• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SavemiiFrii and the 003 Error

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
Right now, Da_Letter_A is working on a method you won't have to downgrade for to fix the 003 error but this is honestly the best way to fix a Wii that has been bricked with no brick protection installed, without possibly Startpatch (please have startpatch installed, if not, you need a drivekey):

How to fix a System Menu Brick, Banner Brick, or 003 Brick (if you don't know the latter, you don't have it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xticb6YH3WY&fmt=18

Anyway, here's the description and atm this only works on NTSC-U although I likely will release an autoboot disc that will need a drivekey to run and will work for any region that will load Loadmii:

===============
NOTICE: Use this only for a Wii bricked by a theme, corrupt system menu install, or a 003 region change error (or a banner brick). Any system menu IOS brick will not work for this method. This is still in beta testing so don't just buy a drivekey if you don't have one, it should work but it hasn't been completely confirmed yet.
===============

===============
For a 003 error, you need to install the system menu 4.0/41 WAD and you need to also install IOS60 v6174, v6400 WILL fully brick your Wii if you do not have bootmii).
===============

Here is a download link to a pack that has all the applications you need to run to save a Wii with a corrupt system menu or a 003 error (no Nintendo copyrighted files are in the download):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyydnjtzzjy

To use this method you need:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Diagnostic disc check off
Functioning system menu IOS
Gamecube controller and ability to take off the case
Retail Brawl copy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drivekey
DVD9 version of Brawl, retail or god kill you, pirated
Functioning system menu IOS
GC controller with ability to open it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The method for this to work is you should be remove the casing and remove the piece of plastic that stops you from pressing all 4 directions on the Dpad. Put this GC controller in Port 4 and then put the Brawl game in, hold down all 4 directions and turn it on. When you see a black screen with writing in the bottom right, let go and press A.

This should let you load Brawl if you have a drivekey or the diagnostic disc check off, otherwise you can't autoboot the game. Make sure you remove the SD card on the first load and delete every custom stage on your Wii, make sure you delete your original private folder before loading this (or rename it). Then, exit the stage builder, put in the SD card reload it and it should load a black screen and then Loadmii.

Follow the readme from here, it can let you run native code and eventually the Wii WAD Manager (by Waninkoko) which should let you fix your Wii.

PM me for more details and watch in high quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xticb6YH3WY&fmt=18

Please subscribe:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Illinialex24

For more info on Drivekey go here (recommended for simplistic install, many features, and confirmation from xzero it works for the save menu):
http://www.drivekey.com/

I hold no responsibility for any Wii's that are not fixed using this method or that are bricked in the process. Do not use this on a healthy Wii. In this I just uninstalled a WAD using it, but it shows install and uninstall features are functional. I had Startpatch to remove the diagnostic check and I had only 1 more code to make the recovery menu start just by pressing Dpad Up, so it is a fairly realistic test. I have tested the Trucha Bug Restorer method as well, both work and should work on ANY Wii, cboot2 is preferable for future use but TBR works very well.
Here's the readme:

How to start off:

Your Wii is bricked, you don't know what to do, you messed with the system menu and its dead. But you own a retail copy of Brawl.

Here's what to do:

Extract these SD card contents to the root of your SD card.

First, disassemble your GC Gamecube so you can remove the casing and press all 4 directions of the D pad at once.

Load the Wii from a full power off (red light) while holding all 4 buttons and having the Super SMash Bros. Brawl retail disc inserted.

Nw, it should say your region and system menu version in the bottom right. Press A to load the game and go to the Vault in Brawl. Go into the
stage builder.

If the system freezes, its because you have other stages, rename the private folder to private 1, reload the game the same way and then delete all
the stages, now remove your SD card and undo the rename of the private folder, make sure there is only 1 stage in there.

Now, go back to the stage builder with the SD card inserted (or if you just entered it) and it should go to a black screen and load an app.

Load Hackmii.elf and install bootmii as a boot2 replacement if you can. If this succeeds, go to option 1. If this fails, go to option 2.

~~Option 1:~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Congratulations, you have a prepped SD card and bootmii as a boot2 replacement, reset the Wii and it should take you to a bootmii menu
where only a GC controller works.

PREP WORK:

On the computer change the Autoboot in the bootmii.ini to SYSMENU.

Now, you need to aquire the following files:

00000000.app
tmd.2
cetk

These all have to be for BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad, extract them and rename the .tik file to cetk and the tmd to have the proper name and copy them to
this directory:

00000001\00000001\v2

Now, you also need the following files which you can get from an NUS downloader:

cetk

These have to be for IOS36 v1042 and copy them to:

/00000001/00000024/v1042/

Now you also need to pack a functioning system menu of the proper region and same number as your current one from the NUS Downloader and put that in
the WAD folder. Make sure its in there.

Installation:

Now open Brawl through the system recovery menu and then open stacksmash to get Loadmii. Load cboot2.elf and run the installer. When it says updating
TMD, wait a while and if it does anything, let it do that. If it just freezes there, after a minute hold power (this is expected).

Now, load the Wii with the SD card in. It should run a cboot2 .dol file and then it should go into the WIi WAD Manager. Install the system menu wad
you need and then just reset the Wii. Congratulations, your brick is fixed.

~~Option 2:~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When life hates you....

Anyway....

PREP WORK:

Get NUS Downloader and get the right system menu you need and make sure to pack the .wad. Make sure its the right number and region. Now, copy that to
the .wad folder.

Installation:

Now, first choose to downgrade IOS15. We need the trucha bug so yeah, downgrade it and choose to install it from the NUS servers.

Now, when thats done, it should exit or try to exit. Hold power and reset the Wii and go back to the recovery menu.

Now, load stacksmash and this time load boot.dol, the WAD Manager. Choose IOS15 as the IOS to run off and choose to front SD slot. Install the
system menu wad properly.

Now, turn off the Wii (your Wii is fixed but if it is boot2v4 you need to now restore IOS15). Load the recovery menu and then TBR.dol.

Now, you might want to patch IOS36 to the menu but it isn't mandatory. Restore IOS15 from the NUS servers when it asks. Enjoy, you should be
able to reset your Wii.

~~Notes:~~
~~~~~~~~~~

This should work for any Wii, although I have had limited testing...

I need someone without preloader but startpatch to test this. I might do it later.

Huge credits to WiiGator for cboot2, WiiPower for TBR, Twiizers for Bootmii, and the Lemon Man for Loadmii.
I forgot to credit Waninkoko for the WAD Manager in the readme btw.

Sails

Smash Ace
What the hell does this have anything to do with Brawl modification? Nothing at all. This isn't GBAtemp, go over there and blatantly copy paste instructions from illinialex and give little to no credit, since apparently all you are good at is reposting other peoples content for no reason. We don't need this here, if someone wants help with their busted Wii, then they will go to the appropriate forum on the other side of the Internet and look for help. This is not the place for this, and it is yet another thread by you that (by what seems to be unanimous community agreement) we don't want.

And before you can weasel your way out of this one with "Oh I never claimed it was mine hur hur hur"...
I forgot to credit Waninkoko for the WAD Manager in the readme btw.
You act like you made this!

Please leave this forum if you wish to act this way. This community does not put up with stolen content.

</backseatmod>

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
I am illinialex *******. This is just a way to save your Wii.

EDIT: Oh and btw, if anyone has an issue with copyright infringements, I'll remove hackmii from here and include the source of everything else. I have made absolutely no modifications and everything but Hackmii installer is open source. Seriously.

So speak before you learn, I haven't stolen any content here and since it is open source, repackaging it should be fine. [/rant to ******]

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
What the hell does this have anything to do with Brawl modification? Nothing at all. This isn't GBAtemp, go over there and blatantly copy paste instructions from illinialex and give little to no credit, since apparently all you are good at is reposting other peoples content for no reason. We don't need this here, if someone wants help with their busted Wii, then they will go to the appropriate forum on the other side of the Internet and look for help. This is not the place for this, and it is yet another thread by you that (by what seems to be unanimous community agreement) we don't want.

And before you can weasel your way out of this one with "Oh I never claimed it was mine hur hur hur"...

You act like you made this!

Please leave this forum if you wish to act this way. This community does not put up with stolen content.

</backseatmod>
I rofl'd seriously, you want proof, look at the link he gives to HIS youtube account on his thread... seriously, look at who you're accusing before you accuse. Or atleast use the edit button to make you look like less of a dumba**.

Sails

Smash Ace
Hilarious, why do you have two accounts here? Isn't that prohibited?
Unless you got a name change, which I don't recall.

And I stand by my point that this doesn't belong here, but apologize for calling you out on stolen content. Considering your previous track record with other threads, you should be able to understand why I jumped the gun, especially considering I saw you posting under illinalex no less then a week ago.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
Edited for content sorry. Oh and my main is super banned, pretty sure admins let me post here, its a hunch.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I am illinialex *******.
I honestly wished you hadn't said this. I was going to enjoy seeing how many people would ignore the obvious. And yes, I am aware of how pitifully obnoxious this sounds. :laugh:

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
I honestly wished you hadn't said this. I was going to enjoy seeing how many people would ignore the obvious. And yes, I am aware of how pitifully obnoxious this sounds. :laugh:
I know, they should have realized because of the so many obvious reasons and I really want to edit my post so it doesn't say that:

First, I have helped out.

Second, I've trolled and laughed at the reactions of people so stupid to take me seriously (Dantarion....)

Third, all my recent blogs were on Arrested D and I posted everything going to my Youtube when it had an outside link.

But yeah, this is a useful tool, I'm likely gonna make an autoboot but it might be illegal so I will release it as a patch for an MKWii iso file, so yeah, it won't be a true release. So you would burn it yourself.

Common_Sense

Smash Rookie
My DVD spins up and starts to load the game then I get a white screen with the text:
"Please insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game disc"

I am trying to run a backup I made of my original game, the game is set to autoboot with bootmii.

Does this mean that the Diagnostic disc check is not off or is it simply bad media and/or bad iso file I try to burn?

I use TDK +R DL disc to burn.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I think this is irrelevant to this topic, but you can save your system menu with your NAND backup right? Because i saved a NAND backup on BootMii. My Wii didn't die yet but you never know right :p

AdmiralStarshade

Smash Rookie
Quote:
These all have to be for BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad, extract them and rename the .tik file to cetk and the tmd to have the proper name and copy them to
this directory: 00000001\00000001\v2

This is part is unclear to me, please explain in more detail?
I have a bricked 4.2U wii. How do I get this system menu wad?

Top Bottom