• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC -- SC, Where You Been!? -- Date: 3/13/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
He can't it's in my name....lawl and I never got it turned on

NO one was there to even do it yesterday
Either way, that's just stupid.

Some of us wait all week to play at these tournaments, and you cancel it ~6 hours before?

I know you have problems, 'cuz we all do, but that's really ****ed up.

However, since emo-outbursts like this have once again become extremely characteristic of you, I shouldn't be surprised.

I think it's time we start looking for another venue, or turn to Adam for reserving the theater (that's up to him).

I feel like going back to Gamer's Edge and working some kind of weekly thing out.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lets talk about my weekend so far guys, Instead of going out with my friends on new years eve, Having a good time. Maybe eating a little sushi. I Gathered my funds and put sixty bucks in my gas tank. I Drove to lancaster. Stopped in At AZ's house Stayed up until six AM to get my mind right for B+. Wake up at 11. cook some eggs for me and Alex. Hit the road. Drive 45 minutes to rock hill. stop at a gas station buy a coke and some vivaran to keep me up and alert during tourney play. Arrive at venue. wait fifteen minutes with TV in lap. No one comes to door. Call devin three times. Check smashboards on my phone which is 80 cent a minute. find out it was cancelled. Drive back to lancaster. (45 minutes) take Alex home go to wing king. Wings over cooked. (of course) leave three dollar tip anyway, not the waitresses fault. Pay for food leave, get home And realize ive wasted two days of my life on a tournament that never happened.

TLDR: QQ cancellation.

from thursday night until right now i had no access to a computer. And It cost me 70 bucks.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bo is a cool dude...but he doesn't like me for some reason :(

i bought him lunch, and suicide for him in tourney...but...he doesn't care :(

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Naw, the real reason this was cancelled was some wild ****....

I was pretty upset I had to stop it...thats why I typed that [I was being silly] -- Car issues, plus apparently no one was in the office all day to turn my key on.....

But the Car issue was the real reason....we were in danger of combustion and a possible loss of a ANOTHER vehicle

These are by no means over, just give me a day or two to figure out our car situation and I'll have a date up in no time

Lareit

Smash Ace
Naw, the real reason this was cancelled was some wild ****....

I was pretty upset I had to stop it...thats why I typed that [I was being silly] -- Car issues, plus apparently no one was in the office all day to turn my key on.....

But the Car issue was the real reason....we were in danger of combustion and a possible loss of a ANOTHER vehicle

These are by no means over, just give me a day or two to figure out our car situation and I'll have a date up in no time
Car issues? You live here, what the hell do you need a car for.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Car issues? You live here, what the hell do you need a car for.
You know, I can relate to this, because I've had tons and tons of car trouble—**** can be depressing.

However, you had Snapp spending money to show up to this.

You had Billy's dad driving him from Fort Mill for this.

You had everyone else looking forward to something that was cancelled six hours before go-time.

You're too flaky—you do something like this every week, then make us beg for you to not cancel something that's been planned for a ~week, and most times more.

If you don't want to host them, don't host them—Adam's a tenant there, too.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Dude, Bo and Snapp just made me do the ****ing Bowser challenge.

Bowser & DK vs. you, no team attack, team grabs allowed, B+

They are so proud of themselves.

They're in the next room whispering—creating rules to make the **** even more difficult.

******s.

I ****ing raged.

Lareit

Smash Ace
it's not a bowser challenge if it's bowser+dk
It has to be just bowser
and I did it np.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
it's not a bowser challenge if it's bowser+dk
It has to be just bowser
and I did it np.
We changed it up, its not the bowser challenge its the Train wreck challenge.
Bowser + DK.

Adam we are coming for you.

We just beat Devin 21 times without getting beat, and now we want you and who ever else is at the next tournament.

21 - 0

/Flame to Donkey punch = stock

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
You know, I can relate to this, because I've had tons and tons of car trouble—**** can be depressing.

However, you had Snapp spending money to show up to this.

You had Billy's dad driving him from Fort Mill for this.

You had everyone else looking forward to something that was cancelled six hours before go-time.

You're too flaky—you do something like this every week, then make us beg for you to not cancel something that's been planned for a ~week, and most times more.

If you don't want to host them, don't host them—Adam's a tenant there, too.
It's not that I don't want to do them....besides things have not been going smoothly lately....no ones fault just unexpected kinda like the car wreck I failed to alert you all about....I didn't know that happened either until the last minuet.....some hit and run ****, ****ed up really....

So the next I do is gonna happen (I enjoy doing these BTW), somethings happened I couldn't control -- when our car ****ed up...I wasn't at home....I was another family members house...

I wasn't flaky...just NOT even HOME lawl....also....some one tell me whats going on this weekend -- Saturday or Sunday?

My bad for having a injured family member and a ****ed up car >_>

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Next time something like that happens, tell that to people instead of just saying IDGAF.

If you want people to be sympathetic, you've got to give them a reason first.

Lareit

Smash Ace
It's not that I don't want to do them....besides things have not been going smoothly lately....no ones fault just unexpected kinda like the car wreck I failed to alert you all about....I didn't know that happened either until the last minuet.....some hit and run ****, ****ed up really....

So the next I do is gonna happen (I enjoy doing these BTW), somethings happened I couldn't control -- when our car ****ed up...I wasn't at home....I was another family members house...

I wasn't flaky...just NOT even HOME lawl....also....some one tell me whats going on this weekend -- Saturday or Sunday?

My bad for having a injured family member and a ****ed up car >_>
Because of how you acted, this all smells like a convient lie to redirect all the hostility.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
People should get off DJ diglett's nuts for making a mistake.

Respect him for the sheer fact that he found a decent, cheap venue for hosting bi-weeklies that's accessible and comfortable. It's lamentable that Snap had to waste money / gas / time or whatever, but seriously. If people jumped on me this much and threatened to forgo my tourneys over a few mistakes, I would have told them to **** off.

Besides, it's Brawl. Get over it. Like seriously. Sorry you missed your check for the week, Devin, christ.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You're one to talk about respect.

Adam can get the key just as easily as DJ can—there's no reason for us the beg him to host ****.

Besides, it's Brawl, go back to NC.

Lareit

Smash Ace
People should get off DJ diglett's nuts for making a mistake.

Respect him for the sheer fact that he found a decent, cheap venue for hosting bi-weeklies that's accessible and comfortable. It's lamentable that Snap had to waste money / gas / time or whatever, but seriously. If people jumped on me this much and threatened to forgo my tourneys over a few mistakes, I would have told them to **** off.

Besides, it's Brawl. Get over it. Like seriously. Sorry you missed your check for the week, Devin, christ.
This doesn't constitute as a simple mistake.

If DJ had simply said, "Sorry guys, I can't do the tournament today. Was celebrating new years at a relative, then a car accident on the way back put everything in a jam. Sorry for the trouble." Then we'd been all

"It's cool dude, is everyone alright?"

But he didn't. He posted this

AND YES IT'S CANCELLED....BECAUSE I JUST DON'T GIVE A ****

Don't Bother showing up, I sure as hell won't....

When am I going to do the next one?!?!?!? when I **** well feel like it L.A.W.L

And followed that up with this

He can't it's in my name....lawl and I never got it turned on

NO one was there to even do it yesterday

Which mocked the situation further and implied the reason he wasn't doing it was because he couldn't get the key from the people.

Later the key turned into car troubles.

Car troubles then turned into (not at home, car wreck, injuried family member)

If he wasn't at home, it seems likely he didn't have opportunities to get the key for the venue, making the first reason seem implausible, if the first excuse is implausible who are we to then take the next ones as truth.

I am not saying that didn't happen. But how he handled it, I don't care either way at this point.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he didn't make a mistake; I'm saying don't villify the dude for making one. Everyone's hopping on the "**** Omega zero" bandwagon, when excepting his earlier comments, he seems penitent for this happening.

Plus, it's just as devin said, you could host these just as easily. I don't blame you for NOT doing it, because running a tournament sucks. Just the same, He runs them decently, consistently, and courteously. There's absolutely no reason to react with as much vitriol as everyone did, when he is providing a service for the community. hell, I don't even think he enters the tourneys, does he?

You're one to talk about respect.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom