• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i think ERC sounds like a good idea. I'm going to check the availabilities on the Redwood Lounge in Muir as well. I'm trying to get something rollin' I promise.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Great Hall would definitely be a very attractive venue and it's more spacious than the lodge too.. I just wonder how much they'd charge for a venue fee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
<3 THx for the heards up Havok!!

---

So!!

I'll be in SD on July 8, the night before the SoCal Smash Bus takes off. Who is up for a beach bonfire party and smashfest then?

And since something as ****ing awesome as a bonfire takes precedence over a Smashfest (although we could totally STD all the way until the bus starts), where's the best located beach for everyone? La Jolla /Blacks or Coronado area? Are there pits in Imperial as well?

<3 SD for life

---

and totally random, did someone say Great Hall?! Fuggin rapeeeeee! And Ventanas totallllllly ****s over OVT and whatever was at Sixth

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Ventana's blows, even foodworx was better than Cafe V. OVT is ****, no questions asked.

So the Great Hall isn't available to private rent, I'm heading to Muir tomorrow to find out the availability on the Redwood Lounge, speaking of which, how/who did you go to for reservationg there Cao?

Shore's is great, but it's going to be hard to buckle down a bonfire pit unless you're there all day. really big tourist beach, and Blacks is impossible for non-SD people to get to... we'll figure something out.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Foodworx better than anything? Gross.

Redwood Lounge! Inquire in the Res Office in Muir, opposite side of the courtyard the Lounge faces. I may have needed a Muir student to secure it, not to sure though, it's been a while. Oh, we secured it through a VG group called NERD.

LJ shores does bonfires? Wow.

I did a search and came up with PB, OB, MB, Coronado and Silver Strand - for fire pits.

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to talk to Azn_Lep about possibly setting up a tourney for the weekend of the 20th.

ALSO: SAN DIEGO! Caotic is coming down for Genesis, and he's staying at Havok's (Chula Vista Thread) and he's also hopping on the SoCal Bus To Genesis with us. If you guys want to go to genesis, here's your chance. We're also thinking of doing a bus-only option, so it could be cheaper if you don't want to do the hotel.

Check out the Bus Thread, here. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235393
i graduate on the 20th.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Network of Ethernet Ready Denizens

=

NERD of Muir. Cool guys, hold biquarterly LAN parties that host tournaments and casual games for both console, pc, and tabletop cards. Strongly suggest all UCSD students and maybe even nearby folks to check out the LAN parties.

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
SOMEONE NEAR UCSD PLEASE PLAY SOME MELEE TODAY. I haven't played melee out of 805 since January

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
<3 THx for the heards up Havok!!

---

So!!

I'll be in SD on July 8, the night before the SoCal Smash Bus takes off. Who is up for a beach bonfire party and smashfest then?

And since something as ****ing awesome as a bonfire takes precedence over a Smashfest (although we could totally STD all the way until the bus starts), where's the best located beach for everyone? La Jolla /Blacks or Coronado area? Are there pits in Imperial as well?

<3 SD for life

---

and totally random, did someone say Great Hall?! Fuggin rapeeeeee! And Ventanas totallllllly ****s over OVT and whatever was at Sixth
Raaape, we should hit up Karl Strauss again haha.

Yeah, La Jolla has plenty of pits but you usually have to get there super early in the morning to claim one. I'm down though, just firm up where it's gonna be =P

Rickety

Peace and Love
craigslist m4m

Reply to: pers-twotwotwo-1248922267@craigslist.org
Date: 2002-02-02, 2:22AM PDT

Well, it's official: I'm going to Genesis!

Yay!

But, I'll probably only be able to have enough money to enter one event. So,

who wants to train me in Melee?

I'm really bad, but willing to learn!

6'0", 128 lbs (more to love!)
Black hair, brown eyes
Enjoys long walks on the beach
Plays dirty (with Sheik, of course)
I can host or meet you somewhere else!

<3 :] <3 :]

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1248922222

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
***Beach Bonfire meet info!!!***

Wednesday July 8, La Jolla Shores (Around Kellogg Park)
3PM - 8PM

BRING EVERYONE

Phone: 310-279-0017

We'll have Coronado as backup, but La Jolla Shores should be fine

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to play Melee with the French Smashers? They want to see all of San Diego's Best! <3
I think SD is trying to put something together tomorrow (wednesday July 8th) but the bonfire is going on? is there going to be smash afterwards?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i dunno about the rest of you kids, but after a surfsesh + bonfire, i'm usually pretty tired. not too sure how many people are really going to wanna play smash after that

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
whenever the bonfire ends i would imagine, there are a ton of smashers there. I've been trying to get in contact with Azn_Lep (pat) but he hasn't responded to my texts =(. Would you guys (Rickety / Pnoy) be down to smash anyway? I know Jun's place is free.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
Hate to bother you all, but I'm going to be in SD for comicon, and if anyone could give me a place to sleep, I'd very much appreciate it. Please pm if you might be able to do this. Thanks!

Rickety

Peace and Love
According to Pat (Azn_Lep) and David (CAOTIC), the 3:00-8:00 bonfire didn't happen, but they're trying to find someplace else to have it. According to Pat, he was there earlier and even saw Juice! I hope everything worked out well for him!

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
well this kind of fell apart but SD if you're not at genesis lets smash this weekend. I know there's enough of us to get a smashfest going

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
Melee is so hard...

oh well, gl to all of us going to genesis. see you all up there

the french smashers are too good...they pwn me, kinda. haha, ****it richard/kyle, you should be going with us.

Top Bottom