• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Hey Truman, I'll text you to see when I can come up to play. I'm rusty now, so I need to get back in shape.

K.................... tentatively set for Kevin coming NEXT friday, not this friday

anyone else interested in playing?

Walt

Smash Ace
im coming down sat night at 11pm and leaving sunday after noon at 3. i dunno if ill be able to sneak in a quick session but ill try.
-bob

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Since I'm actually logged in here.

I ****ING LOVE YOU SANTA CRUZ.

You guys are definitely the **** and I most definitely want to come chill with you guys more often. This time I'll bring the goodies ;D

Oh, and edibles for joe so he doesn't have to be such a big ***** next time.

Thanks for the good times ya'll!

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Someone tell me something to practice in Smash.

I've been playing a bit lately, not with anyone though. My fox is getting pretty smooth :)

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
nk = super homie

i'll get messed up with ya next time you come down ;)
no need to get 'messed up' =]

smoking is pretty constructive

@henry... are you looking to practice things as fox or marth?

you could practice l cancelling all your aerials, short hopped, full jumped, instant double jumped (is there a term for that?), fast fallen / not fast fallen

@NK
i think you left a pair of sunglasses and black socks...

but thanks for coming over and imparting knowledge [some of santa cruz likens it to 'dropping truth bombs']

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Either character.

I practiced a lot with up-air+up-tilt juggling on Marth. I finally got the short hop and double jump stuff super figured out; I don't have those issue with not fast falling full jump up-airs. It is amazing how many options that opened up for me: more spikes, re-grabs, tipper forwards smashes...

I feel pretty comfortable with L cancels on both chars. My main fox problems are really stupid things like jc grabs turning into a forward air or trying to wave land and accidentally dodging off the stage instead. And not knowing general character match up stuff.

We'll have to see how this holds up when I'm under pressure.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
My main fox problems are really stupid things like jc grabs turning into a forward air or trying to wave land and accidentally dodging off the stage instead. And not knowing general character match up stuff.

We'll have to see how this holds up when I'm under pressure.
it sounds like you have an idea of some stuff to work on...

but if you're still bored, you can try and practice moving / doing stuff around the screen without watching your character. just watch a different spot on the screen (as if it's the opponent) and try doing everything as fluidly as normal

And i daresay... the best way to practice would be to bus down to santa cruz and spend a day or two at our place playing smash =]

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I know, I really should go down there. Still don't have a house; the whole situation has been super sketchy and very annoying.

I like the watching a different spot idea, going to try that. And I'm working on double lasers right now. I can only do them with the control stick which is super hard for me. Super props to a certain C.falcon who only uses the control stick to jump...

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I know, I really should go down there. Still don't have a house; the whole situation has been super sketchy and very annoying.

I like the watching a different spot idea, going to try that. And I'm working on double lasers right now. I can only do them with the control stick which is super hard for me. Super props to a certain C.falcon who only uses the control stick to jump...
don't freak out about finding a house... but now is about the time that you should start focusing on it. Start calling every listing you see that you're mildly interested in, and talk to the person in charge. idk, feel free to ask me if you have any questions... but you should be ok. you found a nice house last year.

if you need to visit places....
our house is an amazing base camp to scope out open houses and whatnot =] =]

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
the deep accomodates all

independent of time and space

unless you a lil ***** =], then we dont want you

friday to sunday stays would probably be the best. Cuz i get off work on friday at like 2

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah basically whenever is a good time

next week like monday or tuesday or something might be a SUPER good time to come down
cuz that's before i need to study for exams
i'll probably be around one day this weekend, but i wanna go on a climbing trip too with a certain mr. Z

dude practicing smash is like 75% of the game
i didn't remember it so much until i got whooped at the last tournament
but i can see like everywhere, practice is the best way to get better

watching eggm vs m2k got me really pumped up
practicing **** right now LOL

Crowing

Smash Cadet
The more I practice, fox just gets cooler and cooler. I am still definitely better with Marth and enjoy him, but I feel like he's a little stagnant right now unless I am actually playing against someone. Watching Taj's genesis videos kinda makes me really pumped up to play him though. Can't wait to get back and play some peeps, I have a good feeling with the way I have been practicing!

I'll actually be in SC tomorrow looking at houses with my Dad and Brother. If I somehow get some free time, maybe I'll give you folks a ring.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Kinda random, but I started learning Python the other day. Surprisingly fun to learn.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I've been using Python for my research stuff. It's pretty easy and useful. I still am not really acquainted with methods/classes/etc but from what I understand Python is really good with those too.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I have zero programming knowledge going into this. I am using learnpythonthehardway.org; currently 11 lessons in.

My brother is a self taught programmer himself and uses python all the time for his work. He said it is very practical and helps transition into other languages.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Might try to join you folks for tennis this year. At the very end of last year, I was watching a tennis tournament. It was huge, there were so many fans cheering the teams on. In comparison, no one watches the racquetball tournaments except for racquetball players even though I'd wager that the overall skill of the racquetball players is higher.

Top Bottom