• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nah it's not. There's probably going to be only 2 triweeklies until the end of quarter, and 3 exclusive smashfests on Thursday nights.

It's all good =)

Saur

Smash Apprentice
Ah, whew. Because I probably would've gone to all of them religiously and not done any work. Haha

"Exclusive" smashfests, huh? I hope that doesn't entail hazing. I suppose you'll explain how the RSVPing will work though. Can't wait.

Zack353

Smash Ace
About how long do you think that the nightly Smashfests will last?

Edit: OMG On a Thursday? That means I can't procrastinate my week long homework assignments!!! GAH!!!!!

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
[GMC]C2 said:
Thursday=school for me, last day is like June 15th when I promote. Can you make it Friday/Sunday or something clever?
Sorry dude, for the convienence of UCSD students, it should be Thursday :).

Omfg... will I survive living with the lovely Chu Dat for 3 weeks??? LOL

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's a 7pm start onwards. People leave when they've had their fill, and that's usually between 11pm-1am... LOL. UCSD Students will take precedence over other Smashers, so I don't think you'll need to worry Saur.

Once the date gets closer, I'll mention how many extra Smashers I can approximately take and then people can PM or post to let me know they are coming.

The idea is just to have a house sized gathering (no more than 10 people), so we can all play each other generously. I don't expect an explosion of Smashers knocking on UCSD's doors anyway, so I don't think people will be missing out on anything, especailly if they stick around this thread.

I think meets like this will be good for those like Zack, Rav, Goose, etc, because we haven't actually had sessions before.

EDIT - LMFAO @ EDRESS, YOURE TOO FUNNY, JUMPING THE GUN. OF COURSE YOU'RE RSVP'D!

EDIT - PHA, KEN WARNED US TO ROTATE THE GUY. TOO MUCH CHU MAKES YOU GO SOMETHING SOMETHING...

Dodger

Smash Ace
hahahaha, excellent Simpsons reference there Cao. Sorry for the spam, you may now returned to your regularly scheduled tri-weekly thread :-)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hmmmz... can't make the 1st, cause I'm gonna be partying (last day of school YAYUHZ). I can probably make it to the 8th and 15th though. On a side note, YOU guys should come to Escondido though and chill here. We could also go bowling, movies, boomers etc.

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
I can't make it to any of the sessions till after the 15th. You guys should have all through the weekend lol. Yeah, I can just arrange something if I get the smash feever. I've had my fix for today with my crewmate, I may be up for something friday/saturday though.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Hm. 7 pm? I am going to have major difficulty convincing my parents to let me go there at night for a few hours, especially on a school night >.>;;

On an Off topic note thats been bugging me: Speeding up Fox's running grab animation is super hard! How do you do it Pha?? Are you supposed to wavedash? Because that's what I do..

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
You just jump cancel your grab.

Just like how you would do a running up smash. I run and press up and Z at the same time and close my eyese and hope for the best.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Everybody should play fox like me! Jab to upsmash LOL

I need some Escondido lovin

Zack353

Smash Ace
LOL! Massive jab mindgames!

I tried it out.. I wish I had known that earlier, would have made things sooo much easier. Thanks Pha.

x_cal

Smash Cadet
Wow, I've never checked out this thread until now... I got into UCSD, in SIXTH College, and instead I went to UCLA, and now look at this >____________________>

Oh the irony XD

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
chu dat at triweeklies, eh? a true match for the real smash competition, SEXIEST PLAYER! im gonna go get tan.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
The Krogodile said:
chu dat at triweeklies, eh? a true match for the real smash competition, SEXIEST PLAYER! im gonna go get tan.
Good luck, dude... Chu Dat is like The Latino Sesation... I doubt you can beat that with your sexy grillz :laugh: :)

Rickety

Peace and Love
I wanna go to some smashfests! :]

Wow, Dave and Edrees, remember when I met you two at UTC and it was Caos first time here, and we played... and I was even worse than I am now? :-P

My best character was Mario, and not even Doc! No Jigglypuff either!

Lol I never told you this, but after I left I forgot which floor I parked in at the parking lot of Edrees' apartment, so I spent about 40-60 minutes walking around the floors looking for my car :-P

I was afraid someone evil person was following me ready to take me prisoner. Good thing my ever-present muscles intimidated anyone from abducting me :-P

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Lol I never told you this, but after I left I forgot which floor I parked in at the parking lot of Edrees' apartment, so I spent about 40-60 minutes walking around the floors looking for my car :-P
Haha wow! You shoulda called I'd have told ya.

Murder

Smash Rookie
Edreese, very nice tip of the day.
--
*cough*

The last triweekly event was great and it was the first tourny i've ever been to. Thanks everyone, I have never spammed downsmash so much in my life.

Saur and Krogodile -- low tier love<3, you guys were the best team there!

Azn_Lep and Dodger - It was such an honor to get chaingrabbed & up smashed. Thanks again.

Edreese and Cao - inspiration. seriously. oh, cao, it was wang, not wayne. haha. yeah.

Zack - Close one. Need I say more? XD

san diego love!!! hope to smash with you guys more oftenly..!

Zack353

Smash Ace
Are you Mrdr? I'm guessing so because you said close one. Gah! *hates peaches*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah Murder, great seeing you guys. You weren't bad. We'll Smash soon!

Good times, Rick, good times. ^^

jake the boy

Smash Ace
I'm really going to try to catch a train down there for the 27th, taking into consideration that I'm not too wasted from Prom the night before XD

PandaX

Smash Lord
Is anyone from the LA, OC, SB area actually driving there? If so, mind if we carpool and i can pitch in for some gas.

The train requires me to go to LA, which means I need to get to LA to take a train to SD. It's kinda a pain

Zack353

Smash Ace
Wow this thread was on the second page of this board>_>;;

Is Chu going to the next tri weekly or just those meeting things?

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'm going through Triweekly withdrawls!! I gonna have a smashfest on Saturday, and everyone here is welcome to come if they can/able to. :]

But my friend next door is getting ready for "Mitch's Backyard BBQ videogamers ball 4" this Friday, and we usaully play Puzzle League, Puyo Pop, Mario Kart, Pokemon Stadium 2 minigames, SNES vs NES speed runs, and ssbm and smash 64. If anyone is interested I can give you guys directions.

Assuming school/work/errands don't get in the way, then there is no excuse for North County folks like Pat and Wesley Wicked to miss out :]

So if you've got nothing better to do, tell me if you can make it :]

love,
rickety

eddykim1

Smash Cadet
meyoulou said:
But my friend next door is getting ready for "Mitch's Backyard BBQ videogamers ball 4" this Friday, and we usaully play Puzzle League, Puyo Pop, Mario Kart, Pokemon Satdium 2 minigames, SNES vs NES speed runs, and ssbm and smash 64. If anyone is interested I can give you guys directions.
Oh man, I love Puzzle League and SSB64! I would go if I can get a ride.

Rickety

Peace and Love
CoKe said:
Where do you live at Rickety? I might go if there is going to be a good show up and it's not too far...
I live in Rancho Bernardo, which is close to Poway, Mira Mesa, Escondido, etc.

Don't go if you're expecting a whole bunch of people or crazy insane competition (I'm not good enough to provide either! :-P ) It's just going to be a little group hangout at my friends house next door. Eating, games, fun. :]

That being said, as long as everyone is well behaved, the more the merrier<3

So far the only confirmed ones are Tony, Wesley Wicked, PMS, Mitch, and the ever-loveable rickety!~

Top Bottom