• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandbagging and Honorable/dishonorable playing

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Anyways, some things like hyrule's border are very good for the campers and the not campers. If you can use the land, you can have 3 lands spots (in the right of hyrule): border, in the land, down, and in the land up. If you see your oponent is going to grab spam or do a dsmash, only try to go up or land randomly, and you will destroy his strategy... but is dificult to timing perfect, but is a good mod of destroying campers (i did that)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Man, its 445, im ****ed up. I think this is a pretty good ****-faced post though.
WORRRRD lol.

I don't think anyone is really saying cheap=predictable. I think the definition of sheap is something that is really easy to do and high prioritized, which means we actually ahve to think to get around it whereas the person doing it does not. Well i think the major thing is (as jaime said) is that were too d*mn lazy to think about it and go around it.

7ak, game's not so easy now eh?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Actually, now that i read greenblob's post sober, I have a question. Were you saying that trying out new techniques does not equal going easy on someone? I wasnt sure what you meant by =/=, if it means does not equal, then yeah, i completely agree with you, and last night i was just too fu**** up to understand your post.

7ak

Smash Journeyman

7ak, game's not so easy now eh?

What are you referring to? :confused:

SSB64 is pretty easy and most people on kaillera are pretty bad too except the top 20 or so on the ladder. Melee is much harder but I play that more so my tech. skill is pretty good. Is that what you meant?

Frogles

Smash Ace
Only playstyle I don't like is camping/running away. I don't want to spend the whole match chasing somebody. I also don't like when people just edgeguard/do "cheap" combos (kirby uptilt, falcon upair combos) but I'm fine with those. I usually don't feel like playing after those things begin to happen a lot though so I either leave or stop trying.

:089:

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree Frogles, when people play the same cheap style repeadetly, I will usually only play 3-4 games, and then I just leave.

If it is legitimate good play, then I like playing against those type players though, even if they just main one character most/the whole time.

Im always down to catch a beat down from Fireblasters Mario or fox :)

_kSo_

Smash Master
7ak i was actually saying that the game is probably deeper than you think it is. I know it's kuz you play melee and you think that this game doesn't have any depth to it. but I play melee too, and it's true it has more mind games involved and more technical skill, but i remember in an earlier post some one said to me:

"Because you used to be a falcon player, falcon will take care of the speed for you. but since your switching to mario, who is a lot slower than falcon, that means that now, the mario player must be fast."

So take this into consideration and think that because in 64 its slow, but that means the player must be fast.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
haha old threads get bumped all the time in this section, strange.

UNLOCK MY "WHO ELSE IS NERVOUS ABOUT BRAWL POTENTIALLY SUCKING" thread!!!!!

T_T That thread had like 2500+ replies and all the cool folks like superstar and non scrubs posted there about our worries for brawl prior to its release

and then everyone was like "Nuuu brawls gunna be better than ever best smasgh game everrrr!1"

gooood times.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Just faced this in a match on egx, and it seriously made me not even care to try. Dair Bair samus vs my jiggly. Now normally I like counterpicks, I love playing counterpick matches as the weaker char cuz its more of a challenge.

But when a style completely shuts out your ability to approach, combo or do anything because of two simple over prioritized easy moves, its just complete bull****. Its not hard to spam dairs and bairs with samus. The sad thing is i know the person playing is better than that trash.

This isn't johns either fggts, there is almost no way for a jigglypuff to approach a samus who spaces dairs and bairs and uses it as a approach and retreat and nothing but. its almost a complete shut down of the characters ability to fight back. If theres a GOOD strategy to counter this, point it out. Cuz I'd truly like to see someone come up with something besides sneaking fairs in.

Samus is too floaty to combo properly, fair has low hitstun and is instantly counterable, Nair cant get through bairs reach without getting punished. Samus' Dair is too quick and has heavy priority over jigglys utilt and smash so thats out too. And simply saying dont pick jiggly is just being butthurt (since you probably cant think of a better strat yourself) like the idiots that use d3 in brawl and tell ppl not to use their chars.

TL;DR, LAWL PPL THAT SPAM DAIR WITH SAMUS R SCRUBZ AND CANT THINK OF SMARTER STRATEGIES BUTTHURT USING OLD THREAD TO VENT RAGE ETC...

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Just faced this in a match on egx, and it seriously made me not even care to try. Dair Bair samus vs my jiggly. Now normally I like counterpicks, I love playing counterpick matches as the weaker char cuz its more of a challenge.

But when a style completely shuts out your ability to approach, combo or do anything because of two simple over prioritized easy moves, its just complete bull****. Its not hard to spam dairs and bairs with samus. The sad thing is i know the person playing is better than that trash.

This isn't johns either fggts, there is almost no way for a jigglypuff to approach a samus who spaces dairs and bairs and uses it as a approach and retreat and nothing but. its almost a complete shut down of the characters ability to fight back. If theres a GOOD strategy to counter this, point it out. Cuz I'd truly like to see someone come up with something besides sneaking fairs in.

Samus is too floaty to combo properly, fair has low hitstun and is instantly counterable, Nair cant get through bairs reach without getting punished. Samus' Dair is too quick and has heavy priority over jigglys utilt and smash so thats out too. And simply saying dont pick jiggly is just being butthurt (since you probably cant think of a better strat yourself) like the idiots that use d3 in brawl and tell ppl not to use their chars.

TL;DR, LAWL PPL THAT SPAM DAIR WITH SAMUS R SCRUBZ AND CANT THINK OF SMARTER STRATEGIES BUTTHURT USING OLD THREAD TO VENT RAGE ETC...
Pound is your friend in this match, I find.
Also, just be really really patient. If you get a dair in samus is as good as dead.

MattNF

Smash Lord

Jesus tapdancing Christ, do you ever stop whining?

And anyway, Isai once said that Samus doesn't counter Jiggly, and I'm pretty sure he knows more about this game than you.

Superstar

Smash Champion
haha old threads get bumped all the time in this section, strange.

UNLOCK MY "WHO ELSE IS NERVOUS ABOUT BRAWL POTENTIALLY SUCKING" thread!!!!!

T_T That thread had like 2500+ replies and all the cool folks like superstar and non scrubs posted there about our worries for brawl prior to its release

and then everyone was like "Nuuu brawls gunna be better than ever best smasgh game everrrr!1"

gooood times.
I miss those days. ;_;

Funny thing is I remember everyone but not everyone remembers me. Bleh.

The offtopic stuff that happened inbetween ebs and flows were the best. The only good topic in the Brawl boards.

Housh

Smash Rookie
If you learn to do a move you use it how ever much you want. Its up to your opponnet to find a way to stop it

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm dishonorable. I must commit sepukku.
LOL

Or

Its 2 scrubs playing in melee, one picks roy for teh phire and for honor and the other scrub picks marth.

The scrub with marth wins, but he has not played honorably by using a better character and using the c-stick for smash attacks, so he must commit

ScrubKKU!

Speaking of marth, that jigglypuff vs samus rant was pretty sad man. That's the kind of thing you gotta keep to yourself, you look ridiculous every time you make a post about how you can't overcome a certain situation.

Also, I think you're talking about samus vs jigglypuff in ONLINE smash. That doesn't even mean anything! Honnestly I think jigglypuff can do way more to samus than you think, and you're not good if you get beaten by consistent, predictable patterns.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Lol dan, On hyrule thats a little impossible :p Too much room to run and take a higher position and space leaving no approach, and fire, counterstyles in 64 are more prominent than a counter pick, since everyone has some form of abuseable combo or over prioritized move, theres no true counterpicks (thus what happened with a simple gay *** style of bairs and dairs to my jiggles)

Tho stages Do make this easier, i.e. mario vs fox on dreamland, thats the player choosing to play like that, not the stage or character. :p But i'm gonna get butthurted at one way or another no matter what i say cuz no one can have a opinion here differing from the general elitist concensus so no johns etc yup yup.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
cuz no one can have a opinion here differing from the general elitist concensus so no johns etc yup yup.
LOL

Drama queen. Something is wrong with you if you lose to a repetitive strategy, everyone keeps telling you this, and it's true.

How about trying to face a REALLY good jigglypuff player (not you) with your samus. I'll bet you'll have a whole list of reasons why samus can't touch a certain CHEEEEP style of jigglypuff playing.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Lol dan, On hyrule thats a little impossible :p Too much room to run and take a higher position and space leaving no approach, and fire, counterstyles in 64 are more prominent than a counter pick, since everyone has some form of abuseable combo or over prioritized move, theres no true counterpicks (thus what happened with a simple gay *** style of bairs and dairs to my jiggles)

Tho stages Do make this easier, i.e. mario vs fox on dreamland, thats the player choosing to play like that, not the stage or character. :p But i'm gonna get butthurted at one way or another no matter what i say cuz no one can have a opinion here differing from the general elitist concensus so no johns etc yup yup.
Maybe he's just better than you?
Any character can beat any other by adapting their style of play.

MattNF

Smash Lord

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Harr harr, your post reminded me that I have an avatar of Xzibit shooped onto a picture of Dr Strangelove on another forum.
Thanks. ^_^

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
LOL

Drama queen. Something is wrong with you if you lose to a repetitive strategy, everyone keeps telling you this, and it's true.

How about trying to face a REALLY good jigglypuff player (not you) with your samus. I'll bet you'll have a whole list of reasons why samus can't touch a certain CHEEEEP style of jigglypuff playing.
I kno your track record and its all 64 elitism so im not gonna get into it with you, if you wanna talk **** dylan, back it up on p2p, not on a forum. :p

and all of you that jump on me continually for my comments, you're just proving me right coming back at me like that. Especially those of you that came after me and butthurted at me on egx. I wont name those people because as a smasher i still have respect for this community, even as biased, single minded as it is. Because I've been here as long as most of you. Like one example, some kid played me and beat me, good smasher most of you would know. barely beat me by one stock and said.

"lOL YEAH HYRULE IS GAY NOW RIGHT MARTH?!" This is the kind of ******** idiocy that gets you looked down on by other fighting communities, including the melee community. Ykno how that kid played? Thats right, played kirby, tilted and camped fsmashes in the pit like it proved something. And tho he was trying really ****in hard. Barely managed to scrape by a victory. The rest of the games he played normally, but that kinda behavior is ****in juvenile. This is why i ****in ***** here so much, cuz its not the EGX noobs. Its people from HERE that come and do this ****. I have beaten every single one of you at one time or another (save for dylan and smoke2jointz cuz we never played) and won. You all got some dramatic plan to fight someone elses opinion? Play me, wether i win or lose is besides the point. Maybe you'll learn im not some noob with a mouth. I could go on but its not worth it.

You got something to prove, cuz i have my own opinion. Prove me wrong.

AIM: Marth taichou
MSN: rainrider@live.com

Bring it. Im done with this forums.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I kno your track record and its all 64 elitism so im not gonna get into it with you, if you wanna talk **** dylan, back it up on p2p, not on a forum. :p

and all of you that jump on me continually for my comments, you're just proving me right coming back at me like that. Especially those of you that came after me and butthurted at me on egx. I wont name those people because as a smasher i still have respect for this community, even as biased, single minded as it is. Because I've been here as long as most of you. Like one example, some kid played me and beat me, good smasher most of you would know. barely beat me by one stock and said.

"lOL YEAH HYRULE IS GAY NOW RIGHT MARTH?!" This is the kind of ******** idiocy that gets you looked down on by other fighting communities, including the melee community. Ykno how that kid played? Thats right, played kirby, tilted and camped fsmashes in the pit like it proved something. And tho he was trying really ****in hard. Barely managed to scrape by a victory. The rest of the games he played normally, but that kinda behavior is ****in juvenile. This is why i ****in ***** here so much, cuz its not the EGX noobs. Its people from HERE that come and do this ****. I have beaten every single one of you at one time or another (save for dylan and smoke2jointz cuz we never played) and won. You all got some dramatic plan to fight someone elses opinion? Play me, wether i win or lose is besides the point. Maybe you'll learn im not some noob with a mouth. I could go on but its not worth it.

You got something to prove, cuz i have my own opinion. Prove me wrong.

AIM: Marth taichou
MSN: rainrider@live.com

Bring it. Im done with this forums.
That's quite a manly leave.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Marth, you're still taking online smash seriously. That's why you end up with these hilarious hissy fits. Just relax and have fun. I'll add you to msn to play sometime.

I remember playing you once actually marth, you didn't john and I never bi*** about ANYTHING when I play online so I doubt you'd have anything less than a fun match with me.

As for win/loss I remember it being about even I think we played on the poke-man stage, I only remember playing you because you did the opposite of what you do on the forums and DIDNT JOHN AT ALL.

Also I don't care who beats who online, I can honestly say I used to care about it but lets face it, console is where it matters, and console is where true smash 64 skill comes out. I'm 100x better on console personally.

Essentially, relax and stop having these hissy fits. I'll p2p you anytime I get a chance (VERY RARE THESE DAYS :p)

Also, you still haven't said anything about the point I made. If you played a really really good jigglypuff with your samus, you would have a whole list of johns for that matchup too.

In conclusion, I kick *** to p2p with because I have low lag and I don't john.

That's quite a manly leave.
LOL 2nd'd

I hate to admit it but I've made some less than manly leaving posts myself on other forums *shame*

all this aside, if you're still reading the forums marth which I'm sure you are this is my honest advice :

Don't let it get ya down man take a break from smash alltogether or something. I know what its like to get taunted by smash players, they're a bunch of f***king morons. Combine 4chan for my "track record" so to speak and there you go.

Best thing to do is keep positive energy. You obviously know a lot about smash and enjoy it so p2p or console with ppl that are fun to play with or learn from. EGX is a sewer, you gotta turn your brain off if ya go there.

Top Bottom