• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's best stages

Deception

Smash Ace
I've been experimenting with counterpick stages for Samus. I've found Norfair and Delfino Plaza to be excellent stages for Samus IMO. They both allow for plenty of spamming room, and you can spike people in the water on Delfino Plaza.

I would like some feedback from the community to see what you think are Samus's best stages.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Lylat Cruise and Battlefield for platform cancelling. Stadium 2 also gives Samus a greater advantage against Snake.

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
You play with Blue Samus too Deception? Cool.

Yea, my favorite stage with Samus is Norfair. I can spam, use the multiple ledges for mind games, and dtilt kills very early on the top platforms.

Oh, and when fighting over the "safe room", spamming up+B is cheap but very effective.

I also like Lylat Cruise, but if I want the advantage I would definitely pick Norfair.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Samus loooves platforms, so Battlefield is a great choice. Frigate Orpheon isn't a bad idea, depending on your foe's recovery. Norfair is also a good pick, if your tournament allows it. Lylat is pretty good, if you have good luck with the stage's tilting. The height of Lylat's platforms are perfect for Samus. Only CP this if you're used to the tilting. Lastly, there's Green Greens. Once you get used to this stage, you either hate it or you love it. I'm one of those people who loves it. Samus gets superior ground no matter where she is on the stage.
Here's another thread by me where you might get some good stage ideas: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189556

If you're good at platform canceling, any stage with moving platforms will assist you in using Zair effectively.

Overall, Battlefield is your best bet.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
because samus is so tall, platforms leave people very vulnerable to utilt, screw attack, missiles coming from below, and aerial juggles. and the platforms help her approach against characters with straight firing projectiles, such as falco.

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield all the way.
The platforms make life easier if you are Samus.

Screw Attack from ground levels off with the top platform, so there is less lag on that.

Where you start out is pretty nice, there are a lot of options to do with dropping down from the platform.

Missile cancel is awesome there. Just go from platform to platform MCing.
Jump up, Mc, go down, Mc,

Also, when dropping off one platform, it is a good level to fire off two super missiles.

Zair hits around the lower platforms.

Platforms are great for Samus.

Yep.

Hive

Smash Lord
yea, battlefield is def a samus playground ^^
not a big fan of norfair though :(... I find it hard to space... and if I remember correctly zairs home in a lot to the edges...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
yea, battlefield is def a samus playground ^^
not a big fan of norfair though :(... I find it hard to space... and if I remember correctly zairs home in a lot to the edges...
If you're on the opposite side.

_......._
.._.._
...._

Within those platforms, z-air does not attach to any of them. If it's on the outside, then yes, that's different. Actually, Norfair seems to suit Pit.

Hive

Smash Lord
hmmm maybe its just japes where zair keeps homing? that level sucks :(
I still don't really like norfair though as a samus stage... she can play the ledge a lot though which is kwl, but spacing is way too hard

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Battlefield, Smashville and Lylat Cruise. Samus is really awesome on those stages. I also found pictochat to be pretty cool

Hive

Smash Lord
How about FD? I know the level is pretty straight forward, but I always thought it was pretty good for samus because it allows a lot of offledge game, a lot of room for spacing, and it forces your opponent to approach horizontally...
battlefield ftw though...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How about FD? I know the level is pretty straight forward, but I always thought it was pretty good for samus because it allows a lot of offledge game, a lot of room for spacing, and it forces your opponent to approach horizontally...
battlefield ftw though...
Final Destination is all right. Characters who don't have multiple jumps are hindered by the lips of the stages sometimes. This is why stages like Battlefield or Smashville are good for Samus. Sure, there's also that strange glitch, which allows you to use your Up+B again if caught under the lip, but that doesn't always happen. It's also a bit easier to pull off z-air from the edge on Battlefield and Smashville, versus Final Destination.

Hive

Smash Lord
I hate jungle japes because your zair homes into the sides as a tether a lot...
and its a little hard to space :( IMO
its not her worst though...

0RLY

Japes is a bad samus stage.

GUYS!!! HALBERD IS THE AWESOMEST STAGE FOR SPAMMING! You can ledge camp zairs and poke people's feet until they run away like pansies. AFTER THAT YOU CAN SPAM MORE MISSILES/UNCHARGED SHOTS TO MAKE THEM COME TO YOU. Then you can repeat ledge zairs/missiles. The 2nd part of the stage isn't THAT awesome though... The ceiling is lower so you can get some 110% dtilt kills. Though a 70-80% Fox usmash sounds more appealing.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
norfair for up b/zair/fair and general platform ownage

battlefield for general zair

delfino is good for campy samus... i hate playing campy so i don't like there lol

pokestadium 2 is a great idea but it's kinda annoying, but yea
wind stage is awesome for zair/missiles/bombs, conveyor belt is awesome for zair/projectiles, rock stage is... meh campy, ice stage is projectile/zair awesome..

pAce

Smash Cadet
Norfair seems like a good stage for Samus to me. I have a habit of dropping through the platforms and spiking opponents trying to recover under them and generally spiking them into the lava too, which is good for a bit of extra damage.

0RLY

Norfair is mainly for tether dependent characters, like Olimar and PT. Samus should be better off on other stages where you can return to lower ground whenever you need to. Norfair doesn't let you do that as effectively. A stage shaped more like Battlefield would be superior.

pAce

Smash Cadet
I like Battlefield and choose it fairly often. It sometimes seems to work against me, though. A character like Olimar makes it difficult for me to get any breathing space. The last Olimar I played I praised for screwing up my game so badly.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
when playing samus ditos today on green greens i ran across some pretty awesome combo. i was in the middle section and my opponent on the right island charging up his charge shot. i missile canceled a homing missile and fired of my fully charged shot right after. the missile hit a bomb in that cluster of blocks and made everything explode, the charge shot then made his way :D after the game i got told he didnt even saw that coming. he wasnt expecting that to happen and with the lot of explosion at the cluster he didnt even see a shot (he heard it though). so if you ever play that stage you might wanna keep this in mind for a suprise. i wouldnt try using this more than once though, it kinda was something that he wouldnt forget too fast lol. mindgames!

.sin

Smash Rookie
Norfair is mainly for tether dependent characters, like Olimar and PT. Samus should be better off on other stages where you can return to lower ground whenever you need to. Norfair doesn't let you do that as effectively. A stage shaped more like Battlefield would be superior.
Fortunately for samus, samus has a tether as well....norfair is extremely fun to play with samus....its almost like watching an ape swing from tree to tree..except replace the trees with platforms...samus' awesome recovery with bombs allows her to float and stall a bit over the lava...possibly to bait opponent or to grab another ledge....samus' floaty nature also gives her a huge advantage over the stages lava....there is no doubt in my mind that samus' arials are great especially her bair and dair....dairing or bairing into lava is the most enjoyable thing about that level lol. Unfortunately i always end up losing when i play that level with samus lol..mainly because i have way to much fun fooling around with the ledges and samus' tether lol.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
ya FD is bad unless you're good, Japes is pretty bad

yoshi's Brawl island is not good for me haha, I can't ledgehop fairs effectively because of the bumps

Halberd is meh, lol, it's just a lame version of Delfino for Samus
and the varying heights really can screw Samus up

Top Bottom