• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
yeah, doc can do the 0-death chaingrabs so we can too. our grab mechanics are almost the same
and I think our D-throw chaingrabs are as difficult as ganon's . it's all prediction

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
just a side-note: when I purely press the Z button, sometimes I light shield and sometimes I grab. Idk whether it's where I press the button or how long I hold it or something. anyone know about this?
to fix this I just JC grab everything

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
if you press z when you are still in lag from another move then you will lightshield. if you arent in any sort of lag then you'll grab.

think about the marth lightshield edgehog where i think the best way to do it is to roll towards the edge and hold z while you're in roll and then youll lightshield on the edge.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
if you press z when you are still in lag from another move then you will lightshield. if you arent in any sort of lag then you'll grab.

think about the marth lightshield edgehog where i think the best way to do it is to roll towards the edge and hold z while you're in roll and then youll lightshield on the edge.
that clears up a lot man, thanks ^_^
and also I would just roll up to the ledge and do the manual light shield, didn't know about that trick haha

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
soul has it right, 75-80 percent is ideal though
DI doesn't affect it much because it has such tight timing, they simply don't have the time to DI away

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That is assuming that D-throw chains at 80% are possible to do on reaction. I consider myself pretty consistent with throw combos, but for the life of me I can't do D-throw chains on spacies.

On an unrelated note, D-throw chains on Sheik, Link, and Pikachu are fun.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Pikachu is soooooooo easy. You basically have like a 0-death D-throw chaingrab on him. Your chaingrab on him works retardedly long, like I forget, until 100 or something? Then end that with Up-smash, or F-smash if he DIs to the side.

He really can't kill you either without a U-air gimp or Thunderflip or just landing a lucky Smash in general.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
the pika I play is really techy. he almost plays pika like fox. so when I try to match his speed, I just natrually can't keep up with him

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, he's kinda annoying if he knows how to play fast and evasive, just he doesn't get nearly as much reward for his stuff as Fox does most of the time. His stuff isn't quite as safe on shield either.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
when i played anther, I Dthrow him everytime i get a chance. I do give it to anther on the Uair combos. i didnt even know that pika could be so dangerous in the right hands. lol i beat him in friendlies and lost to him in doubles.

j3ly

Smash Champion
mario's dthrow isn't the same as docs. mario's has 3/4 the growth of doc's, meaning we can't dthrow CG directly out of uthrow CG.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Someone try out mario bros doubles and lemme know how it goes.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
ca$h are you coming to the tournament this weekend?

and if you want mario tips you should ask RRR ca$h. his mario was going pretty even against my fox the other day. or like, ask him to use mario against you or something, idk

Top Bottom