• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBR Recommended Rule List Discussion: Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Let's remove sand bunkers, water hazards, and out of bounds from golf. Oh wait, that would be ********, just like you.
http://www.coedhumor.com/images/posters/600/******-1.jpg

He actually has a point unlike you. Prove your points instead of acting like the image macro please.

If that were true, then everyone would main ICs, and they'd be considered the best character. But they're not. Yes infinites suck, but they're an inherent part of the game, and there are strategies that beat them. At this point in time, it is not clear that the "infinites" you've pointed out are game-breaking. They change the meta-game, maybe by a lot, but the SBR currently believes they are not insurmountable.
Infinites are bad because once you hit it, your opponent is basically screwed. They aren't game breaking, but they are bad, and unlike MVC2, are way easy to pull off on certain stages/characters than others.

We need to keep in mind that the Recommended Rule List is just the current understanding of the high-level Brawl tournament scene. This is subject to change. But we need a standard for now, and if we all follow this rule list then there's hope to revise it as the game develops. So when tournaments happen where every stock is lost by an infinite into a hazard, or when two pro DeDeDes have to stand side-by-side waiting for the other to approach and fall into a grab... then we'll know we have a problem, and we (the community) can fix it. And when you see that type of thing happen in serious matches, please record the matches so you can submit them as evidence of the problem. Then we can all look and see if the player who was getting screwed by the rules was doing anything wrong, and if they could have easily avoided the "cheapness" if they had more skill.
Except that this makes the SBR look like fools. Previously banned stages like Skyworld do NOT belong in competitive play period. It makes a majority of the cast unplayable. Plus, SBR players are EXTREMELY biased towards Melee. This list only proves that fact without a doubt. If you, or anyone can prove me wrong, go ahead. I'd like to see that. =]

Then why aren't you smacking his fat carcass with Pikmin or PKThunder? If he's really just sitting there, then tossing in a PKFlash shouldn't be a problem, right?
What I meant is that he will go to YOUR side and FORCE you over to his.

Infinites suck, and camping is a viable strategy. But DeDeDe's camping game will lose to many opponents, so that strategy is often a losing one for the DeDeDe.
Camping does not prove skill at all. This is a fact. Sure its viable, but all it will do is make you look like a player who simply sits there like a tree at times.

Do you actually think that "awful Diddy" would fare well against the pro's? Why do you say he's awful, when his punishable strategy worked against an opponent who hasn't learned how to counter it?
His opponent did. All the bad Diddy did was spam F-smash half the time. F-Smash spamming accounted for most of the kills, not to mention the occasional bouts of Lava.

Rainbow Cruise has always been a terrible stage for Ice Climbers; in Melee and in Brawl. Darn right, you're fighting the stage.... just try and tell Nana not to jump off the level :urg: But that's exactly why it's a counterpick. This is a natural disadvantage of using the Ice Climbers, so you have to either learn to overcome their weaknesses, or have a secondary ready for counterpick stages. That's... the whole point.
Except that certain CP's are broken beyond belief on this list. Skyworld is the best example. Its good for FFA's, but it DOES NOT BELONG ON A COMPETITIVE LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. Skyworld literally rewards bad players for simply breaking the floor and getting a stage spike kill. In b4 "keep the fighting towards the top" because that won't happen and someone with a brain in their heads wouldn't even have this stage legal.

But there's a categorical difference between stages like Rainbow Cruise and PS2, which are annoying for all and miserable for some, vs. stages like Rumble Falls where minimal fighting will actually take place.
PS2 isn't neutral worthy because you should be FIGHTING, not trying to avoid every obstacle thrown at you. The stage is wayyy too dynamic for its own good. It HAS to be a CP only.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ok, what the hell is going on here? (...)
SamuraiPanda, I'm sorry if my post sounded antagonizing of the SBR; I worded that section poorly. I had meant my post to be in agreement with the SBR, that it's good to keep stages unbanned until there's really strong evidence that it's game-breaking, and not just bizarre. I'm sympathetic to the surprise people get when they see the list; it doesn't line up with their expectations, but that doesn't mean the SBR is doing anything wrong. It's just something we need to expect out of these communities, that people are generally afraid of levels they don't yet understand (or that they think are too random for fair competition :urg:). We just need to do what we can to encourage people to learn why the levels should be permitted until there is enough evidence for a full ban. It's the perception that the SBR Rule List is infalliable and permanent that's the problem, since people feel like we'll be stuck with Skyworld forever even if the meta-game develops in a really nasty anti-competitive fashion around it (in which case I assume the SBR might gather evidence for a possible perma-ban?).

Except that this makes the SBR look like fools. Previously banned stages like Skyworld do NOT belong in competitive play period. It makes a majority of the cast unplayable. Plus, SBR players are EXTREMELY biased towards Melee. This list only proves that fact without a doubt. If you, or anyone can prove me wrong, go ahead. I'd like to see that. =]
You are the one who looks like a fool. Your opinion about what belongs in competitive play doesn't matter unless you're able to provide some evidence to your case, aside from just slinging insults and mud. Show us some videos, maybe, where Skyworld really causes a problem in high-level combat. Helping to set up some kinds of KOs might not be enough to do it, since the meta-game can evolve around avoiding those types of KOs. Also, "bias towards Melee" has nothing to do with anything, and the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

Camping does not prove skill at all. This is a fact. Sure its viable, but all it will do is make you look like a player who simply sits there like a tree at times.
Haha, no. Camping will demonstrate if your opponent has enough skill to overcome camping. "Looking like a tree" is not the reason why excellent players don't just camp for an entire match; it's because it's not always as effective a strategy as you seem to give it credit for.

His opponent did. All the bad Diddy did was spam F-smash half the time. F-Smash spamming accounted for most of the kills, not to mention the occasional bouts of Lava.
It still sounds like "bad Diddy" did a good job. I don't see the problem. It's not like there's no way to avoid and/or punish Diddy's Fsmash :urg:

PS2 isn't neutral worthy because you should be FIGHTING, not trying to avoid every obstacle thrown at you. The stage is wayyy too dynamic for its own good. It HAS to be a CP only.
Funny, that's exactly where the SBR put it. Did I miss something?

Tony_

Smash Ace
You are the one who looks like a fool. Your opinion about what belongs in competitive play doesn't matter unless you're able to provide some evidence to your case, aside from just slinging insults and mud. Show us some videos, maybe, where Skyworld really causes a problem in high-level combat. Helping to set up some kinds of KOs might not be enough to do it, since the meta-game can evolve around avoiding those types of KOs. Also, "bias towards Melee" has nothing to do with anything, and the onus is on you to prove otherwise.
Okay. Your a character who can only recover vertically properly or is a tether recovery character. Combine this with the fact that the platforms can hinder your recovery to near zero. Hell, the only playable characters are R.O.B and possibly Pit on this stage. All others fail hard, especially heavy characters.

BTW, where the hell have you been? Go look at the Melee and Brawl boards. You'll see the majority of the members are Melee majority and if you try to argue your point your wrong. Always. Thats like saying one religion is better than all when it isn't even true.

Haha, no. Camping will demonstrate if your opponent has enough skill to overcome camping. "Looking like a tree" is not the reason why excellent players don't just camp for an entire match; it's because it's not always as effective a strategy as you seem to give it credit for.
Camping is a garbage strategy that shows your a coward with no honor for combat. So you'd rather run away like a wuss and shoot crap at me all day? WOW YOUR GOOD AT THE GAME. HOW ABOUT I SPAM MY REFLECTOR ON YOUR *** ALL DAY INSTEAD. MMM YEAH SOME "SKILL" IT TAKES YOU TO CAMP NOW.

BTW, excellent players do not camp. Go watch a few Brawl matches and you'll see what I mean.

It still sounds like "bad Diddy" did a good job. I don't see the problem. It's not like there's no way to avoid and/or punish Diddy's Fsmash :urg:
You kinda nulled your post here. Shouldn't have to explain completely why.

In case here you go, you just said bad players who spam should win. Prove me wrong, win a cookie.

Funny, that's exactly where the SBR put it. Did I miss something?
Explain why its in a bull**** catagory of inbetween ville then. It should be one or another, not both.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Tony, you are making it seem like everybody here are complete idiots and that you are the only one who knows what you are talking about. You don't seem to realize that once the SBR ban a stage, that stage will never come out of the banned list again, since it already has enough argument against it so that it should never be used.

For skyworld, you make it seem like it is impossible to play on that stage for anybody but R.O.B. and Pit. This is completely untrue. Many people in this game have REALLY good recoveries, like pikachu and TL, just to name some. It is not IMPOSSIBLE to play on that stage as someone with a bad recovery, it just makes it VERY DIFFICULT which is the point of a COUNTER pick.

Same goes for rainbow cruise and tether recoveries. I have played against my brother (Me pikachu, him ZSS) and he has beaten me about half of the time on that stage. It makes it a lot more difficult for him, since he normally has a winning % against me, but it doesn't make him have 0% chance of winning. The level makes you alter your plans for fighting. "OH NOES YOU CAN'T JUST FIGHT ON A FLAT SURFACE?? ZOMG BAN THIS PLOX!!!!!!" Please, at least argue with valid points, or videos, or FIRST HAND EXPERIENCES instead of using hypothetical circumstances.

Okay. Your a character who can only recover vertically properly or is a tether recovery character. Combine this with the fact that the platforms can hinder your recovery to near zero. Hell, the only playable characters are R.O.B and possibly Pit on this stage. All others fail hard, especially heavy characters.
Have you played one of these tether recovery characters on that stage and have actually had that problem 100% of the time making you unable to win?

Tony_ said:
BTW, where the hell have you been? Go look at the Melee and Brawl boards. You'll see the majority of the members are Melee majority and if you try to argue your point your wrong. Always. Thats like saying one religion is better than all when it isn't even true.
It doesn't matter where the majority of the boards are, these is a brawl rule list, and people from Melee aren't trying to mess this up just so that melee will go back into style. What are you trying to accomplish by saying this?

Tony_ said:
Camping is a garbage strategy that shows your a coward with no honor for combat. So you'd rather run away like a wuss and shoot crap at me all day? WOW YOUR GOOD AT THE GAME. HOW ABOUT I SPAM MY REFLECTOR ON YOUR *** ALL DAY INSTEAD. MMM YEAH SOME "SKILL" IT TAKES YOU TO CAMP NOW.

BTW, excellent players do not camp. Go watch a few Brawl matches and you'll see what I mean.
People don't care how skilled they look in a game they play COMPETITIVELY with MONEY ON THE LINE. In friendlies, yeah, its pretty gay for your opponent to camp you, because there is nothing at risk. But in tournament, you play to win, not play to look respectable.

No excellent players camp?!?!? Lol yeah right. Anther, the best pikachu in the country, and the best player in Michigan (I think) makes timers run out in matches. I saw a recent match of him vs a lucario on halberd, and time ran out. So yeah, once again, get evidence before you say **** like this.

Tony_ said:
You kinda nulled your post here. Shouldn't have to explain completely why.

In case here you go, you just said bad players who spam should win. Prove me wrong, win a cookie.
Bad players who spam won't win. Bad players who spam will spam in a predictable way and will thus be beaten by somebody who has half a brain and knows what they are doing. A good player spamming will know what to do when their spamming fails, so they are just adapting to their opponent.

Tony_ said:
Explain why its in a bull**** catagory of inbetween ville then. It should be one or another, not both.
It isn't, re-read the list. Pokemon Stadium 1 is in between, not 2. PS1, you don't fight against the obstacles, you use them to your advantage, whether you run behind it, or you combo your opponent off of it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Camping is a garbage strategy that shows your a coward with no honor for combat. So you'd rather run away like a wuss and shoot crap at me all day? WOW YOUR GOOD AT THE GAME.
I highly recommend you read this article: Playing to Win (<--- link). It changed the way I thought about competitive gaming, from a time when I would have agreed with you. The tone of the article can sound a little condescending, but I don't mean it as such. I used to complain when people would use cheap tactics in games. Now I am convinced that it is perfectly fine, and if camping is overpowered then it is the game at fault, not the competitive community that surrounds it.

tl;dr: blame Sakurai :(

If they're excellent players, then they're choosing not to camp because it has less chance of success. Or they have ideals that are completely separate from the game itself; like deciding to go pro with Captain Falcon just because he's so cool :) That's not bad, but it's a rare type of choice to make at the pro level.

HTH...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Let's not go with a bashing of Tony_, this is, after all, a discussion about the rule set. Kudos on making it SBR, even though Florida basically is rejecting it

Sliq

Smash Master
http://www.coedhumor.com/images/posters/600/******-1.jpg

He actually has a point unlike you. Prove your points instead of acting like the image macro please.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He got the image macro from coedhumor.com because he is a tool that likes unfunny ****.

But seriously, my analogy stands up for itself. You'd realize that if you weren't too busy stuffing black cock into your mouth or knew anything about smash or golf.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I agree with ESAM. Grow up, people. This thread needs to be for civilized discussion.
Agreed, but one key part of having a civilized discussion is learning to admit when you are wrong. I'm not going to drop any names, but people need to learn to accept that sometimes the other person knows more than they do.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well yeah, you have to admit you are wrong, but rubbing it in other people's faces doesn't do anything.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Or it would make them spam the thread with more nonsense flaming the people that flamed him...and we don't need another flame war, do we?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Ok, warnings are being handed out because it's crossing the line.

Continue debate.

Thanks.

Chip.

you know what to do
i dont see it-.-
Aside from the completely random transformations that can come in your way to determine the result of a match you mean >_>.

Such as the big diagonal line with the two eyes mirroring eachother transformation. The line COMPLETELY covers up the left edge and allows for no one being able to grab it in a sweetspot recovery. ********.

Or the 3-pronged spikes that appear on the left or right hand sides of the stage. Before the picture is completely animated, there is an invisible "wall" in the shape of the spikes that enables stage spikes to occur, instead of an attacking hitbox, that are impossible to tech. ********.

I could go on, but I've studied the true dumbness of that stage here and there to understand it's not fit for competitive fair play.
Yeah, too much random crap that could interfere with the result of the match for it to be legal.

I've played on the stage numerous times in tournament to see how playable it is but that doesnt really matter knowing that something as ******** as the things listed above ^^^ could happen to end a match unfairly. If the transformations weren't random, then I'd be totally fine with playing the stage.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The transformations occur at fixed intervals, there are permanently safe parts of the levels to be at, and once a transformation occurs, it will never happen again until the full rotation happens (longer than an 8 minute match). Most of the hazards have fixed knockback and are always survivable with proper DI. Knowledge is power.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Agreed, but one key part of having a civilized discussion is learning to admit when you are wrong. I'm not going to drop any names, but people need to learn to accept that sometimes the other person knows more than they do.
It's good to see you understand this now.

I appreciate all the work you guys did and all the time you spent on it, I really do, now go redo it this time WELL because this just sucks lol.

It's like you wanna kill brawl.

That's my opinion, if you wanna get butthurt over it, go for it.

Tony_

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He got the image macro from coedhumor.com because he is a tool that likes unfunny ****.

But seriously, my analogy stands up for itself. You'd realize that if you weren't too busy stuffing black cock into your mouth or knew anything about smash or golf.

So your giving me the aids you got from a prostitute? K. GJ on that.

BTW, I have played golf before. Try again.

Tony, you are making it seem like everybody here are complete idiots and that you are the only one who knows what you are talking about. You don't seem to realize that once the SBR ban a stage, that stage will never come out of the banned list again, since it already has enough argument against it so that it should never be used.
I'm not. I'm just not backing down from this like most people would want me to.

For skyworld, you make it seem like it is impossible to play on that stage for anybody but R.O.B. and Pit. This is completely untrue. Many people in this game have REALLY good recoveries, like pikachu and TL, just to name some. It is not IMPOSSIBLE to play on that stage as someone with a bad recovery, it just makes it VERY DIFFICULT which is the point of a COUNTER pick.
I have never seen a stage that poses more of a problem counter pick wise than Skyworld. Melee counterpicks weren't this bad ever. And if were having Skyworld legal, perhaps we should go back to Melee stages and unban many of those, Fox isn't a big enough concern to ban the majority of those stages like D3 did right?

Same goes for rainbow cruise and tether recoveries. I have played against my brother (Me pikachu, him ZSS) and he has beaten me about half of the time on that stage. It makes it a lot more difficult for him, since he normally has a winning % against me, but it doesn't make him have 0% chance of winning. The level makes you alter your plans for fighting. "OH NOES YOU CAN'T JUST FIGHT ON A FLAT SURFACE?? ZOMG BAN THIS PLOX!!!!!!" Please, at least argue with valid points, or videos, or FIRST HAND EXPERIENCES instead of using hypothetical circumstances.

Then you do the same, since you feel like putting up a wall to null my responses, I will do the same.

Have you played one of these tether recovery characters on that stage and have actually had that problem 100% of the time making you unable to win?
Tether recoveries literally get screwed here. All you have to do is spike, then quickly break the platform. Combine that with characters who have less than good recoveries, and you have a stage that you can't recover on. Hell, you can punish people for trying to recover on this stage more often than on other stages. It should be fully banned, and not in between.

It doesn't matter where the majority of the boards are, these is a brawl rule list, and people from Melee aren't trying to mess this up just so that melee will go back into style. What are you trying to accomplish by saying this?
Go look at the famed "Brawl VS Melee" topics and you'll see that the majority here are Pro Melee than to brawl. People only play Brawl because they can make money at it right now.

People don't care how skilled they look in a game they play COMPETITIVELY with MONEY ON THE LINE. In friendlies, yeah, its pretty gay for your opponent to camp you, because there is nothing at risk. But in tournament, you play to win, not play to look respectable.
Expect that in other games I myself have no problem with this. SF, CVS, MVC, turtling(camping) is fine because its not as slow as Brawl. In Brawl, COMPLETE camping makes you look like a bad player to other people.

No excellent players camp?!?!? Lol yeah right. Anther, the best pikachu in the country, and the best player in Michigan (I think) makes timers run out in matches. I saw a recent match of him vs a lucario on halberd, and time ran out. So yeah, once again, get evidence before you say **** like this.
Then you do too please.

Bad players who spam won't win. Bad players who spam will spam in a predictable way and will thus be beaten by somebody who has half a brain and knows what they are doing. A good player spamming will know what to do when their spamming fails, so they are just adapting to their opponent.
Excpet that this player usually only used F-air, and Diddy's has amazing knockback to it. Diddy's light weight doesn't help him much, especially against his own F-air.

It isn't, re-read the list. Pokemon Stadium 1 is in between, not 2. PS1, you don't fight against the obstacles, you use them to your advantage, whether you run behind it, or you combo your opponent off of it.
Stadium 1 should be a CP and not inbetween. Thanks for proving my point on PS2.

lol Tony_ loses to cowards
Lol no. HULK SMASH! xD

ESAM said:
Or it would make them spam the thread with more nonsense flaming the people that flamed him...and we don't need another flame war, do we?
I would never start a flame war with anyone unless they insulted people for no particular reason just so they could look like they know everything about the game just to make themselves feel good.

Chip.

you know what to do
The transformations occur at fixed intervals, there are permanently safe parts of the levels to be at, and once a transformation occurs, it will never happen again until the full rotation happens (longer than an 8 minute match). Most of the hazards have fixed knockback and are always survivable with proper DI. Knowledge is power.
So, going by your reasoning, that everytime I'm recovering on the left edge of Pictochat, regardless of the diagonal line that completely covers the edge has appeared or not, I HAVE to ALWAYS UpB up and over the edge because I know that at any given second the interval can occur and kill me with that particular transformation or otherwise leaving me vulnerable to a free attack by my opponent since I'm lingering in the air/suffering landing lag from my upB? I mean, that WOULD be the "safe zone" in this scenario you said we must all be aware of and focused on at intervals during the intensity of a tournament match so that we don't get gimped from a silly line in a recovery right?

You're also saying that everytime I'm sent flying across the stage in a semi horizontal fashion that I have to be ready to tech an invsible wall in the shape of the 3-pronged spikes before they are animated so that I don't get stage spiked?

Knowledge is power

Sliq

Smash Master
So your giving me the aids you got from a prostitute? K. GJ on that.
Zing. You really burned me. Boy do I feel foolish.

BTW, I have played golf before. Try again.
Try what again? I said if you KNEW anything about golf or smash. Just because you mini-golfed when you were 6 doesn't make you an authority on it.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on golf, but I'm more of an authority than a lot of people on here, including you, and hazards in golf are nearly IDENTICAL to hazards in Smash.

You have 2 options. You can lay up before the lake and play it safe (i.e. don't fight near the hazards), or go for the gold and go over the lake, which is riskier but has a higher reward (i.e. attempting to utilize the hazards or fighting despite them).

I don't get how this analogy doesn't make sense to you. It completely shuts down like all johns.

Furthermore, golf courses move the pin location around every now and then (o shi, randomness!).

Seriously, if you are bad in golf it can be tricky to avoid the hazards because you can't hit the ball solidly or adjust due to the lie, the same for smash. If you are bad, it is harder to avoid hazards, despite the fact that they happen at fixed time intervals in fixed locations.

Try not being bad.

So, going by your reasoning, that everytime I'm recovering on the left edge of Pictochat, regardless of the diagonal line that completely covers the edge has appeared or not, I HAVE to ALWAYS UpB up and over the edge because I know that at any given second the interval can occur and kill me with that particular transformation or otherwise leaving me vulnerable to a free attack by my opponent since I'm lingering in the air/suffering landing lag from my upB? I mean, that WOULD be the "safe zone" in this scenario you said we must all be aware of and focused on at intervals during the intensity of a tournament match so that we don't get gimped from a silly line in a recovery right?

You're also saying that everytime I'm sent flying across the stage in a semi horizontal fashion that I have to be ready to tech an invsible wall in the shape of the 3-pronged spikes before they are animated so that I don't get stage spiked?

Knowledge is power
Don't get hit.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Seriously, if you are bad in golf it can be tricky to avoid the hazards because you can't hit the ball solidly or adjust due to the lie, the same for smash. If you are bad, it is harder to avoid hazards, despite the fact that they happen at fixed time intervals in fixed locations.
With this logic we should put items on. :ohwell:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
With this logic we should put items on. :ohwell:
I do believe he said "fixed time intervals in fixed locations". Items spawn within certain time ranges and at spawn points that move progressively closer to players based on various factors within a match.

Try again.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I do believe he said "fixed time intervals in fixed locations". Items spawn within certain time ranges and at spawn points that move progressively closer to players based on various factors within a match.

Try again.
Well you guys wanna add all these hazards, I figured let's just destroy this game entirely and put items on.

That's where it's headed with this list lol.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Try what again? I said if you KNEW anything about golf or smash. Just because you mini-golfed when you were 6 doesn't make you an authority on it.
I lol'd. Couldn't help it. Not trying to insult btw, I just found it funny. Dunno why.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on golf, but I'm more of an authority than a lot of people on here, including you, and hazards in golf are nearly IDENTICAL to hazards in Smash.
But in golf, you can go out and practice on the course before the actual event. In smash you can't really practice the stages unless you have a human opponent to play, and even then, you won't be choosing Skyworld or any other broken stage that much.

You have 2 options. You can lay up before the lake and play it safe (i.e. don't fight near the hazards), or go for the gold and go over the lake, which is riskier but has a higher reward (i.e. attempting to utilize the hazards or fighting despite them).
This is true. However, what (hypothetically) if the lake is the only way to get across. Do you use a 1 Club or play it safe and use a three?

I don't get how this analogy doesn't make sense to you. It completely shuts down like all johns.
It doesn't make sense because certain aspects of golf are different than Smash.

Furthermore, golf courses move the pin location around every now and then (o shi, randomness!).
Doesn't happen in tournament play for golf to my understanding. If it does, then yes, lol randomness.

Try not being bad.
What about stages like Skyworld, Norfair and similar stages where the most random crap happens just because it isn't time set?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tony, stop.

If you want to continue, pick a single argument with the list and focus on that one. I'm not going to sift through this.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You guys did a great job. Kudos SBR :)

Edit: The only analogy that fits smash is life.
Smash = Life
You have to edgehog and there are spacies and hitstun and MJ WDs etc

Edit: Oh, and another event that I have at all my tourneys, I figure I should add it

Event:
Brawl HellBox

Rules:
- 4 player FFA
- Special Brawl: Fast Motion
- Green Shells, Bumpers and Final Smashes only, set to Very High
- Winner moves on, loser is out.
- The 2nd and 3rd place move to the elimination brackets.
- Repeat until there are groups of 4 left to join the winners of the first round.
- Repeat until there is 4 left.

Custom Stage/Only Legal Stage
HellBox:
- Large stage
- Make a full box with an block missing from the center on the top, the furthers left block on the roof and a block 4 down the wall on the right.
- Put three tunnel accessories along the bottom evenly spaced.

I spent 14 hours playing this with people after a tourney. I've had it at every one since. SO much fun OMG

okiyama

Smash Ace
Two things about RPS. First off it is not a luck based game, there is a huge ammount of strategy that is employed. I was way into RPS for a while so I haven't ever lost in stage striking except for point 2.
Secondly, a game of RPS should be denoted as "1,2,3, shoot" and on shoot you show your choice. There have been some... incidents where a player may say "shoot" without counting and throw paper and win immediately.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That works EVERY time. I invented it myself, and will win RPS against anyone that doesn't know of it.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I should ahve got you that second game we played, but you shot out too fast.

OS=Metaknight, all his moves come out when your character is like 1,2... and then he's all like SWORD, BIOTCH!
Rule sare very agreeable, except I suggest using a coin instead of RPS.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hey Overswarm, I got a question.

Would it be possible if we had Tournament Approved Neutral Custom Stages? I'm pretty sure there will be some good simple designs that will be both fair and great to play on.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Would it be possible if we had Tournament Approved Neutral Custom Stages? I'm pretty sure there will be some good simple designs that will be both fair and great to play on.
As long as neutral stages exist in the current roster, I don't think this is going to happen.
Do it Japanese style and have only two stages for competitive play.
:)

Overswarm

is laughing at you

I'm sure if the tournament was ginormous (like, 200+ people), the SBR wouldn't be opposed to looking at the TOs custom stages and giving advice on them.

However, we do not have the resources to do this for everyone.

We will dabble in custom stages in the future and see if we can create "official" ones, but the general consensus is "what for". We don't need them as of now, and probably won't. It might spice things up later in life, but emphasis on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom