• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School's Out For Summer! Smash Bash! (JUNE 13th, Register NOW)!!!!

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
hey, could you go ahead and put me in too. one problem though is that i don't have a way to record the matches that's the only thing. a couple questions though, what if the match has a bad connection? can we have a rematch or something? and do we have to stick with the same character?
p.s. - My FC is under the profile.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Not recording matches would be fine with me; this is primarily an "honor/ trust system"-based way of doing things. If you have a bad connection I would suggest not actually coming at all. I would like to expect that a winning opponent wouldn't be cynical and would be able to deal with it, but that's not realistic. I'd probably have to say that if there was at least a stock and around 70+ damage difference at the time of disconnection, whoever was winning would get the win. ( I mean, if it was a stock and 66 damage lead, that would most likely be good enough, but the target is some damage percentage point reasonably close to 70 percent) If you felt momentum was shifting in your favor, I'm sorry, but I can't think of a more reasonable settlement for such a pragmatic issue. If you disagree with me, that is fine; just don't participate in this tourney if I'm allowed to run it, because there is almost no room for negotiation at that point.

If you're winning and are clearly the one who was disconnected, the best thing I would do is have a rematch. If your opponent says no, you both would unfortunately DQ'd if your opponent can manage to form a barely-disputable argument against playing you. Otherwise, I will assume he's just a pansy and he will be DQ'd and you would move on.

Again, this all relies on the assumption that I can trust you guys to place reasonable intuitive fairness over not losing/ winning at any cost.

Also, I would STRONGLY encourage everyone who confirms to be available ON THE DAY OF PLAY to play practice matches before the tournament to test connection speed/ reliability.
Otherwise, you might end up dealing with the divine hand of Suds--which is a terrifying thought.

If it's up to me, you can choose any character you want whenever you want.

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
cool, thanks for the info Suds. and no i wouldn't want to have to deal with you.:laugh: well you can trust me and my connections alrght, so i don't think i'll have huge problems.;)

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
never mind, itll be my second :)

i may not be able to participate. I need exact dates (i know its on the 13 but could it go into the 14?) and times. I might be able to work around the tournament if i knew. Plz update soon

kick473

Smash Rookie
ok i want to to join me and my lil bro and my friend dallas will join ill give u more info later when i get home ok???

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Not recording matches would be fine with me; this is primarily an "honor/ trust system"-based way of doing things. If you have a bad connection I would suggest not actually coming at all. I would like to expect that a winning opponent wouldn't be cynical and would be able to deal with it, but that's not realistic. I'd probably have to say that if there was at least a stock and around 70+ damage difference at the time of disconnection, whoever was winning would get the win. ( I mean, if it was a stock and 66 damage lead, that would most likely be good enough, but the target is some damage percentage point reasonably close to 70 percent) If you felt momentum was shifting in your favor, I'm sorry, but I can't think of a more reasonable settlement for such a pragmatic issue. If you disagree with me, that is fine; just don't participate in this tourney if I'm allowed to run it, because there is almost no room for negotiation at that point.

If you're winning and are clearly the one who was disconnected, the best thing I would do is have a rematch. If your opponent says no, you both would unfortunately DQ'd if your opponent can manage to form a barely-disputable argument against playing you. Otherwise, I will assume he's just a pansy and he will be DQ'd and you would move on.

Again, this all relies on the assumption that I can trust you guys to place reasonable intuitive fairness over not losing/ winning at any cost.

Also, I would STRONGLY encourage everyone who confirms to be available ON THE DAY OF PLAY to play practice matches before the tournament to test connection speed/ reliability.
Otherwise, you might end up dealing with the divine hand of Suds--which is a terrifying thought.

If it's up to me, you can choose any character you want whenever you want.

DQ people if some1 dis connects seems kind of unfair because what if the guy loosing still has 2 stocks left half the fight hasn't even gone by and your just going to decide the win on that?

also if you winning and you want a rematch you can get DQ'd wtf? not trying to be offensive or anything but thats just a stupid idea. if the other guy knows hell loose he could just decline and take him along with him. I mean come on if one guy backs down from a fight they both loose instead of just the guy running away?

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
DQ people if some1 dis connects seems kind of unfair because what if the guy loosing still has 2 stocks left half the fight hasn't even gone by and your just going to decide the win on that?
All "fair" choices aren't necessarily realistic or certainly good for the tournament. If you're losing badly, are the one who gets disconnected, you're going to take the loss in order to save time. Unfair? Technically, yes, but who gives a crap when you could end up playing match after match just to PROVE WITH CERTAINTY the winner. I'm sorry, if I was doing things I wouldn't be here to make sure everyone gets as fair a chance at winning as everyone else; that's up to them and their connection. I will not wait an extra fifteen minutes because some sucky player, who keeps getting *****, keeps getting disconnected. What if he is doing it purposefully? Then disconnecting is just the easy way out and stalls the tournament. I don't know how you don't see how reasonable this is, especially after running connection tests before hand.

It seems unfair, but it seems all other alternatives shouldn't be the case AT ALL.

Besides, if the player who was winning is willing to rematch the same guy, I won't stop him.
But I won't make room for the sucky player if it means ruining the better player's experience in this tournament. In principle, the sucky player SUCKS, isn't really wanted anyways, and is just that much more of a hassle if disconnected from play.

What is a good reason that we should have to put up with them? They can cheat very easily if I don't put my hand down.

also if you winning and you want a rematch you can get DQ'd wtf? not trying to be offensive or anything but thats just a stupid idea. if the other guy knows hell loose he could just decline and take him along with him. I mean come on if one guy backs down from a fight they both loose instead of just the guy running away?
If you were winning ( though not by the target amount), declining a rematch would result in a DQ if you could not give a good explanation why. What's not to understand?

If I said both players in any cases mentioned would be DQ'd, I made a mistake. The player winning could only be DQ'd if he declined a match against an opponent whom he was not beating by the target amount, or was somehow exposed as a cheater. The loser would be DQ'd if he declined a rematch against a player to whom he was not losing by the target amount, or was exposed as a cheater. Losing by the target amount and being disconnected will most likely result in a loss of the game ( not set). There would also be a time limit as to how long you could put off playing.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
soooo many people and 11 days left till tournament, and Z O S O hasn't updated since march 16th, sorry but im pretty sure this is gonna be an epic failure, me and diddykongmasta are dropping out of the tournament

Thanks for trying though :)

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
even though i wasn't added so am i....i have a bad feeling about the way this is going to turn out

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I think someone should take over like sudsy.
I bet he could hold a great tourney

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Guys, there is no way is heck this tourney will "fail" by any reasonable standards. I can promise you this tourney will at least experience a first round--at which point that would most likely indicate we'll have enough commitment for a full one.

I promise it will not fail. Be as great under Zoso or that other guy? Possibly not. But just stick with me because i'm going to exhort my arrogance and just take over directing right now. However, Dark Link, Pit Masta, and Diddykongmasta will be removed and will be at the back of the line if wanting to join again. (I'm limiting this to 128 in order to have as few byes as possible, considering I don't know enough about people's play here to produce skill-based seeds and give them byes)

The dates I will be able to run tourneys comfortably are: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I work until about 7:20 PM (Eastern) or so on the other days and don't get home until around 8 PM--and 8:15-8:30 seems kind of late to start, assuming we have 128, give or take a few no-shows. I can really go as late as 2 AM eastern, but I'd prefer playing it more safely.

As of now there is no official date; however I can promise it will be somewhere in between the 10th and the 19th. I will on random days ask for confirmations that you WILL be there ( "I think so" doesn't cut it, so use "most likely" or "probably so" instead).

If you can't make this one, don't be too disappointed; I'll be hosting more if I can manage these as well as I imagine I can.

Tourneys will start: if before most schools are finished, between 6-8:15; if after most schools are out, possibly as early as 11. All times are Eastern.

I'll come out with the "official" rules when I can, though they'll pretty much be standard.

So, as of now, who can I add to the list as "Ready to play"? I will post the list of participants whenever I can, so please keep checking this thread to see what's been updated.

(PS: those who were registered by Zoso might not have priority over those on my earlier list since it will likely mean a lot of stupid changes because people forgot about this tourney for a month+. However, if you were a Zoso-registered participant and confirm yourself within the next few days I will try my best to get you in the higher seeds.)

The final confirm date is the day ( specifically the night) before the actual tournament, so I can have time to make the official brackets and whatever garbage comes along.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
So far the list is as so:

BO X7
Sudsy86_(Smooth9621x)
Gamekidadv
socandrewcer ( socandrewcer)
Acid Wolf
cheap josh
Dark Link12
Meta Marth
The Altrox
aznpercussionboy
marththeswordsman002
Southpaw Hare
storm92

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
okay i'll try it out... you can add me back in. Thanks a lot.

Dark_Link12
Brawl Name- LinkM.
FC- To left
Aim- pokemongirl414

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
i'm still in. my fc's to the left and my AIM is The InnerAura92. thanks for resurrecting the tourney.:) just let me know what day.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
eh, i still don't feel like joining, but taking over was a good idea, im gonna hold my own tournament in the begging of July =),

Top Bottom