• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
So theres this edm event at UCSD on saturday called "Lets Bounce", and i remember seeing some of u smashers there last year. I was wondering which of you ucsd smashers are going and if you are willing to get me 2 guest tickets and, of course, i will pay u for the tickets. I was told to post here to see if i could find anyone.
edm? wut? this is the first i've heard of it lol.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Hey someone going to Let's Bounce buy Raver two tickets. I know who he is awesome guy if you haven't met him already.

Raver

Smash Rookie
Oh well i found someone to get me tickets already. Thanks to those who were trying to help me out :)

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
No, let's play Melee!
Anyway, I think it's safe to say that UCSD Melee as we knew it is pretty much dead. Outside of WGF, it seems that small, 2-3 person gatherings are the only things going on now.

I blame it on the Lodge being unavailable practically all Fall quarter. haha.

I'm free to play later this evening around 630 or so if anyone is up for it. Although I'm only limited to campus.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
ucsd melee is dyinggggg
Yep

No, let's play Melee!
Anyway, I think it's safe to say that UCSD Melee as we knew it is pretty much dead. Outside of WGF, it seems that small, 2-3 person gatherings are the only things going on now.

I blame it on the Lodge being unavailable practically all Fall quarter. haha.

I'm free to play later this evening around 630 or so if anyone is up for it. Although I'm only limited to campus.
I think it's more than the lodge. A lot of people have graduated (you, George, Miguel, Engdrew) or are their fourth/final year (Sunny, Eric, Kelvin, Ilija, Simon, Jun, Me etc.), and the lack of interest (Yuta is the exception). Melee is still evolving, but do we still care?

:( nooo ucsd melee don't die
Haha, I told you. You're a freshman; you have nothing better to do than to have fun and keep this game alive. Get your entire suite playing.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
The real game that you guys should all convert to is Dota

true story
I would if they put in a low texture option already. Frame rate gets *****, and low res causes eye strain.

/Firstworldproblem

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Dear SD,

Lets bring melee back!

Smashfest tonight at the lodge starting ~6 pm.

There will be at least two three people there, wow! (waists, sunny, wudrew{as of 9:50 am})

Bring wiis/cubes if you are gonna come, thanks!

(assuming the lodge isnt closed...)

Sincerely,

Sunny

:phone:

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Dear SD,

Lets bring melee back!

Smashfest tonight at the lodge starting ~6 pm.

There will be at least two three people there, wow! (waists, sunny, wudrew{as of 9:50 am})

Bring wiis/cubes if you are gonna come, thanks!

(assuming the lodge isnt closed...)

Sincerely,

Sunny

:phone:
You are dumb.
I'll show you waists.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Haha, I told you. You're a freshman; you have nothing better to do than to have fun and keep this game alive. Get your entire suite playing.
I have been actually, last quarter one of them started learning seriously and he's not bad now, I think two more people have shown interest in learning seriously this quarter :D..

shaseim4St3r said:
uhh, its just u guys take too much time studying and stuff. true story.
:( true. this is why i can't singlehandedly keep ucsd melee alive, i need to study @__@

Top Bottom