• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
For fusion. I taking Eric and Miguel there. However, unless you're willing to wait for me to finish my other event (which goes really late into the night) I cannot offer a ride back until maybe 12am to 1am. If you know you'll have space on the way back could someone take Eric and miguel back?

I'm pretty sure I did the community training but I'll check again later tonight.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Its way too time consuming to calculate all the matches that are in a SD only tourney. For that reason I'll keep them separate.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Yo Jun did you text me something? It gives me the option to download something 1kb big and I'm reluctant to say yes in fear that it's malicious.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell are jyzzman and pink lolol

Okay to reiterate. I'm taking Eric and Miguel to irvine.

They will need rides back from irvine to sd.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Andrew, its fine, I'll go with ^ instead. We'll discuss secret team strats in the car with the other Mario players at the school. Debut of our double Mario at fusion.

Yeeeee

Also, we're smashing on Friday right? I need to get a few surprises up to par again for the tourney.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Okay --;; gonna need at least one person on my car to make sure I dont fall asleep on the way there. I'll pick up all the tv's at the lodge Saturday morning.

In other news: I need a teammate lol.

Coot

Smash Rookie
Wow.

That guy sucks.

I am not impressed at all. =D

Really, though, I can imagine that being the death of Melee. Ridiculously skilled players (of PP/Armada/Mango level) mastering Fox to the degree that they are insanely consistent with all that technical mishmash in all situations and pretty much dominate everyone else so brutally that all Grand Finals end up being Fox vs. Fox until the end of time.

Or not.

There were no Fox mains in the top 6 at Pound 5.
Granted, Lucky and Jman (arguably the top Fox mains) were not there. However, a Pikachu was in the top four. A PIKACHU!

1. Dr. PP
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. Axe
5. Hax
5. M2K

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

That guy sucks.

I am not impressed at all. =D

Really, though, I can imagine that being the death of Melee. Ridiculously skilled players (of PP/Armada/Mango level) mastering Fox to the degree that they are insanely consistent with all that technical mishmash in all situations and pretty much dominate everyone else so brutally that all Grand Finals end up being Fox vs. Fox until the end of time.

Or not.

There were no Fox mains in the top 6 at Pound 5.
Granted, Lucky and Jman (arguably the top Fox mains) were not there. However, a Pikachu was in the top four. A PIKACHU!

1. Dr. PP
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. Axe
5. Hax
5. M2K

all i got from that was pika pikaaa!

but seriously, is that tas? because if not then WTF?!?!?!

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i just cant get over how much crazy **** he got off on real people lol. i mean that first stock 0-death on the gannon on mushroom kingdom.. if someone did that to me in tournament i'd be in too much shock to even think "wtf" to myself

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
wow.

That guy sucks.

I am not impressed at all. =d

really, though, i can imagine that being the death of melee. Ridiculously skilled players (of pp/armada/mango level) mastering fox to the degree that they are insanely consistent with all that technical mishmash in all situations and pretty much dominate everyone else so brutally that all grand finals end up being fox vs. Fox until the end of time.

Or not.

There were no fox mains in the top 6 at pound 5.
Granted, lucky and jman (arguably the top fox mains) were not there. However, a pikachu was in the top four. A pikachu!

1. Dr. Pp
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. Axe
5. Hax
5. M2k
CC DSMASH ALL DAI

Edit: Added this edit to allow me to type all caps

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
omfg

i think i entered shock when he platform canceled that illusion on dreamland to kill the falco in .5 seconds

wtf was that **** imma watch it again

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure this isnt even tas. he has clearly just editted footage to make himself look better.

also, if that happened to me. i would pause and thank him for the best death i have ever watched.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Update to cars

Sunny - Full (Eric, Yuta, Jesse, Kevin)
Engdrew 1-3 empty? (Miguel so far; note, Engdrew has to stay in Irvine til very late)
Baker - 2 spots, 2 taken

Baker, who are you taking? Gonna add the names to the list so we know the ones with confirmed rides.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Eric
Sunny
Yuta
Jesse
Kevin
Andrew Wu
Andrew Baker
Miguel
Dawson
Ky

so far.

Kelvin is undecided. Yes, I'm calling you out. Jun is status unknown. George will hopefully show but he lives closer to UCI than we do so lol. Dunno who else. David? Tristan?

Jun.

Smash Lord
I'm sick as balls but I'll see how I feel and if I can get practice in then I'll go. I could also drive too.

We have to go eat at The Hat. Its pretty freakin good. Esp you Nor cal losers won't have eaten anything like it.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I am certain George is going.
I am teaming with him.
Otherwise, I am teammate-less.

Also, GEORGE: My Falcon/Your Falco, My Falcon/Your Shiek, or My Falco/Your Shiek ?

I think I have a pretty solid doubles Falco so I don't mind if you go Shiek (or anyone else for that matter just as long as its not Falco). I always feel shaky with Falcon and sometimes end up playing stupidly defensive. I also have a Puff I can pull out for when we get counter-picked to lame stages.

I guess I'm okay with most things just not Falco/Falco. If anything, I can just switch it up depending on the team.

We'll just figure it out when we practice.

Anyway, I hope we all represent SD well!

-Jsser34mxerjrwe3r432

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Dear Jsser34mxerjrwe3r432,

If George and Sunny are both here on Friday, down for teams seriouslies? That goes to anyone, actually. We are also experimenting with different doubles characters. That is to say, we are interested in how badly we can demolish you guys with Mario/Young Link.

Have a nice day,
Eric

P.S. It is also understandable if your day is no longer nice having learned that an eight year old and a fat Italian plumber will be your demise.

P.P.S. On a more serious note, I kinda wanna experiment with Sheik in teams, so that'd be nice. I'm not kidding about Mario + Young Link though. Have fear. Ya'll don't even know ;)

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm going up in my own car with:

Me
Jack of blades
Connor the adult
Jim & watch
and hopefully my friend charlie

-------------------------------------

Also, bone has expressed interest in coming if he's able to make it. So if someone could save him a spot in a car, just in case, that'd be awesome <3

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Eric
Sunny
Yuta
Jesse
Kevin
Andrew Wu
Andrew Baker
Miguel
Dawson
Ky

so far.

Kelvin is undecided. Yes, I'm calling you out. Jun is status unknown. George will hopefully show but he lives closer to UCI than we do so lol. Dunno who else. David? Tristan?
So this means Ky and Dawson are confirmed in Baker's car?

I'm sick as balls but I'll see how I feel and if I can get practice in then I'll go. I could also drive too.

We have to go eat at The Hat. Its pretty freakin good. Esp you Nor cal losers won't have eaten anything like it.
Too much MvC3. Hope you feel better.

jun if you drive ill go in your car, ian probably needs a ride too
Do it. Ian needs to live playing under hype

Dear Jsser34mxerjrwe3r432,
P.S. It is also understandable if your day is no longer nice having learned that an eight year old and a fat Italian plumber will be your demise.
Isn't YL 10 years old? He sleeps for 7 years to become Adult Link at 17. 15 sounds too young :p

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Wow, everyone is going. Lolololol, sorry I can't make it. I probably won't even be around on Friday... goodluck guys.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
geez, good stuff SD coming so deep

this'll be an exciting tourney
I'll refrain from making a childish joke from your sentence. :awesome:

Hopefully the weather will be on our side as well (supposed to rain according to my phone)

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
I am certain George is going.
I am teaming with him.
Otherwise, I am teammate-less.

Also, GEORGE: My Falcon/Your Falco, My Falcon/Your Shiek, or My Falco/Your Shiek ?

I think I have a pretty solid doubles Falco so I don't mind if you go Shiek (or anyone else for that matter just as long as its not Falco). I always feel shaky with Falcon and sometimes end up playing stupidly defensive. I also have a Puff I can pull out for when we get counter-picked to lame stages.

I guess I'm okay with most things just not Falco/Falco. If anything, I can just switch it up depending on the team.

We'll just figure it out when we practice.

Anyway, I hope we all represent SD well!

-Jsser34mxerjrwe3r432
what do you think would work best? my doubles sheik is ok but i have way less experience compared to my falco. i think any of those combinations work well though so maybe we'll just adapt to our opponents?

edit: Gin & Waste. lets **** em up

Top Bottom