• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Might try to join you folks for tennis this year. At the very end of last year, I was watching a tennis tournament. It was huge, there were so many fans cheering the teams on. In comparison, no one watches the racquetball tournaments except for racquetball players even though I'd wager that the overall skill of the racquetball players is higher.
our tennis team is pretty good, actually

i think they beat princeton before?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
They are definitely good. I guess the thing that irks me the most is how unknown racquetball is. Our best player (who I can beat *sometimes* LOL), has won the last three tournaments. That includes beating "elite" players which is pretty impressive IMO.

Anyways, I want to see if I can get back into tennis and maybe join the team.

Also, has anyone ever done spinning? Been doing it consistently the whole summer with my family, crazy work out.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Much closer to smashers than last year too. Going to get a bike I can get around on decently and hanging out will be easy peazy.

joeplicate

Smash Master
so i just found out

kira aka dave kim is coming to ucsc in the fall

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
developing my force powers.

Need to play people in smash =]

THURSDAY IS WHEN ITS HAPPENIN RIGHT? - SUM PEOPLE ARE GONNA GET ****ED UP

joeplicate

Smash Master
that's hecka ridiculous sheridan

i have a goal to get up to v5s, start getting really good
dajuan can u pick me up in alameda tomorrow bro?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I will be back in SC one Friday from now (the 9th)!!!

I am really looking forward to playing now. Got a bunch of new skills under my belt; but of course, playing people from Santa Cruz is always very humbling.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
May I come to Santa Cruz two Fridays later to play?
Yes - travelling smashers always have a welcome couch + giant bean bag at our place

but also....

We might want to plan a big get together for that week / day anyway. This is a good excuse to start thinking about it.

Do we want our first hooplah to be on campus? I'm thinking we can do an afternoon-in-the-library, then all make a huge procession to My house afterwards and spend the evening at this Smash-NCtuary

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Love...ltDomain_0&hash=item43a9791c8b#ht_9094wt_1139

look out out miles and truman. might wanna get magic resist sometime soon.
i read it all.

my heart hurts.

---alternatively------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Love...ltDomain_0&hash=item43a9791c8b#ht_9094wt_1139

look out out miles and truman. might wanna get magic resist sometime soon.
Haha magic immune ^^

Aanyway what about solidifying plans for our First REAL SMash-get-together Thing?????

Friday that school starts, I was thinking of having a semi smashfest in the science library

from like.... 2- 5 or 6'ish. Then after that head over to my place to get the night smashings under way. Where the serious people that were (maybe) busy earlier could come anytime after we get back to my house.

//CommentS?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Sounds alright to me.

Monday and Friday are looking like my light classwork days. In typical fashion though, I haven't been able to sign up for any sections yet. Also taking a class with multiple field trips; one of them is a full three days as well!

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I've been getting myself hyped for trying to start the competitive gaming club again...

been spending quite some time thinking about the constitution - I want to run the draft of the constitution by All of you, possibly sheridan and joe in particular, (unless you dont consider yourself political-text-ish inclined)

Reading it + commenting means we'll be discussing how the club will be run (government), the scope of the club's activities (what events the club will try and host), as well as the club's relation to the gaming community (ideals / spirit of the club).

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
constitution? is this smash thing a club now?
I've been getting myself hyped for trying to start the competitive gaming club again...
Erick, when are you moving in again?

So... who is up for a smashfest this friday?

I was thinking about playing at the science and engineering library at about 3pm on friday. Then heading down to my place at ~7.

Also: I won't have cell phone access for Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm changing phone providers

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
no until the 20th probably. also have you guys heard of a smasher named bardul? apparently he challenged all of usc to smash and claims he can **** them

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
to create a competitive gaming club from scratch, one must first create the universe

for the constitution - are there any structural issues, things i overlooked, places that need clarification?

Q-Tip

Smash Rookie
:[ Sorry guys looks like I won't becoming back to SC until Saturday. I have family stuff to take care of on Friday...

AKARed

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not coming again, but my UCSD friend just came back right before school starts, so I'll have to spend time with him.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
hmmm i guess this smashfest in the library on friday (tomorrow) will just be a baby one

O wells! it'll be nice to play in the library again

Top Bottom