• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I hate myself, almost on par to when paw 0 to death me the first weekly.

DQ anyone that moves adapters.
This seems to be an issue at every tournament honestly. The weekly before TGC1 somebody moved my adapter and I couldn't find it until wii u's were being packed up and a lonely adapter was on the table thankfully.

TGC1 somebody just moved it and eventually turned it in I guess thankfully and Xyro had it in his bag.
So yeah, either just have more security (do they have their own people?) or just have some of the more trusted people watch the set ups in the back of like TVs 7-12 and make sure nothing is shifted around, cause since friendlies those're more prone to being messed with when we're all having our backs turned to the opposite side watching the projector.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I hate myself, almost on par to when paw 0 to death me the first weekly.
Lol I think you hated yourself more then.

I played like crap and got robbed.
I honestly didn't care at first from that game 2, I found it hilarious it happened to me and laughed with everyone else and thought I did ok I guess despite doing that stupid thing game 3 tossing my chance to win away in an instant.
But apparently it did effect me enough to SD and ruin my chances of winning.

I can be a ****** and say a multitude of johns like
>3 hours sleep
>nike got me sick so reason I got only 3 hours sleep
>no adapter to practice
but I'm already an idiot either wai and those don't help my case.

I'm bad at this game and knew I waz, I think my skill honestly stagnated after woodlawn 1 after the whole "HOLY **** HE GOT HIS GED, HE'S EXITING THE HYBOLIC TIME CHAMBER LIKE TRUNKS" but haven't done too well since I beat paw and nike that time, and smash 4 wise I just think everyone else will improve while I stay the same.

Either way, I feel lethargic. Waz starving from not eating all day along with tired but then after all that it kinda just disappeared. Tried sleeping past 4 hours since I got back and cudn't, again just me doing dumb things and throwing chances to win away.
Srry for being a stick in the mud mostly to castro and paw.

Maybe I should cave in to the scalpers and buy a adapter alrdy, I'll try one or two more weeklies and if I don't improve den maybe just help nike with the tournaments, maybe even toss my money to a few streaming stuph.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
FCF beat espy, as did Kprime? Was Espy lil mac?
either way gj to both!
Who will dethrone megafox?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just got double ***** that tournament so double ****ty feeling

This time it was a dumb mistake + outplacing Espy for first time isn't satisfying cuz he forfeited.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tho tbh was just kinda half joking bout hating myself. I can get fcf next time.
Just need to actually know how to play against a character nobody knows how to play against.

Kinda like Yoshi :^)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Man, why even move adapters from an open set up to another set up. Just get up and move to the working adapter. In that case, that sounds on the grounds from burglary. It's a damn shame to have hosted 2 SAMs and 9 LoSs for it to have actually occur. Granted we broke our weekly attendance again from 42 to 55, I really hope that wasn't part of the problem for having benefit of the doubt.

Mindless, if you ever need an adapter for a full set up, set it up with my recording equip so that you can get a venue waive and I can practically guarantee no one touches yo ****. Hold up, detain that ************ and let this mini manny pacquiao teach him some ****ing manners jab dtilt dtilt ftilt KOPUNCH style.

and uh don't expect high quality on the videos this time around. i think my laptop was suffering keeping the extended view + streaming + recording going. actually i'm a dumb ass, i should've turned on Twitch TV stream archive and not record straight from my program. probably would've eased up on resources.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Man for some reason I thought WFT gained Shulk's Buster Smash and Shield art from Deep breathing alone but it was just her customs and her Vanilla deep breathing gives her even more damage increase than Buster.

That's crazy, if I knew dis before hand I wonder how campy I would've played. Tho prolly not a good idea since no idea how long it lasts compared to the arts showing when they run out.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Slush we had good matches though, don't get so down on yourself,you'll most likely beat me next time.Also, what's this about espy forfeiting?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
From what he said he didn't feel like playing after losing to k prime cause was getting tired of the game, so he just put his controller down and gave up the match.

As for the adapter situation, how were you gonna tackle this issue nike? Does Otaku have some employees that can act as security or they too busy with their usual job? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Whoever gets Mario party 10 better host something. I was gonna get it but still no online multiplayer

Suspect

Smash Hero
From what he said he didn't feel like playing after losing to k prime cause was getting tired of the game, so he just put his controller down and gave up the match.
Lol why must you guys take this game so seriously. I saw johnny ward rage quit, and that hijynx guy seemed pretty mad after I beat him. Just a game.

I'm the only one that has a reason to get mad after kyle beat me.

Man for some reason I thought WFT gained Shulk's Buster Smash and Shield art from Deep breathing alone but it was just her customs and her Vanilla deep breathing gives her even more damage increase than Buster.

That's crazy, if I knew dis before hand I wonder how campy I would've played. Tho prolly not a good idea since no idea how long it lasts compared to the arts showing when they run out.
Yeah I noticed deep breathing put out a lot of damage. How long does it last? Maybe I should've backed off when he had that.

Did espy forfeit? Can't be giving points away for free

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't have the hard numbers, but Shulk buster is 1.4 and lasts under 15 seconds I believe, but he takes more damage and unable to choose it again for a good while.
WFT is 1.6 damage increase but no drawbacks and not sure on how long it lasts but feels like 7 or so seconds.
I underestimated a lot of things with WFT in terms of invincibility on smashes, the hitbox for projectiles, and thinking she had weight/knockback reduction so I was aggressive to get free damage on her since she wouldn't be going anywhere similar to shulk shield.

But was wrong of course.

Last edited:

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
Lol why must you guys take this game so seriously. I saw johnny ward rage quit, and that hijynx guy seemed pretty mad after I beat him. Just a game.

I'm the only one that has a reason to get mad after kyle beat me.
To be fair, Haijynx was having a pretty rough day already. Everyone is a sore loser to some degree.

I'm okay with my losses to Paw and Castro cuz they were all close and ggs.

I don't have the hard numbers, but Shulk buster is 1.4 and lasts under 15 seconds I believe, but he takes more damage and unable to choose it again for a good while.
WFT is 1.6 damage increase but no drawbacks and not sure on how long it lasts but feels like 7 or so seconds.
I underestimated a lot of things with WFT in terms of invincibility on smashes, the hitbox for projectiles, and thinking she had weight/knockback reduction so I was aggressive to get free damage on her since she wouldn't be going anywhere similar to shulk shield.

But was wrong of course.
Yeah I think I should've ran away when he had deep breathing on. I took a quick 90% or so and that is not ok.deep breath up throw does 25%?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
After I lost my second stock I fullhopped and thought I'd be safe from sun salutation, but it still hit and did Snake f-tilt damage and all I could say was
Oh.

Then I think fair took me to 48%
Oh some more, I now behind.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Did you do the numbers?
Not doubting just wondering.

Cause I checked both boards and it's 1.4 buster and 1.6 Deep breathing. 1.4 has the benefit of being 8 seconds longer but you take more damage and even if you have it for 1 second and cancel out to the correct one you wanted, you can't choose it again for awhile.

Deep breathing is just hoping it's not slow and the fast charge up for the cons.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
League of Shadows 1 Weekly 9 Videos + Playlist is now up. Stressed my laptop hard so whatever videos janks happened yesterday will appear in these videos. Til Santi returns or I buy a new laptop, I'll live.

Edit:
Also attempting my hand at centering and mustering up a revised overlay for the stream.
Overlay Example.png

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest at my place this Wednesday 8:45 til as late as 1:00. I'm up 281 on TPC parkway. Usually small turnouts so lots of singles and doubles practice.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Anyone want to skip the weekly next week and watch VHS at the draft house?

Didn't think so. Going solo.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Deep breathing doesn't increase damage too much, but it does increase knockback significantly. She gains kill throws, some of the most powerful smashes in the game and her ftilt kills around 100 with a bit of rage.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The problem from my side was I was reading 1.16 and read it as 1.6, I blame being half awake when I searched for that stuff.
I didn't find the knockback increase though from their boards, that's interesting.

Also beros that overlay looks good. Test other colors maybe to clash with Otaku Cafe's colors, or unless the colors are supposed to clash with Smashville since we always play that stage lol

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Also beros that overlay looks good. Test other colors maybe to clash with Otaku Cafe's colors, or unless the colors are supposed to clash with Smashville since we always play that stage lol
Overlay should be dark blue and black if youare gonna be league of shadows.
Alright as long there's nothing wrong with the shapes. True about League of Shadows needing to be dark blue hued, though I was thinking more along the lines of San Antonio Monthlies as the main representative of SA's stream series. Otherwise I can also take the smoke used in our YT Thumbnails as well.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
All this talk about my character and how I play her... Is awesome. People trying to study up to defeat me makes me realize just how much of a threat I am with a character no one would usually bother to find out very much about them, due to lack of representation. Castro, that 25% came from up throw -> Uair combo, as deep breathing only adds about 2% damage at most to my attack damage (based on the 1.16 multiplier), but significantly increases my knockback, like a combination of Shulk's buster and smash Monado arts, just without the negative effects of those respective arts. It really makes me happy that I spark discussion about my character. It proves I am making Wii Fit Trainer a viable tourney character that is now being considered a threat, even if only in San Antonio at the moment. Small steps, but I'll just keep coming back stronger and stronger! I look forward to playing everyone each chance I get!
FCF out
(~^_^)~ :172:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think it was either Anti or Ally (one of the A's lol) that used WFT to beat Trela in an online invitational or something, not too sure.
But people really do need to just explore characters beyond top tier and it always helps when people actually do play them to show they're not really low tier compared to actual low tiers like Zelda Samus or Swordfighter.

Found it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom