• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Brawl Tournamet ~TBD~

Awex

Smash Lord
Oh snaaaaaap Hall. Galaga. Good choice!

Who wants to waste most of their card beating the jurassic park game?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Important

Since im putting this on the Smashboards and All is Brawl the only way you get the free buffet is to bring a confirmed wii! The only person who can confirm it is me which is why im having you guys e-mail me that your bringing a wii so I can keep tabs on who's bringing them. I would just get lost with everyone just posting that there bringing a wii and it would cause too much confusion..... So Im only adding people on the confirmed list until they personally e-mail me and I reply saying Yes!

Thanks again everyone!!!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Rickety- Thanks a bunch for coming out! Again Rick I couldn't have done it with out you! Much Love! <3
Dream, is Ricky going to help you guys out again?
Sweet I can probably make this, so I'll probably show up to run the tournament. Rick you should come too
Yes, I also agree Rick should come. It would be awesome, since i need to get some more friendlies with him (that one with DDD and that lucky trip doesnt count)
Aw, thank you guys so much for the thank-yous and good wishes :]
you guys are all close to my heart <3

Unfortunately, I'm 100% sure that I will not be able to make it to the tournament if it's on the 19th; I have two classes that in addition to Tues and Thurs, meet on every other Saturday, and that is one of those Saturdays from 9:00-4:00 :(

However, Since it's at USD, it's very close to D&B, and since I have an hour lunch from 12:00-1:00, I may be able to come for a few minutes then to say hi and see how everyone is doing. :]

And hey, maybe if a lot of people show up, I may be able to enter singles when I get off at 4:00! <333

I really would like to come and help be a part of running this tournament, but that's okay; I'm very confident that Dreamhack will run a super tournament :] <3

Anyway, thanks for your happy thoughts of me!! :]

<3
rick(ety)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Awesome! Thank you so much Dreamhack! :]
I'll probably be able to leave a few minutes before 4, make it to the tournament by 4, and you can just hold off on my match, although I'm pretty sure that since a lot of people are expected to come to this, Doubles will still be going on.

Oh snap! Maybe I can get Tony to come, we'll challenge people to Street Fighter there :]
Ooh! What about HotD 3 and 4? We can waste our card there :]

Dreamhack, will there be TV's provided like at Gamers Universe? And, if so, are they LCD/Plasmas? If they are, I can bring a Component Cable to get rid of that lag :]

Edit: Yay! No More Skyworld for counterpicks! Now, about that Pirate Ship.... :-)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
As far as I know I think they are but you can bring it if you want Rick. Also if you guys wanna bring Tv's as back ups or something you know you guys are more then welcome, and after being eliminated in doubles because of Skyworld I got pissed off and threw it out of the tournament, LOL!!!!

D

Deleted member

Anyway, It looks like i can make it, but I want to make sure you guys got Dave+Busters to drop their 'People 18 and under MUST have a 21 or older chaperon at all times' thing so we dont have headaches with everyone trying to get in.
Agreed. Some people might be able to pass for 18 but i certainly cant =P

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
when people were getting their money back from the singles, dane said if we put our contact info on some paper, we wouldnt have to pay for the next tourny. im just assuming that applies to this tourny. maybe im trippin.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
when people were getting their money back from the singles, dane said if we put our contact info on some paper, we wouldnt have to pay for the next tourny. im just assuming that applies to this tourny. maybe im trippin.
Oh IDK about that? If Dane said something like that then that was all his call..... but as far as I know your guesse is as good as mine!

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
Dreamhack, will there be TV's provided like at Gamers Universe? And, if so, are they LCD/Plasmas? If they are, I can bring a Component Cable to get rid of that lag :]
Definately bring the Component Cable!

As far as I know I think they are but you can bring it if you want Rick. Also if you guys wanna bring Tv's as back ups or something you know you guys are more then welcome, and after being eliminated in doubles because of Skyworld I got pissed off and threw it out of the tournament, LOL!!!!
People should bring as many regular tv's as possible. There is just enough lag in those hd tv's to throw off people's games.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
The first thing I saw was free buffet and I already want to go to this.

EDIT: Is this supposed to be on TV or something? They did that for Magic: The Gathering before.
Its gonna be Promoted and I think broadcasted over ESPN Radio.... And if your one of the first 12 to bring a wii and confirm it with me by e-mail then you get the free buffet. If not you can still get the buffet for $5. Which is still great!

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Since it's being held at an arcade (and I'm sorry, but I stress the fact of calling D&B and arcade), I hope people aren't scattered all about when they need to be at their scheduled match. Not trying to be the fun police, but it's kinda lame when you're standing there thinking,

"Dude, where the **** is this guy?"

Don't worry, guys. There will be plenty of time afterwards for DSF to hand our ***** to us at the various other competitive games at D&B...

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Since it's being held at an arcade (and I'm sorry, but I stress the fact of calling D&B and arcade), I hope people aren't scattered all about when they need to be at their scheduled match. Not trying to be the fun police, but it's kinda lame when you're standing there thinking,

"Dude, where the **** is this guy?"

Don't worry, guys. There will be plenty of time afterwards for DSF to hand our ***** to us at the various other competitive games at D&B...
Don't worry I think there gonna have a speaker system or something like that so everyone can hear and can know when there matches are happening....

Rex+

Smash Ace
33 miles from C-Bad, eh?
I think my van gets 32 MPG, lol. That'll cost around ten bucks in gas to get to and from. As much as I want to go, I don't think I'll be going anyway. However, if I do I'm definitely bringing my Wii to help out.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
isn't this on the same day as the other two large tournaments? F.A.S.T. and Oregon Mega Games are both on this day, so turnout might be low.

but, if i'm going, i'll bring a wii (you may need more than 12 though)

Samus-T

Smash Lord
idk, last time dreamhack held a tourney they took money out of the winners pot and bought pizza and rebull for everyone >=/

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
is this tournament gonna be as wack as the luna gaming tourney......
Luna Games was thrown together at the last second cause "Scott" the owner of Gamers Universe was shutting it down and didn't even bother to say sh*t to us! So we showed up the day of and threw it together at the last minute! So if we didn't give a sh*t we would've said F*ck it and wouldn't of held sh*t! So don't be busting are sh*t over it!

idk, last time dreamhack held a tourney they took money out of the winners pot and bought pizza and rebull for everyone >=/
Dane took some of the money out cause he had to pay for Venue, food, and drinks for everyone! Again its not like it was a huge deal 1st place recieved $223.20 for singles! Plus you got free pizza, soda, and red bulls!!! So stop complaining!

Samus-T

Smash Lord
uhm if i recall gamble (1st place in singles) only got $120 for first place. they took money out of the pot for the venue, food, drinks, etc. couldve told us they were going to do that instead of saying that pot distribution was 60 30 10 because it obviously wasnt

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah seriously rofl, taking money out of the pot is ********, just charge a venue fee.

i don't mean to talk mad **** since i wasn't there, but reguardless, one can talk sh*t about a tournament all he wants as long as they have a reason lol.

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
they take money outta the pot to buy food and drinks thats pretty gay.

Dreamhack
That's the worst move a host can do.
never mess with the pot money.
don't do it for the next tourney

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
This one should go alot smoother considering how there is already 12 comfirmed wii's. Trying to finish up at luna with only 3 wii's last time was awful.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
K, first of all it wasn't Hack, it was Dane who did the money shenanigans. 2nd of all to those who did go, saw how disorganized the tournament was (luna games) but that was precisely why, Hack didn't know the store CLOSED DOWN. Yea, like its no longer in service, and available to public. DONE. (it happened the day of lol) He has a point! He pulled something crazy out of his a** still got his S*** together and pulled a tournament for everyone!

Perhaps the tournament didn't go as smoothly as everyone liked it to have been but give the man a break.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
k, First Of All It Wasn't Hack, It Was Dane Who Did The Money Shenanigans. 2nd Of All To Those Who Did Go, Saw How Disorganized The Tournament Was (luna Games) But That Was Precisely Why, Hack Didn't Know The Store Closed Down. Yea, Like Its No Longer In Service, And Available To Public. Done. (it Happened The Day Of Lol) He Has A Point! He Pulled Something Crazy Out Of His A** Still Got His S*** Together And Pulled A Tournament For Everyone!

Perhaps The Tournament Didn't Go As Smoothly As Everyone Liked It To Have Been But Give The Man A Break.
Thank You!!!!

P.S.
I don't handle none of the money Dane does all of that! He hands the winners there money and everything! The only time I touch the money is to collect or give back change, Nothing else!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
if u didnt go to this tourney then dont talk about how you hated it or about the money
the tourney was practicall thrown together in less than 12 hours notice of gamers universe shutting down so the tourney was practically improvised. dane handles the prize money hack and rickety(?) just registered charged and gave back change
red bull was free, people got free food and the winner took home a nice amount of cash and its just a game at the end of the day
before you talk know what you are talking about

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
the food being free is the whole point of the issue, super.

wow have you not read the last page? god people are ignorant.

anyway, i'm out of this thread lol.

Top Bottom