• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sask's best Mewtwo is still a pretty bad one.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
What's Sask? Anyway.

Match one.

Shielding against an aerial Peach probably isn't your best option. Float cancels basically allow her free hits on your shield, and Mewtwo is big enough for shieldstabbing to become a problem very quickly, especially against Peach's monstrous dsmash.

You're getting punished a lot for being greedy and trying to eke more charge out of the Shadow Ball. I wouldn't. Just throw uncharged ones to mess up the approach or possible make openings. It's not worth getting hit for over ten damage for possibly getting one or two extra damage in.

Your movement is a little lacking. For one, your Teleports don't look as well aimed as they should be, which just requires practice. I'll assume that you know not to hit the ground with it, but if you didn't, you do now. You're using wavedashes a little to evade, but it's mostly a single wavedash to shield or fsmash to try to counter an attack. Simple movements like that won't work at higher levels, so try to throw in dashdances every once in a while, and go from there.

You aren't using your tilts very much... which you should be. Really, it looks like you're using Shadow Balls at ranges where you should be grabbing or tilting. I'd look into that.

Woah, nice spike though.

I would recommend not messing around near the edge against Peach. Mewtwo's edgeguarding game isn't good enough to net him the kills on Peach that... say Marth could get, and you're really just restricting yourself to a smaller space, which means dsmash.

Try using dthrow against Peach at low/medium percents. You'll be more likely to combo out of that than anything... You could use the uthrow to keep her in the air, I suppose, but unless you're really good at that, it's not very viable. Also, you could try to land a fair or some kind of launcher after the dthrow for the same effect and be more assured in that.

Grab attack. Free damage. Mewtwo's throws aren't fast enough to throw anyone off the DI anyway. No pun intended.

Holy FUCK. Don't crouch cancel Peach's dsmash EVER. Just dtilt and let go of the Control Stick before she can whorenado you.

You're giving Peach too much wiggle room. Currently, she's calling all the shots and you're reacting. I guess it's working for you at the moment, but when you play better people, you should keep in mind that the proactive player always has the advantage over the reactive one.

If you're going to put in a song, at least make it cover the entire match <_<

Learn the uthrow killing percentages. Also, learn to DI better.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Saskatchewan, Canada.

I'm starting to think my controller sucks. I used to teleport really well, and well, execute moves that I meant to. Like throwing in the right direction. Of course, my wavedashing has always been a little inconsistent if I wasn't playing Marth.

I don't upload the videos. I actually didn't know that music was added.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Lol have you played my Mewtwo yet?

I'll try and post some vids to show you how a REAL Canadian Mewtwo should play.

Anyways, you're focussing too much on getting your shadowball charged, which is a nono. The only time you should be using the shadowball is when you're throwing them non-charged. After you've KO'd your opponent or knocked them a reasonable distance of the edge is when you can concentrate on charging. I also like to use it for tech-chasing.

Forward smash < Down smash. If you f-smash a floating peach, be prepared to get neutral'd or slapped. The same applies to all of Mewtwo's smashes at lower percentage Peach. You should be focussing on wavedashing in, tilting (d-tilt preferably), grabbing/fair/djc u-air, throwing, then either following up or getting out of there. A lot of Mewtwo's matchups are just horribly, horribly gay. Like Mewtwo vs. Jiggs. Or, in this case, Mewtwo vs. Peach.

Another thing is your mobility. You're moving around too slow. You need to put lots and lots of pressure on the opponent so that they can't do the same to you. Pressue on Mewtwo is bad news, because Mewtwo can't do jack about it. Start wavedashing a lot, teleporting out of shield, basically taking advantage of Mewtwo's only options.

U-smash = nono. Unless you're on fountain of dreams playing a falcon or fox, in which case wavedashing underneath the platforms and u-smashing works half the time. The galaxy looks cool, but the chances of it hitting a Peach are almost 0/none.

You're Mewtwo is VERY predictable. I know what you're going to do way before you do it, and that's just through watching a video. If your shield is getting attacked, don't always go for a grab. Jump out and teleport away.

Hopefully we'll get to play at the Grand Prairie tourney, if it happens.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
So, here I am. I wasn't going to give advice at all, but your M2 makes mine look aggressive, so I'll give you a few pointers, from one "so-so" Mewtwo player to another. Firstly, I applaude your gaul for taking M2 into a vs. Peach match at all: I usually go with my C. Falcon or Marth, because a good Peach has very few weaknesses to take advantge of.

Match 1: Ok, if you want extra lift out of Mewtwo's second jump, do NOT use Confusion. Any of his airs work for that, and to repeat Vectorman's advice to me, N-Air is probably the safest. Confusion leaves you wide open, and you'll want to use it 5% of the time. (When you're so far out that it won't matter.) You seem to be abusing the Shadowball: don't. Eventually your opponent will get wise and avoid or block it. D-Smash is faster and better against Peach, and a F-Smash should be used sparingly in this match-up, and then sweetspotted and charged for a out of the blue edge guard. (27% damage that way.) Utilize ALL of M2's throws more often; the F-throw may be terrible for damage, but it can get you some breathing room, and the D-Throw is good at low %. (Using it at high % against Peach is suicide.) don't forget that U-Throw on FD works at 119% damage or so...

Actually, that's all I've got, cause it applies to all three. Try and get a better controller, learn to DJC (I thought I didn't need it, then I learned it. :O) and improve your mindgames. Overall, you're good. Your gameplay (Like mine) just needs further refining and improvment. Keep it up!

P.S. Go have a look at my Mewtwo, it's in the threads. Let me know what you think huh?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I declare all the m2 players in this thread to be scrubs. >.> In any case you can't ask for tip if you just picked up m2. Geez every melee player should be wise to this by now.

The only real tip to getting better is watching others do it or Time and practice. lol

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I declare all the m2 players in this thread to be scrubs. >.> In any case you can't ask for tip if you just picked up m2. Geez every melee player should be wise to this by now.

The only real tip to getting better is watching others do it or Time and practice. lol
I completely disagree.

Watching how people play via videos is pretty much the same thing as asking for tips to improve, in a sense where you're taking something from someone else and using to your own benefit, whether it be a visual aid or a textual description.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
The only reason I even got good at all was because of taj. Not his advice, just watching him doing certain match up. He clearly shows you edge hogs combos and mewtwos combination of spam. I didn't need you or quark just a guide or idea. You say it is like asking for help when watching a vid but I disagree. That my friend is motivation as to why to play the character at all.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
LOL sorry that u did get hi-jacked but think about it your thread just helped introduce SHADOWCLAW 3. Thats better than two scoops of raisins in the morning

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I just watched the S3 trailer...
It was so sexy that I think I'm pregnant. Which is weird since I'm a guy and it's just a video

Top Bottom