• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus MU Thread

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Missile Canceling just autocancels upon landing and makes you go into hard landing aka empty landing. That's when you just do an empty hop and land. It's 4 frames.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably the same as Fox and Falco laser: 4

Edit 30 seconds later: wtf monk your post just now showed up

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
IIRC, missile cancelling has "no lag" as in the lag of a missile cancel is the same as Samus' regular landing animation, which I believe is 4 frames. Most moves which have "no lag" actually put characters into their regular landing animation which still has some, albeit very little, lag.

Kati

Smash Lord
gotcha. I thought so, but even knowing that just landing has 4 frames is good to know.

Thanks all!

SSS

Smash Ace
Kirby, Ike, Snake?

Which of those matchups, if any, are bad for Samus?
Which of those matchups, if any, are good for Samus?
If you had to order them in preference, what would you order them?

Also some why's please.

EDIT: Also Mewtwo.

Last edited:

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Kirby can chain grab samus to killing potential from 0 percent. Its pretty bs. Happend to me in a tourney. My friend just picked up ike so im not very used to the mu, which is needed because ike can be played quickly and he has excellent reach. I played the mewtwo mu in melee. Havent had much experience in pm. But I feel like ike wouldnt be hard to get used to. Just read the distance and react. Keep missiles and mines because ikes side b will be used a lot

Litt

Samus
Think about kirby is that she will be primarily in the air for most of the match, so it wont be easy to grab samus, just space with ice fairs and zairs and while yes it may be a campy match, you wont get chain grabbed to death

SSS

Smash Ace
Kirby can chain grab samus to killing potential from 0 percent. Its pretty bs. Happend to me in a tourney. My friend just picked up ike so im not very used to the mu, which is needed because ike can be played quickly and he has excellent reach. I played the mewtwo mu in melee. Havent had much experience in pm. But I feel like ike wouldnt be hard to get used to. Just read the distance and react. Keep missiles and mines because ikes side b will be used a lot
If the chaingrab was dthrow-->jab reset-->regrab then it's because you're not teching the dthrow.

SSS

Smash Ace
I don't know anything about Kirby in PM. Can Kirby chain grab?
I main Kirbstomp and the only one I know of is dthrow-->jab reset-->grab, but it only works if they don't tech the dthrow. Otherwise it leads into a wonderful techchase that might lead into another grab, but usually just leads into dash attack, which pops them into the air for moar comboing.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so it's like in Melee, but better frames then?
On topic, I suspect Kirby can duck under our super missiles just like Puff. I don't know if Kirby's falling speed or weight is changed, but otherwise, we can counter this with homing missiles, Dair (to force a tech chase) or Dsmash at low % (to hit twice perhaps?). This is how I handle passive Puffs in Melee using either homing or supers to cover my approach.
I don't know anything about Ike.
I won 2-0 against a Snake last tournament. I don't know much about the matchup, but I felt they had troubles coming back on stage vs me. Charge shot is great against their upB. Snake is a large target, so they may have a hard time with our missile spam.
Mewtwo now reflects projectiles, so it's not as easy to camp him as in Melee. Lucky their reflect is laggy, so we can punish read reflects. Shoot a missile and jump to Dair for a heavy punish. I treat reflecting space animals this way too.

SSS

Smash Ace
On topic, I suspect Kirby can duck under our super missiles just like Puff. I don't know if Kirby's falling speed or weight is changed, but otherwise, we can counter this with homing missiles, Dair (to force a tech chase) or Dsmash at low % (to hit twice perhaps?). This is how I handle passive Puffs in Melee using either homing or supers to cover my approach.
I won 2-0 against a Snake last tournament. I don't know much about the matchup, but I felt they had troubles coming back on stage vs me. Charge shot is great against their upB. Snake is a large target, so they may have a hard time with our missile spam.
Mewtwo now reflects projectiles, so it's not as easy to camp him as in Melee. Lucky their reflect is laggy, so we can punish read reflects. Shoot a missile and jump to Dair for a heavy punish. I treat reflecting space animals this way too.
Lol a reflecting space animal will shine cancel nair you in the face

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
If the chaingrab was dthrow-->jab reset-->regrab then it's because you're not teching the dthrow.
??? There was no. Jab cancel. He literally only did down throw. Samus isnt a heavy faller so after being thrown into the ground, which if you can tech that then I didnt know, and grab you again before you can react. I want to say that I gout out of it at about atleast 50 percent. Just try it on samus whenyou can. After a certain percent theyhave to read your di but you can still be grabbed

Edit: jab reset

Litt

Samus
Mewtwo in melee could reflect projectiles jerkphil...

Litt

Samus
I mean ness's baseball bat reflected projectiles but most of the time, it was easier just to dodge them

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
As a Kirby main and a P:M Samus enthusiast, I also think Kirby has a pretty good time against Samus. I don't know about any CG (I would think DI would prevent any 0-to-death CG), but I do know that dthrow reliably sets up for a lot of stuff, including usmash, I believe, and Kirby's grab game is incredible. That's really a big problem for Samus. You can try to use homing missiles to counter crouching Kirbys, but Kirby can just avoid or simply attack through those. He can also crouch a bunch of other things, including zair I think. On top of everything else, Kirby can also gimp Samus pretty easily. If I had to put my finger on a number, I'd say...60:40 Kirby's favor.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Have you experienced it?? It happened to me while I was trying to di and do everything else I could. I over exaggerated a little about the percent but it gets you to about 60 if the kirby reads the di. Just try it out im telling you.

Top Bottom