stop pretending it's an actual game. It's a Smash mod. Good or bad I don't care but don't try to pretend that Project M is a Wii Game. Unless you can give me some links where I can actually buy Project M. Well at least this list confirms PM is as much of a game as Netflix is.

I see you constantly whining about PM, making such a big stink over utterly meaningless semantics every time. Get over it already.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Great to see they're doing Top 10s again, but Netflick really? There are a lot more Wii games worth mentioning than that. Punch Out, FE10, Tatsunoko, Boy & Blob, Kirby, MM9/10, No More Heroes, Galaxy 2, etc.

Probably should have just had them share the same spot IMO. Screwattack definitely likes to try and throw curve-balls.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Wow, this list is definitely a troll with Netflix, Project M and Super Mario Bros. Wii Titles being in this list. If they wanted to make a more believable and viable top 10, they should not have done it this way...

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Wii Sports
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Project M
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. World Of Goo
8. Netflix
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
10. Dead Space: Extraction

But this way...

1. Resident Evil 4
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
8. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
9: Mario Kart Wii
10. Punch Out!! Wii

You see where I'm going with this? I'm not including a game that I thought was actually very bad (World of Goo), not including a service (Netflix), not including any mods (Project M), not including a game that almost no one knows about because it most likely sold like dog crap (Dead Space: Extraction), not include a VEEEEEERRRRRRY repetitive game (Wii Sports) and did include titles much more deserving.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Wow, this list is definitely a troll with Netflix, Project M and Super Mario Bros. Wii Titles being in this list. If they wanted to make a more believable and viable top 10, they should not have done it this way...

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Wii Sports
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Project M
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. World Of Goo
8. Netflix

But this way...

1. Resident Evil 4
3. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
10. Punch Out!! Wii

You see where I'm going with this? I'm not including a game that I thought was actually very bad (World of Goo), not including a service (Netflix), not including any mods (Project M), not including a game that almost no one knows about because it most likely sold like dog crap (Dead Space: Extraction), not include a VEEEEEERRRRRRY repetitive game (Wii Sports) and did include titles much more deserving.
Whats wrong with NSMBW?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Wii Sports
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Project M
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. World Of Goo
8. Netflix

But this way...

1. Resident Evil 4
3. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
10. Punch Out!! Wii

Outside of Netflix this post just screams "HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT TASTE THAN MEEEEEE"

I agree NSMBW is generic but so many people find that game very fun, which is enough for them. It's not like they put in a shovelware on the list or anything.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Where the **** is MH3?

Congrats to PM team though haha. Someone tweet this to Sakurai

Vigilante

Smash Lord

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Wii Sports
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Project M
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. World Of Goo
8. Netflix

But this way...

1. Resident Evil 4
3. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
10. Punch Out!! Wii

Or maybe they just liked Project M better.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Generic, that is all. It brought spinning to the 2D x 3D Mario games, and even then, it's not innovative; the game got boring before I even reached the final boss.
It brought multiplayer. Play it with 4 people and it's amazing.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Netflix is here and Mario Kart Wii isn't. And to those saying that Project M is not an actual game, Vigilante Vigilante is completely correct. This is a game you play on a Wii, and is therefore a Wii game. That's like saying Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, and Black Mesa aren't games. Ignoring mods is just silly, especially for a game like Brawl which is still selling pretty well even today, almost 7 years after it's release, because of them. And on a side note, what part of opinion do people not understand? Never once was it stated that this list was factual in any way shape or form. If you don't agree with the list we have here then instead of complaining about it in the comments, why not just make your own? That's a whole lot better than whining about a list that wasn't perfectly aligned with your own tastes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol @ Netflix troll placement.

This is exactly why PM gets on my nerves. Stop pretending it's an actual game. It's a Smash mod.
I know critical thinking is super-duper tough, but maybe one day you'll come to your senses and realize that a game you play on the Wii counts as a Wii game.

Or you can keep whining about it. Whatever works for you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's no surprise that Super Mario Galaxy is ranked #1. I mean really, that game is just phenomenal and mind blowing.

And Project M is not even a real game and neither is Neflix. What the ****?

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
It's no surprise that Super Mario Galaxy is ranked #1. I mean really, that game is just phenomenal and mind blowing.

And Project M is not even a real game and neither is Neflix. What the ****?
I believe that a mod cannot be called an actual game unless it takes the original and does something completely new with it, like Counter Strike and Team Fortress. It's like saying STAR_'s re-balance of TF2 is a game.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Where's Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword on that list?

And congrats on P:M! At least it's a real game to me, and I play it as such.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Stop all logical thought at Netflix. I'm not really going to say much with what is wrong here, but lately I'm not really liking Screw Attack for most of their content (especially with their Derp Battles). Why is this even newsworthy? I guess to be funny, but it makes Dane Cook look hilarious.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Screw Attack has repeatedly shown in the past that they're willing to bend the rules however they want when it comes to these lists. There are plenty of lists online for top Wii games out there if this one wasn't "legitimate" enough for you (GT just released theirs in response to Screw Attack). You and I already know what the best Wii games are anyway, the system's been out for 8 years now.

Some of you just take things too seriously.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
inb4 PM isn't even a real Wii game
Its not though. Its a mod of a game. All they did was take tools created by a dedicated team and try to claim it as if its their own creation. Its also not even legal to name it as a stand alone game because it would be plagiarism.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Its not though. Its a mod of a game. All they did was take tools created by a dedicated team and try to claim it as if its their own creation. Its also not even legal to name it as a stand alone game because it would be plagiarism.
It's not nice lie about what others say you know.

And legality of PM's existence aside, there is nothing illegal about calling PM a game. It's too dramatically different to just be taken like a slight edit of Brawl.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The comments section though....you'd expect there to be a civil war going on.

Project M can be defined as a game by your definition of 'game' some view a game as something you can simply play, some view a game as something purchasable in a store, that you can play.

There's no 'wrong' way to look at it, but Project M IS playable, and ScrewAttack played it, and they considered it a game. If your list wouldn't have it, that's fine too.

Everything is fine, and not everyone has to like everything.

Man, I love the Smash community...until I see all this arguing over two games that are SO old. Both are fun, but can appeal to different people. And that's totally fine. And some are just happy with both. Like me. And that's fine too.

But I guess not everything can be sunshine and rainbows.

bleh.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Implying the PM team isn't a bunch of dedicated, talented individuals.

It's not like they started the project saying "**** you, Sakurai! We're gonna fix your ****ty game!" They wanted to make a Smash for the fans by the fans, something Nintendo can *never* do, and have been nothing but respectful towards Nintendo since they started their project.

And they're not trying to claim BRAWL as their own creation, but literally everything they've added, and made the focus of PM *is* their own creation. So I dont see the problem.

It may as well be a totally different game, which is the entire point.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Implying the PM team isn't a bunch of dedicated, talented individuals.

It's not like they started the project saying "**** you, Sakurai! We're gonna fix your shifty game!" They wanted to make a Smash for the fans by the fans, something Nintendo can *never* do, and have been nothing but respectful towards Nintendo since they started their project.

And they're not trying to claim BRAWL as their own creation, but literally everything they've added, and made the focus of PM *is* their own creation. So I dont see the problem.

It may as well be a totally different game, which is the entire point.
Wasn't the point, not to create a totally different game, but rather, just make it more like Melee? In essence, it's still "Smash", just, faster, and with some change/tuff from Melee brought back.

Not saying you're wrong in that they put effort into making a game by the fans, for the fans, just wanted to clarify that.

And again, it's up to the individual to see it as an actual game or not. Some will, some won't. Technically, it's only a mod/hack, but because of what it means to people, because of what it signifies to the community, a lot DO see it as a game.

And I, for one, see it as its own game. But I'd understand it if someone didn't believe it to be an actual game, because of the nature of Project M itself.

Top Bottom