• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
I <3 the Ignore List button.

ISNT THAT RIGHT RICKETY..?!?!?!?!

:D
heee! <3
I don't know what you're talking about :-P
---

Artifex Monthly II Results (Who has tournaments at 7:00 PM?)
Yay Noob tournaments!
40 entrants!

1. Doodles - Link
1. Rickety - Marth/Sheik
3. Antonio Tiznado - Jigglypuff (Baby version of the BOSS???)
4. Justin, the 9 year old Marth sensation
5. Orange Brother 2 - Peach
5. Ramesis - Peach
7. Orange Brother 1 - Peach
7. WayChu - Marth
9. ASP - Mario
9. Santi, the crazy 9 year old DJC Yoshi kid.
9. RadicalDreamer - Marth
9-25 I need to remember :(

Shoutouts to come soon!
<3
rick(ety)

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
oh man, that tourney was.. interesting. gotta love the laggy TVs.

that yoshi kid was crazy! never seen yoshi combo like that before (except Fumi's).

and I think i need to learn a few things from the marth sensation, Justin haha. walk -> fsmash is way too good, especially on LCDs =o!

good stuff people.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Rick change the results to 1. Rickety 2. Doodles
you still won. -__-

haha, that tourney was really funny. Felt bad for owning that 9 year old but... xD he got lucky with the bracket getting up there. Still, that was really fun to watch :D he's awesome

umm, yeah. It was fun meeting everyone and uh. If I seemed awkward and shy when talking to you, it's because I am =p I get more comfortable after a little while though >_>

anyway, see you guys again sometime =)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Justin ftw! That one match was epic where everyone was watching when he played the game and watch guy.

Finals match was awesome. Rick and Doodles you guys are good. Might remember me, Im the crappy peach (Dayz) player with the beanie on. Rick totally owned me, I got repaired to him for my first game after playing the wrong person, first match he 4 stock'd me I think. Good stuff! :laugh:

Rick you really nice and cool. I didnt talk to you doodles except giving you a compliment on the crazy moonwalking (!?) Link at the end when I saw you but you seemed cool to.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
WOW.
RICK.
call me next time.
Stop Being A Poopa Troopa.
b0nez ttly would've drove to that.
congratz d00dles. camp em.
wtf @ zack not keeping the artifex champion title.
???

edit: oh yeah. looks like jon has a 9 year old rival.. LOL.

Awex

Smash Lord
There'll be one last Artifex monthly for Melee. First Saturday of February. Just to let everyone know. =)

Go to that one Gimpy. If you think you can handle Justin. ;)

Naw really, we'd love to have ya and anyone else who wants to join. Send Melee off right. Plus I <3 your vids and would love to meet you. (but I might get to do that at UCSD anyway) :D

Rickety

Peace and Love
"I'm gonna see it because it's called Dragon Wars."

WOW.
RICK.
call me next time.
Stop Being A Poopa Troopa.
b0nez ttly would've drove to that.
congratz d00dles. camp em.
wtf @ zack not keeping the artifex champion title.
???.
Hey blame Vietgamer for not calling me earlier! He called me right before it started! And it was single elimination, it wouldn't have been fun for you to beat me in round one :(

But, hey! I've got to tell you something on aim :] <3333

NOBODY FROM SD WAS SUPER COOL ENOUGH TO SEND ME A PM.

sad status
I sent you that message on myspace not too long ago! Let the record still show that Gimpyfish is still amazing.

<3
rick(ety)

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Unlucky Match up for my first match. Really need to work on not getting so down after losing, at least i got some fun watching Justin play.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Rofl, Artifex was lame. I got 9th?! Haha, yay for getting TWO byes and then losing the only match I got to play all day against a player I didn't stand much of a chance against.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Rofl, Artifex was lame. I got 9th?! Haha, yay for getting TWO byes and then losing the only match I got to play all day against a player I didn't stand much of a chance against.

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
Noob Tournaments are so much fun, well not really compaired to real tournaments, but they are fun in their own way. 7:00pm with 40 ppl, what time did the tournament end?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I have a question. I'm looking into hosting a "Senior's Only" tournament at my school, and since I'm not allowed to buy gift cards, let alone have money as the winnings, I need a good idea for a prize. Problem is, I have no idea who's going to win, so I can't tell anything about the person except that if they are the winner, they are probably a dedicated gamer. Yet, I have no idea if the winner has a certain game or whatever, and I can't buy gift cards for gamestop or whatever. I suggested getting a trophy, but my parents think that's too nerdy or something. I dunno. Would any of you guys be thrilled to get a trophy (provided you couldn't get money) for winning a smash tournament? Any other suggestions?

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
GC controller? I think the trophy idea would be kind of funny actually. It also depends on entry fee stuff like that, how much your willing to put in etc..

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
If its before Feb 10, a reservation for brawl would be nice. Only 5 bucks down or something, and if it's after, copy of brawl would be great, not sure what your budget is here though.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Well, I'm thinking of charging $5 admission, so my budget would really depend on attendance. The Brawl reservation is almost a good idea. The problem there is, I know one kid who has a great chance of winning already has the game reserved. There may be more too. T-T
A GC controller? I don't think so... Kind of drab. I'm betting anyone who's playing in the tournament will have their own anyway, if not more than one. Still, I like Lep's idea. Maybe I could offer a choice. You know, "Winner gets first choice between Brawl reservation, blah, or blah. Runner-up gets next choice, and third place takes what's left if he wants it."

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Right. Money as winnings means gambling to a school. Gift certificates are seen as nothing more than checks. Credit, basically. I specifically asked the principle if I could do that, and he said that wasn't gonna happen. Seriously though, is a trophy a bad idea?

notnarb

Smash Cadet
. Seriously though, is a trophy a bad idea?

Gamecube controller on a trophy pedestal! I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make the controller propped up diagonally :D Sure many people have their own controller, but controllers wear out over time, it's nice to have a controller for when the unthinkable happens

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
LOL at Haze XD

But about your trophy idea, it's a bit corny. I mean, the trophy wont mean much since it's a school tourney hosted by a student, ya know. I like the idea of giving a reservation for Brawl. If the person already has a reservation, then that's just too bad. Or you can also have an alternative or something. A Wii game or whatever.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I think he's just thrown off because he's not talking to you. He's posting in the San Diego thread because he's asking San Diego people. I don't think you're going to drive out of your way for one of our small High School Smashfest's -- By all means, come if you want to but, lets be realistic here. You're just being a spammy cacaface. Poo poo head.

Personally, I relish the idea of a memorable trophy to look back on.
I've always wanted one.
Can you get it custom/engraved?

Like, "I finally beat Saint Patrick in tournament trophy"
or, "Bone 4 stocked Giza and, he finally stopped posting his garbage trophy."
or, "Raging DYNAMOO!!!" (Thats for you Edrees,)
EDIT: or, "I wobbled Bone for 1st." ( for Azn lep)
EDIT: or, "I tried." (for Tony)
EDIT: or, "Sandbagging my way to the top." (Rickety)
EDIT: OR, " My bracket was YLOH -> Sa2Jeff --> Bone ---> Edrees. " (Patrick)
EDIT: ORR, "I robbed them again." (DSF)
<33

Just flourishing you with my brilliant ideas. I'm all for a trophy.
Everyone is just being silly dumdums if they say they don't want one.
Even though it'd take time to get that done. It'd totally be worth every penny.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
well either way i wouldn't be able to go since he posted that it was for his school only.

i don't think the majority of people would pay to enter a tournament where the prize was simply a piece of metal.

LuCKy

Smash Master
I think he's just thrown off because he's not talking to you. He's posting in the San Diego thread because he's asking San Diego people. I don't think you're going to drive out of your way for one of our small High School Smashfest's -- By all means, come if you want to but, lets be realistic here. You're just being a spammy cacaface. Poo poo head.

I've always wanted one.

<33

Just flourishing you with my brilliant ideas. I'm all for a trophy.
Everyone is just being silly dumdums if they say they don't want one.
Even though it'd take time to get that done. It'd totally be worth every penny.
how do you not have a (i got 1st place) trophy in there? lol

Rickety

Peace and Love
I've always wanted one.

EDIT: OR, " My bracket was YLOH -> Sa2Jeff --> Bone ---> Edrees. " (Patrick)
EDIT: ORR, "I robbed them again." (DSF)
<33
Literal LOL.
Everyone's engraving is spot on! :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Bone, I love you. :] <3

Top Bottom