• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-SCAN COMPLETE- The Scan Visor Secret Taunt Thread

UltimateWario

Smash Master
First it was Fox and Falco.

Then it was Snake, Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Now it should be Samus.

The best part is, this works on any stage. One of Samus's taunts should be replaced with her poking at the side of her helmet, like she does to communicate or change visors. Mashing this taunt would cause her visor to light up, and the scanning reticule from Prime 3 would appear over one of her opponents, bringing up a scan interface on the bottom screen. It would be read by the "Scan Complete" chick from the Prime Series.

For example:

-SCAN COMPLETE-
Hostile Bioform Identified as "Super" Mario.
Subject hails from the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario is capable of jumping several meters into the air and advanced acrobatics techniques. Subject seems to be "a natural", so to speak, and has no prior training in the subject.

-SCAN COMPLETE-
Hostile Bioform Identified as Samus Ar-KKKKKRT !!ERROR!!
Subject seems to be an identical copy of Samus Aran, complete with Chozo Varia Suit and all upgrades. Copy's origins unknown. No Phazon presence detected. Proceed with extreme caution.

-SCAN COMPLETE-
Hostile Bioform Identified as Space Pirate Commander Ridley.
Subject Ridley seems to have recovered to his original bodily status through unknown means. Massive talons and jaws are to be avoided at all costs, as well as Plasma Breath and spear-like tail. He seems to be rather large compared to the other fighters.

-SCAN COMPLETE-
Hostile Mechanical Form Identified as Megaman.
Subject was built an indeterminate amount of time ago, but shows little wear or tear. Megaman has the innate ability to copy the abilities of the robots that he defeats, and he uses their abilities with relative ease. Approach with caution.

This kind of thing always makes me smile when I find it, and being such a huge fan of Prime and its lore, I'd absolutely die if we got this. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
I really like the idea. It would be a good representation of the Prime Series with the scanning etc and considering the Prime version of Samus isn't in SSB4, to me, this would be the closest thing you can get (unless Dark Samus is announced as a character). I approve of this idea.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Really, hearing as many different side characters comment on characters outside of their franchise as possible would be amazing.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm just here to say I totally support this! though I don't think it should say, "Hostile bioform", more like "competive foe" Smash is confirmed in the Subspace Emissary to be a spectator event, undoubtedly also meaning it's a tournament. plus no one ever dies so yeah.

and maybe if you scanned your ally during a Team Battle you'd get "Temporary Ally" instead! I think there's a lot that could happen if this became a reality.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Nice :)

I was a scan/lore galore with the Prime series.

{edit} please excuse the language.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Well, if they are attacking you they are hostile, technically speaking.

Personally, I love this idea, though it probably would be limited to just metroid stages like with Snake.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hostile...? Bioform identified as Professor Hershel Layton.
Subject seems to have advanced neural response and reasoning capabilities, he's also extremely calm and collected, approach...smoothly?

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Ehhhhhh...this is creative and all, but I don't think this idea is really necessary or fitting for this kind of game. You might as well look at trophy descriptions if you want that kind of information regarding the characters. I'm much more favorable towards the idea of Pit conversing with gods/goddesses/beings about the current opponent(s) in battle. Maybe I'm just a party pooper.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ehhhhhh...this is creative and all, but I don't think this idea is really necessary or fitting for this kind of game. You might as well look at trophy descriptions if you want that kind of information regarding the characters. I'm much more favorable towards the idea of Pit conversing with gods/goddesses/beings about the current opponent(s) in battle. Maybe I'm just a party pooper.
Nah, I want both...
I GET CODECS, HE GETS CODECS, SHE GETS CODECS, EVERYONE GETS CODECS!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If there were "Wild Card Moves"/"Mini Smashes" in SSB4, the Scan Visor would be awesome as a tacitcal move.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
If they do make this, I want there to be some hilarious ones. Maybe something with Little Mac or I dont know. Cant come up with something right now.

Top Bottom