• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
i was only suggesting it espy bc i thought you could do really well in it. dat $50 ooc bonus tho

RedGamer

Smash Ace
look at you VC, gettin all aquainted with the dates and such.

Hey does anyone want to play PM this weekend? I have yet to play someone experienced in the game, so come and show me that you can beat me...
anyhow. zhea host every weekend that there isn't a tourney he's going to, so today he's hosting melee and P:M if anyone asks for it. I personally only play P:M for kicks and giggles and not to practice or anything.

theonewhithagun1

Smash Rookie
look at you VC, gettin all aquainted with the dates and such.

anyhow. zhea host every weekend that there isn't a tourney he's going to, so today he's hosting melee and P:M if anyone asks for it. I personally only play P:M for kicks and giggles and not to practice or anything.
Well then.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
another dead thread?? come on, people! hasn't anybody discovered new tech? maybe a matchup idea? maybe dealing with how zelda, snake, and mario are under appreciated, under developed characters that will allow scrubby players to spam spotdodge, roll, and downsmash as they plaese with no punishments? Maybe I should do this myself....

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
my point was discussion. this is a social thread. why aren't we being social?

side note: how would you guys feel about a P:M exclusive tourney? I want you, megafox, kon, and valdens there.

theonewhithagun1

Smash Rookie
Could we do singles, doubles, turbo-mode, and maybe a draft crew battle/ or random map/character tourney? Would this be too much?

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Could we do singles, doubles, turbo-mode, and maybe a draft crew battle/ or random map/character tourney? Would this be too much?
I could've sworn I had replied to this days ago.
I was gonna do a $1 random character tourney like in the SosSucks series.
I don't know why, but I also wanted to run brawl simultaneously. I wouldn't do that to myself though.
as far as P:M is concerned, yah! I might even drop by ooples about getting that back room for it.
Here's an idea: once we get big enough as a city (or region) we could hold a two day event featuring Meler, Brwlz, and PMac. I know for a fact with that kind of exposure we could attract the likes of M2K, and if M2K comes, maybe other top players will as well.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
The pm PR list is waiting on a few busy people. Give about another year or so and I might think about submitting my list.

>:D. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
The pm PR list is waiting on a few busy people. Give about another year or so and I might think about submitting my list.

>:D. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
Haha but real talk, whats the next event that could increase ranking thats coming up?

Zhea

Smash Ace
I'll be updating PM PR This weekend. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to become a panelist, something I wished to avoid.
EDIT: Update on this. After reviewing the lists and the tournaments from that period, I'm just going to skip this ranking period and tie it in with the june one coming up. There was very little data, and even with that all, but one list didn't even appear to be based on Data. I think this is because most of the panelists didn't know any of the brawl scene players and didn't know they were from SA. That being said, I've lost 2 panelists for both melee and PM and have only been able to add 1 in as a replacement. Who here is interested in being a panelist?

Last edited:

f00

Smash Rookie
Just started playing melee again with a couple friends a month ago, I'm not that good, but anyone want to get together and play?

Zhea

Smash Ace
Been struggling with that a lot recently as well. I've come to the conclusion that I could just grind out a bit more Falco/Falcon in that game and be passable, but Roy/MK are appealing and I can't play superior versions of them in melee. Wolf, while my favorite would require me to grind him out and actually learn matchups, and with on one in SA playing PM super hardcore that isn't happening.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
If you want to come over sometimes during the week to play PM, I'm fine with that. Just let me know ahead of time. I don't knew who else is serious about the game but I would definitely like to improve.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
if it's against you guys, I wouldn't mind being a force myself. I realized I have no tech skill in that game and that needs to change.

whenever applicable, I also have a couple of things to sort out as far as the colors that were requested.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I've decided I'm going to try something. I'm going to focus on Fox/Falcon in melee, and in PM I'll do Marth/new character (probably Lucas, Toon Link, or someone else not in melee.)

This will give me confidence in melee without worrying about differences in switching from one game to another. We'll see. For now though I'm setting down melee Marth.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I got 3 lists in total for SA out of 5 panelists. Only one of those had a Brawl member outside of Espy. Since the lists were junk and I lacked Panelists I skipped PM For this period. The results will be rolled into the next one which will happen at the end of summer. I also need PM panelists since Nike and Wes flaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom