• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Castro/Valdens/Slush/Lamp can't host, then I guess not. I won't go to Ultra though. Waste of money to do something I can do anywhere else.
:applejack:

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My place has been open almost the entire time I been playing HW outside of maybe 4 or 5 days.
So a month now but only one TV.

Though haven't brought up if anybody wanted to come by cause everyone seemed to favor Ultra tbh not counting Espy.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If someone were to set-up friendlies at Ooples I'd be down to go.

Seriously. If one of you were to bring a Smash 4 set-up down to Ooples tomorrow I'd so be down to come and play with you. I have yet to play the Wii-U version, thankfully Christmas is happening in a few days though, or even 1.0.4 version on the 3DS (yay for bad WiFi).

As for the people that host at their homes. You guys always give late notifications to when your hosting and/or host at inconvenient times for me, like no point going anywhere at 6PM when I'll just be leaving again at like 8PM.

EDIT - Ignore me. I won't be able to go anywhere this week anyway.

EDIT EDIT - Ignore the above edit. I might, emphasis on might, be able to hangout and play Smash somewhere tomorrow. Rest of the week is a no go for me though.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Yea I know ultra isn't ideal. I just throw it out as an option for people to consider if no one is hosting. I'm free tn til late so if someone I know is hosting I would be willing to drive and pick people up on my way.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'm headed to Austin tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday. Tonight is best time for me, otherwise I'll just catch y'all later in the week or the monthly.

Does ooples have a setup or would I have to bring it? And is there a venue fee people would need to pay?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm headed to Austin tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday. Tonight is best time for me, otherwise I'll just catch y'all later in the week or the monthly.

Does ooples have a setup or would I have to bring it? And is there a venue fee people would need to pay?
Ooples is totally free, but you'd need to bring your own setup. They're pretty chill about having Smashers around. :applejack:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll be at Ooples tomorrow sometime, not quite sure what time exactly. Hoping to get there around the 1-2 time-frame but might not get there till later. Though I'm going there for Project M, so there are going to be P:M players there too, I seriously wanna play Smash 4 U super badly and if one of you were to bring it I'll be more then happy to play it with you.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The use to. Not sure if they still do but they probably do still have it. I'll ask someone on the fb page and see if they know for sure though.

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I have a couple old computer monitors with hdmi plugs I could bring if people need TVs. for once, I seem to be free when people are making plans, so I can probably be there around 2, assuming I remember to wake up and not sleep in past 5 again. still, if you need a couple spare screens for set-ups, I can bring them if they're needed.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dang thats late lol. Its really 12?
When I looked up that's what I found. I'm always there after opening time and gone before closing so I'm not quite sure on the times but looking it up it seems to open at 12 everyday. and varies closing between 10, 12 AM, and 2 AM.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Hmm alright I should be there around opening time then

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Parents said I can host stuff at the house while they're away in the Philippines.
I can probably host a Smashfest again like that one time years ago where we kicked Megafox out of my house so you guys could drink.
They told me not to go out cause if I get in a car crash I have no support.
Still going to Nike's anyways.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I'm might be out for holidays and still work Sun-Wed so I plan sometime between Dec 26 and Jan 13.

Depends who you want to support. Nike+Ooples or Zhea+Ultra
Those coming from Brawl would probably prefer Nike since Nikefest Tourneys.

:phone:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I honestly just want to know which event will be bigger/more popular for SA competitive players.

None of us want to drive 3 hours if we can't fight Espy and Megafox.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Espy already made his stance. Megafox could bank if he went to both.
Can't say for sure, but the way I see it is Brawl vets are attending Nike's.
P:M'ers and with Ultra being an arcade could get a decent turnout.
However we did list Nike's for a long time so it should've garnered enough interest.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Why aren't these new tournament just called Nikefests? Or New Nikefests?
Seems like someone with your rep doesn't need to go with a generic name.

Top Bottom