• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Scariest Moment In Zelda History?

Grodion

Smash Cadet
TP at the end when you kill Gannon and it shows Zant with the cracked neck thingy

jrkirby

Smash Rookie
In windwaker at the beginning when Aryll gets snatched by the giant bird.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Majora's mask had it's definitely creepy moments, and I haven't played enough twilight princess to see anything creepy... I am going to go with 2 things. 1) Seeing the moon get closer and closer and not having the ocarina. 2) When Ganon throws up in oot (It wasnt "scary", more like a surprise and made me wonder for a second why that was in there...)

etecoon

Smash Hero
MM as a whole, no particular moment in it, just the whole game has something warped and insidious about it that crept into my subconscious, I've had a few really trippy dreams about it and I can't say that about any other video game

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The colour of Ganons puke is different in the *** version too!

I'd say scariest moment was being down in the well for the 1st time in OoT.

That place is messed up.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The first time I saw Redeads in Wind Waker. *****es scream gave me goosebumps.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Yeah, Redeads are pretty much the expected answer for anything scary dealing with Zelda imo. Those and the Stalchildren from OoT gave me literal nightmares as a child. I would never step off the dirt path when it was night, and the Sun's Song was the best thing ever once I got it. Also gonna agree with MM in general being rather creepy.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Majora's mask had it's definitely creepy moments, and I haven't played enough twilight princess to see anything creepy... I am going to go with 2 things. 1) Seeing the moon get closer and closer and not having the ocarina. 2) When Ganon throws up in oot (It wasnt "scary", more like a surprise and made me wonder for a second why that was in there...)
Umm, I don't ever remember Ganon throwing up puke in OOT...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone pretty much covered all of the bases except the cutscene in TP. If I was kid I would have felt at least a little frightened by this.

Tacket

The Innovator
I got scared when Skullkid stole Epona at the beginning of MM and then said later that he 'got rid of her'.

So glad to find out it wasn't true. Epona was just my freaking sidekick all throughout OoT, and I was scared, pissed, and sad when he said that.

HAcoreRD

Morin0

Smash Lord
Now that I think of it, what has scared me the most in LoZ was that bird in MM in Termina field that steals stuff from you. One time he stole something very important (can't remember what it was; maybe it was a bottle? sword?) and I was very frustrated and scared because I didn't know if I was going to ever get it again.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Those damn Wall and Floor Master, I kept spamming Din's Fire cause I don't know how to react to them.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Now that I think of it, what has scared me the most in LoZ was that bird in MM in Termina field that steals stuff from you. One time he stole something very important (can't remember what it was; maybe it was a bottle? sword?) and I was very frustrated and scared because I didn't know if I was going to ever get it again.
The bird... that thing scares me as well. Especially when he steals my great fairy sword lol. I had the same frustration as you when I first had my sword stolen.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Nothing about any of the Legend of Zelda games have really scared me before. The only thing to ever come close by "startling" me was Yeta turning into Blizzeta.
Nothing in the series really scares me that much anymore. But some things do creep me out though.

Most of the stuff that I found scary was when I was little.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The thing is that "scary" things rarely scare me, it is the things that are very creepy that frighten me for some reason. And Zelda is full of creepy ****.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I agree, especially when the Mask Salesman is the one that laughs at the end and speaks to you if you let the moon crash into Clocktown. Dang that is some weird creepy twist to it that they just put in for the hell of it. I wish Nintendo would be willing to flesh out the Zelda games a bit more. The little things they do with each game shows that they could do it well, it is like they are trolling their fans.

Oh, and I forgot about the part when Ganondorf is dying in TP, they show Zant from someplace (afterlife?), and he cracks his neck to the side and Ganondorf croaks. Would be creepier if it wasn't so cool.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I agree, especially when the Mask Salesman is the one that laughs at the end and speaks to you if you let the moon crash into Clocktown. Dang that is some weird creepy twist to it that they just put in for the hell of it. I wish Nintendo would be willing to flesh out the Zelda games a bit more. The little things they do with each game shows that they could do it well, it is like they are trolling their fans.

Oh, and I forgot about the part when Ganondorf is dying in TP, they show Zant from someplace (afterlife?), and he cracks his neck to the side and Ganondorf croaks. Would be creepier if it wasn't so cool.
I would be very interested in another scary type atmosphere Zelda game like MM.

D

Deleted member

as a 8 yr old wallmasters ( the hand things) and shadow temple in oot

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm surprised nobody mentioned walking into the skulltula house for the first time in OoT... Definitely startled me... Those guys did NOT look pleasant.

And nobody mentioned that freak of nature in the music box house in Ikana Canyon on MM? I nearly **** myself when I first saw that. AND fighting Sharp for the first time in that cave and not knowing wtf to do while my health just drained from the poison water...

**** it, ALL of Ikana Canyon was creepy.

R0B0T

Smash Rookie
Sometimes, the music in the games is enougn to make you unsettled. One example would be the Forest temple in OoT, imo.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Sometimes, the music in the games is enougn to make you unsettled. One example would be the Forest temple in OoT, imo.
Really? I always loved the Forest Temple especially due to the music, it's one of the most relaxing out of all temples in my opinion. The music from Dodongo's Cavern/Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple were probably the most unsettling for me. Which is a good thing though since they really fit the temples/areas well.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i don't think either of us said/implied that it did lol

also, shadow temple was violent as hell haha, i didn't get scared by it but when i played it for the first time, i definitely thought of it as morbid. torture chambers? spikes? booby traps? ghost ship? gigantic drum demon? easily the most rated r dungeon out of every game imo.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
what was the point of saying "zelda is easy" in a thread where difficulty is not the topic? by posting it in here you are implying that it has something to do with scary moments in Zelda. so uh, yeah you both did imply it.

Top Bottom