• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Hey guys !
I'm gonna be in SD on the 19th, 20th and 21st of July, after attending Genesis ! I'll be travelling with Qlex, who was also travelling with me back in 2009 when we went to SD.

We'd be happy so meet local players, be it to play smash or just chill out with them! So, if you are available or anything, please contact us !
Also, if someone could house the two of us, it would be amazing. We haven't found anything in SD yet.

I made a thread in the Pac West Social Room to give a little more information about us, for those who didn't meet us in 2009 : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305278

Thanks in advance, and hopefully, see you in SD !

Jun.

Smash Lord
Sup Slhoka. Wow coming from Spain? SD has a very active scene so you're in luck! What region of SD are you planning on staying at? If housing is a main factor in your planning then you should aim for UCSD area as a lot of our students are in summer session right now and its also the place where the weekly smashfests are held. I'll see if I can get you place to stay, just tell me the dates as soon as possible.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Sup Slhoka. Wow coming from Spain? SD has a very active scene so you're in luck! What region of SD are you planning on staying at? If housing is a main factor in your planning then you should aim for UCSD area as a lot of our students are in summer session right now and its also the place where the weekly smashfests are held. I'll see if I can get you place to stay, just tell me the dates as soon as possible.
Thanks for the advices.
And we are not coming from Spain, but France. Geographically speaking, and considering the distance, it doesn't change that much, though :p

Regarding the place where we'll stay... I'd say... where we'll find housing ? :bee:

Last time, we were housed by the amazing Rickety in SD (I have no idea where exactly), and by the also amazing ~automatic in... Chula Vista I think.

As for the dates of our stay, we are likely to arrive on the 19th. Then, my plane leaves for SD in the morning of the 22nd, and Qlex's plane leaves on the same day, on the evening. Yup, it's pretty stupid but we couldn't get the same flight =/

Jun.

Smash Lord
I'd say the best bet for housing in SD would either be UCSD or Oceanside at Boss's turf for sure. You could even do both since you'll probably pass Oceanside on your way up to OC and Irvine.

Boss is reading this thread as we speak anyways lol.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hi SD :)

Soooooo San Diego, I posted a while back if anyone could house my lady and I.

Well the date we finally got was the 13th and 14th... I know, genesis 2 and stuffs is the day after so yeah.

Would anyone be able to house us just for the night of the 13th? There is a definite guarantee I will want to smash as well.

I appreciate any consideration! :D

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Nice video. I liked the part where Fox was SHL waveshining Falcon across Final Destination and ended it with a shine bair.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Lodge is free, and there's another tv in here. I'll be hanging out till 5:30 to see if anyone shows up. I'll stay for longer if we can get something going.

Rickety

Peace and Love
L-Cancel? What's that?

Michael "the cutie" Guy said:
the biggest problem with san diego's smash scene is NO ONE TRAVELS. it's embarrassing. even ask Pat, it was bad in melee's glory days but the smashers in SD NOW are ever worse. No one drives more than 10 minutes to play and because of that, none of you will ever grow. I love how at least 75% of orange countie's smashers travel to every SD tourney but 5% of SD goes anywhere outside of the ucsd; it's a joke.

I've offered to host smashfest AND I would host a tourney once a month but I KNOW there would be more OC smashers at my pad than SD smashers and that's sad.
Not all of us old-schoolies didn't travel, BOSS!
San Diego's OC3 staff for life! <3

Azn "Bronze and Beautiful" Lep said:
This man speaks the truth. Boss you gotta realize though, for the most part UCSD's had a lot of improvement to do just playing here at UCSD. There were tons of smashfests and always better players to learn from, so there was never a need to travel. Recently however, a lot of them have satiated themselves with all they can learn from our microcommunity, but are unwilling to travel since they've never had to in the past.

And y'know what, it's totally fine if smashers don't wanna travel. There's nothing wrong with sitting back and playing at your own place. The problem Boss has here (and I agree) is when people whine about there being no smash, ask someone in SD county to open their homes to strangers, and then complain that it's too far. Beggars can't be choosers. If you really wanna play and get better, show some dedication.
Pat, Pat, Pat!
Why must you be the most consistently awesome/cool/cute smasher in San Diego? <3 <3

Out of those ghastly shadows said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2YlATUvXg

This Sheik is really an anomaly. Every time I lose interest in smash, I watch this Sheik pull something else ridiculous and think "holy **** I wanna do that".
Azen! My hero, now and forever! <3

The ever-amazing said:
Thanks for the advices.
And we are not coming from Spain, but France. Geographically speaking, and considering the distance, it doesn't change that much, though :p

Regarding the place where we'll stay... I'd say... where we'll find housing ? :bee:

Last time, we were housed by the amazing Rickety in SD (I have no idea where exactly), and by the also amazing ~automatic in... Chula Vista I think.

As for the dates of our stay, we are likely to arrive on the 19th. Then, my plane leaves for SD in the morning of the 22nd, and Qlex's plane leaves on the same day, on the evening. Yup, it's pretty stupid but we couldn't get the same flight =/
Somebody must house Slhoka! He was such terrific company last time around, and if I wasn't so washed up (or have I always been a has-been?), I would do it again with pleasure! He and Qlex deserve to stay with someone who actually knows how to play Melee, though! <3

Engdrew said:
Talk to Jun about it again. I remember he was the one to initially answer. If you really have problems I'll talk to my roommate to see if you can crash at my place.
Hi! <3

--

Hi, MacD! <3

Okay, back to hiding! <3

Slhoka

Smash Lord

Somebody must house Slhoka! He was such terrific company last time around, and if I wasn't so washed up (or have I always been a has-been?), I would do it again with pleasure! He and Qlex deserve to stay with someone who actually knows how to play Melee, though! <3
Thanks for the help ! Even though you can't house us, are you still doing well enough to meet us ? See my facebook message for well... not many more details :p

Also, I'd say I have to disagree a bit with your last sentence : we sure love to play Melee, and Qlex is quite good (for those who don't know him, he's the best Ganon in Europe). But we're mostly coming to SD for the people, as our experience with the San Diego Love was absolutely amazing, last time. So, it isn't too important to us if our potential host cannot play Melee : as long as he's a nice guy, we'll be more than happy :)

Top Bottom