• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Bi-Weeklies -- Test Your Might! -- Date: 08/28/09 Next: POSTPONED

0megaZer0

Smash Lord

Note: I'll be starting school soon but I promise to ALL WAYS make time for these, as long as we can agree on a date then it's on!

[and if School's not stressing me out! Imma be an Electrician!!!]

You guys know the deal set-ups are needed and such, I all ready have a projector so if I can get at least 3 complete set-ups then that's fine -- also if I get and extra or two they can be for friendlies/Brawl+ [that means bring Brawl+ if you can :chuckle:]

If someone owns an iPod with an aduio set up [yellow and white plugs] with partay music please feel free to bring it if you will!

Sooner or later you all will decide if Brawl+ should be added, for now fun only!
[MM's YEAHZ!!!]

Dont worry -- This is real this time

159 Longsight Lane -- Behind the Manchester "Theater" >_>
Rock Hill, SC 29730

[The first building you see when you turn into the complex {Once you get out your car and walk under the awning look to your left, you should see a door and a sign that says "Internet Cafe/Movie Theater"} Or you could just go in the front door and ask where the movie theater is...your preference -- Decent parking room, try to car pool...somewhat]

Schedule: [The brackets are for Friday the 28th only] -- Saturdays remain the same

Registration starts at 5:00PM 11:00 A.M. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Melee Doubles — 12:00 P.M. [6:00 PM]
Melee Singles — 2:00 P.M. [8:00 PM]

Food time after Melee doubles: I'm not feeding you but I live near plenty of food establishments!

Lets try to agree on a place to eat so we can carpool there

Brawl doubles — 4:00 P.M. [10:00 PM]
Brawl singles — 6:00 P.M. [12:00 PM]

Fees:

NO door fee. (for now...)

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Payouts may vary depending on tournament size!

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~Brawl~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off. no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral—

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks—

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned—

ALL OTHER STAGES

Rules:

~Melee~

Double elimination.
4 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off.

Stage Selection:

Neutral—

Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List—

Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Mute City (Singles only)
Poke Floats
Corneria
Brinstar

Banned—

ALL OTHER STAGES!

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.
- Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match.
- The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned.
- Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned.
- Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.

^You guys should know this all ready^

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-389-9211 or you can call the actual complex for directions because sometimes I suck lulz -- 803-329-7599 [or Mapquest!]

Lemme Know ASAP if you can/can't go so I can either re-reserve ahead of time or keep the date I have. This venue can get away from me quick...Sundays are all ways available and Fridays too -- Saturdays are the hard ones to get!

Attendance:
JMan
Snapp
zCasanova....>_> (hopefully lolz)
ptown + Chairs
Kack (maybe)
Thunder (maybe) + 1
Crio (maybe)
TagerZer0 +2 or 3
Kidd (maybe)

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I most definitely will -- Just waiting on the others to start posting some dates... >_>

So did you quit Brawl ptown?

I haven't yet but I'm not as interested as I was before -- I'm more into Brawl+

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Brawl is a bad game because there's no Falcons in the sky.

EDIT: Petermaster, you should play Brawl+. It has Charizord.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Wow, work on your game man...not one version of any game messes with another version of the same game -- it's a video game you/I have been playing forever -- it should be burned into your/my mind! lol

ptown

Smash Ace
switchin back and forth messes.

if you play melee then brawl you feel like every thing is slo-moooossssshuuuuunnnnn.

if you play brawl then melee everythingisfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!vrrrrrroooooooooommmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'll be there, you need to message me and let me know what all I need to bring to make this work.

Chairs, TVs, laptop, what else?

Tables?

Edit:

Can we get an attendance list in the OP?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
****...why the hell is this state so effing RURAL!

I'm an NY Baby DAMMIT!

Well, people did just spend money on Herb and Genesis so they might need time...

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Oh no, Devin's losing hope :<

But uhh... I dunno about anyone else, but like I said, I'm good for this. Just throw down a date and I'll do my best to be there (and I probably will be, no more work :O )

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
3 hour drive -_-

I very much cannot do this for a couple of reasons. Will still be on my strict schedueled diet. and I need the gas money for

1. driving to Savannah to play those guys (closest guys I have to play)
2. Tipped Off 5
3. Sonata Arctica show October 17th in Kentucky.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Patience.

To be honest, I bet people are seeing your topic and browsing right past it.

Truth be told, I bet some people aren't planning to attend this because they don't know whether it's going to happen or not. You've always been eager to help SC Smash get on its feet, but sometimes it comes off as a little too eager. You've been promising us tournaments for at least half a year now (and that's only for as long as I've been around), and so far, nothing has materialized. I don't want to say you've been written off, but... you might have been, just a little.
This whole thing, even though I see a little bit of a different approach, still feels the same. There's an address this time, but nothing else that really tells me this is going to happen, or whether it'll happen if it does. There's a ruleset, but it appears to be Ctrl+C'ed from Devin's tournament listings. No date. Even though I understand you're leaving it open so we can make it work for the most people, you kinda need a date. A date can be subject to change, but without a date, it begins to feel more and more like the promises of mall tournaments and the sweet venue you had set up for us, neither of which any of us heard about again.

You don't have to be so zealous all the time. I understand you really want SC smash to grow and thrive. I do too, however, I know that at the current time, I don't have the means to provide SC with what it needs. There's nothing stopping me from posting my address and saying we'll have a sweet house tourney. Nothing but me knowing that it wouldn't work as well as it needs to.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off kinda harsh or blunt or anything, but it feels like everyone's sliding around this issue on two wheels (myself included). I just don't want you to mistake an effect for a cause any longer.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
After reading that...

Your absolutely right and I'll gladly wait as long as it takes -- I'm putting my neck out there this time becasue I know what I have around me to make this work -- I just hope everyone else doesn't mind attempting to help

We work together...and I'm finally seeing starting to that...

I can guarantee if people come, like any other tourney it will work -- I finally got the space and the time to make it work -- As long as they understand, I mean well

[Not to be a smart ***...but...do you really expect the rules to be different?]

How do I tell people this is going to happen? -- I put it out there...I would not have if I wasn't serious -- when I was "promising" [which I don't remember that lol] I never posted a thread due to me not having a venue yet -- So obviously [IMO] if this is posted, it's clear for take off -- That's all

All I can do is hope the players at least give me one shot...thats all I need

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
I can guarantee if people come, like any other tourney it will work
This, this, this, a thousand times this. It's for that reason that I've said I'll make it to this unless something absurd happens.

[Not to be a smart ***...but...do you really expect the rules to be different?]
Haha, nah, not really. They're good rules, and the ones that everyone's going to be expecting. I was more commenting on the fomatting looking exactly like Devin's, not the rules themselves. But, even that's not important in itself- it's more the... bah, I'm talking in circles, forget I said anything ^__^;;

All I can do is hope the others at least give me one shot...thats all I need
I hope so, too. I'm all for giving as many opportunities as I can afford, because never having a chance is the worst feeling ever.

Also, on an unrelated note, me coming normally means two or three coming with me. I can't guarantee it'll happen, but hey, my friends go to Winthrop in Rock Hill, so I bet they'll join me :O

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
But, even that's not important in itself- it's more the... bah, I'm talking in circles, forget I said anything ^__^;;

I hope so, too. I'm all for giving as many opportunities as I can afford, because never having a chance is the worst feeling ever. :chuckle:

Also, on an unrelated note, me coming normally means two or three coming with me. I can't guarantee it'll happen, but hey, my friends go to Winthrop in Rock Hill, so I bet they'll join me :O
1 -- Makes you sound like an old man lulz

2 -- Agreed ^_^

3 -- Nice and I all most went to Winthrop but alas money issues...so Tech it was :chuckle: +20 pointz for government moneyz! It's like monoply cuz you never actually see the money until the semester is over

EDIT: OP Update -- iPod Audio -- Lulz Thunder has "69" posts!

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Nah Kack I'm just putting it out there, thanks for the post though really, and whenever you can make it just let me know -- I can do these whenever thanks to my new neighborhood

unless I move again [VERY unlikely] or something absurd happens, this is just about indefinite

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Nah Kack I'm just putting it out there, thanks for the post though really, and whenever you can make it just let me know -- I can do these whenever thanks to my new neighborhood

unless I move again [VERY unlikely] or something absurd happens, this is just about indefinite
Hey Omega!

Not sure about now but in the future you can expect me to attend tournaments in SC around you.

Top Bottom