• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Community Combo Video Thread - COMPLETE - Video Link in OP.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
KJ, sent you two more replays.

1. Samus vs Lucario: First stock bomb>spike, and pulling him into a MCed super missle via grab on the third stock among other little things as usual.

2. Samus vs Snake: (sorry for the long pause in the beginning) second stock, ever dreaded MC super missle>full CS. Third stock 0-61 string. I get a good number of pivot grabs in this one.

I seen to have an uncanny skill of prediction because i have been landing a good amount of pivot grabs against good and decent players recently.

I will send some more tomarrow.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Pivot grabs don't require that much prediction. They just get scared when you run through them and shield = free grab.

Lol that is my point, but it is more predicting an air dodge or using a pivot grab to get out of range of one of their attacks while grabbing them. I say it because i have had a lot of problems predicting in the past up till recently

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
That's because you know your opponents by now. It'd be bad if you couldn't predict the people you play with most of the time.
I can now. I didn't have the skill for it in the past but now can predict resonably well. I have always been able to easily analyze someone's playstyle whether I have played them before or not, but it wasn't until like maybe a month ago that i started to develop the skill of acting upon my correct predictions

This is the community combo thread, not the I <3 myself thread.

Give me more clips or get the hell out of my thread.

/kjrage

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
This is the community combo thread, not the I <3 myself thread.

Give me more clips or get the hell out of my thread.

/kjrage
Now i am sad :(

I meant to send more today but i was too busy. I will send at least 2 more tomarrow ;)

*EDIT*

I sent you some more replays KJ

1. Samus vs TL on FD: First stock shield break>fsmash>grab, plus a other things and dtilt third stock

2. Samus vs Marth: First stock kill, second stock fair>utilt>CS, second stock kill

3. Samus vs Kirby: First stock lots of zair finished by a dair spike at the ledge.

I still have some that i want to send to i will send them as i can ;)

This is not the place to ask for friendlies, nor is it the place to double post.

Zaad, I have not begun editing yet, I have been at my smashfest, my computer has recently broken as I have stated and I have about 60 replays to go through. It will take a while, but it will get done.

Okay an important update:

Clips are NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED, I HAVE ALL THE CLIPS I NEED.

Music for the opening and base 2 sections of the video are open, I have looked through the suggestions so far and they have not been approved by the community, they therefore, do not go through. Please give some more reccomendations.

Recording has been done for some clips, but will take ALOT longer.

Estimated Release: July/August

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
do u have my double spike on mk or do i need to send it to u agaain?

I ripped it from Youtube, so it's no matter. You won't need to resend any clips, the only person who may need to is ZAAD because the format he used was unreadable.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Hmhm, I'll send you a new format for the clips KJ. In what format would you prefer them?

Also, please use ZeroL in the video instead of ZAAD. Thanks in advance.

Okay fine,any standard and general format will do nicely

WMA, WMV, AIV, MPEG, MPEG2 etc etc

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
KJ can I be in this? If we used the footage of my Samus from the expo I think the whole world will be VERY impressed by my samus. Don't ya agree?

Your Samus was diabolical beyond words and it would actually hurt to put your footage in this video.

And on a more positive note, I've looked through most of Muz's replays, all of Omegas and I'm gonna get around to rerecording the lost footage soon enough.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
KJ, i sent you one last replay for the video.
I actually have already sent you a PM regarding the replay but you never responded to it, but this is the last replay i am submitting

Pikachu first stock, thrown into a Falcon Punch
Pikachu third stock, thrown into a Falcon Punch again
Cap. Falcon and Pikachu lasts stocks, 2v1 double spike for the match win.

I also have some music suggestions.

Opening: MP2 Title song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Jnua9YjL4&feature=related

I feel it gives that slow intro that makes the rest of it flow and feels like the perfect opening to me.

Base 1: MP3: Rundas Battle theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

IMHO, a very epic song that would fit very well into the video, especially at the 1:00 mark because that is when it gets particularly good.

Base 2: I don't have a base 2 suggestion yet, but perhaps the final battle vs Metroid Prime in MP1 since it gives that whole epic finisher feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42A3uigYXsQ&feature=related

As an alternate Intro song, there is also the Flaahgra fight from MP1 since while it does have a bit of a creepy but slow beginning, it builds into a much better portion. That "building" effect is what makes me think of it as a good intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnrH30411A&feature=related

What can i say? i think the MP series has some of the best music, and i fits since this is Samus we are talking about :D

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Eh, using only Metroid music is kinda... over the top fanboyism. I haven't seen the Link or Ganon boards using their respective game music. Perhaps an OCremix is good for this, OCremix is always good!

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Eh, using only Metroid music is kinda... over the top fanboyism. I haven't seen the Link or Ganon boards using their respective game music. Perhaps an OCremix is good for this, OCremix is always good!
Lol yes OCremix is always good :D
I have always just had a thing for Metroid Music, it is always just plain good. I haven't heard a single Metroid soundtrack that i didn't like in some way and the bst part, it fits, like really well.

I may try to find other suggestions not all Metroid based, but that may take a while of finding it :D

If anything, my biggest suggestion is the Rundas theme because that has to be one of the best songs of the series

I don't think it would hurt to put in a single metroid song, but tbh, I'm really not a fan of any metroid songs outside of OC remixes.

ZAAD thanks for the AVI format, much appreciated.

Today I'm going to look through EVERY replay that Muz has sent me, get loads of footage from that, then rip some of Xyro's videos, later on I will proceed to re-record IsmaR's.

So yeah, a lot of stuff will be done very soon, then I just have to edit and hey presto, it's done. I'll be sending a copy of the video to Xyro so he can upload it as well if he wishes.

Xyro77

yea, if u gave me a copy of it that would be great. thank you.

can you give me a guess as to how many clips each player has?

yea, if u gave me a copy of it that would be great. thank you.

can you give me a guess as to how many clips each player has?
Okay cool, I'll send you it as soon as it's done.

Nobody has a strict average, some players have FAR more clips then others, but it's looking around this amount in terms of time:

IsmaR: 1:30
KJ: 1:45
Xyro: 1:45
Muz: 1:05
Omega: 0:30
ZeroL: 1:30

That's just a very rough estimate however, since I have not ripped everything of yours yet Xyro, and I still have to find/rip my own footage as well. Zero's is confirmed, as is Omega's. I'm currently 1/3 of the way through Muz's clips and IsmaR's is confirmed as well.

@Zero, sure thing.

Okay guys, I need music, but I have some guidelines on what you should look for.

No Lyrics
Little to no heavy guitar
Fast paced
No Metroid songs
No songs from Brawl's OST

Xyro77

Since your okay with it, the first MMx4 song, Cyber Peacock Stage has been selected as the base 2 track, we now have all four songs required for the video.

Now you all just have to wait for me to stop being lazy ^^.

Please I prefer KJ.

The editing may take a little while because I'm struggling to retrieve some old software, no worries, the video will be done by the end of the week HOPEFULLY.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Please I prefer KJ.

The editing may take a little while because I'm struggling to retrieve some old software, no worries, the video will be done by the end of the week HOPEFULLY.
A week? Wow that was quick, even if it just hopefully still.
I will search around for some music but Xyro pretty much did that already. I may have an idea for one but we will see.

So you got my last replay then? The dubz one.
Lol, of course i came in last so of course i have the least amount of footage, too bad i didn't join this earlier :D

Those are rough estimates, but yeah, you have the least amount of footage, that is not to say it's not good, just not a whole lot of it there.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Am i too late? .__.
**** my tardiness at the most inconvinient of times...
Using Samus in memory of my man Cherry, wherever he is...

Am i too late? .__.
**** my tardiness at the most inconvinient of times...
Using Samus in memory of my man Cherry, wherever he is...
If you can get some clips to me within the next 24 hours, then your in, because I'm recording everything, organising all the clips into their respective players folders and then the editing will begin.

Xyro77

No offense to anybody but if u dont at least 2nd samus...you shouldnt not be allowed in the video. Cause our combo video becomes "random people who dont use samus are welcome"

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Don't worry, you can ask friends: Main:Falcon or Sonic, Second: Samus or Mario.
I'll try to get the clips i want by tomorrow.

I just want to make something clear with everybody, so there are no upsets or whatnot.

Regardless of how many clips you submit, whether it be 5, 10, 50 or whatever, you are NOT guaranteed a clip/spot in this video. It is entirely my choice what goes into this video, and my standards are stupidly high, so stuff like bomb > dair DOES NOT GO IN.

Kay now that we are on the same page, a quick update for you all:

I have looked through every ones clips (except my own)
I am currently recording IsmaR's, Muz's and Omega's clips
I have ALL the footage needed from Xyro, recorded and organised.
I have ALL the footage needed from ZeroL, recorded and organised.
My footage has not been done at all because I'm doing everybody elses.

At the moment however, it turns out my editing software was not properly cracked and therefore, I have to find a different way to obtain it, I am not sure how long this will take, but I will get it done asap.

Estimated date of completion: 20th June

I thank you for the compliment.

Oh by the way, was it ZeroL or just Zero you wanted your name to be for the CV? Same to the rest of you, what do you want your names to go down as.

Atm it's looking like:

KillerJawz - KillerJawz
Xyro77 - Xyro
IsmaR- IsmaR
ZeroL - ??
Omega_Dragon - ??
Muz - ??

Top Bottom