• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's whiteboard team.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Today on this July the second at 4:49 A.M. Central time, Sakurai totally tweeted some hot Smash whiteboard drawings. Super FOG said, "And it seems much more like Hearts of Kid Icarus than Heart Container item." Anyone notice Master Hand and Crazy Hand?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Would we be looking too far into it if we called this a confirmed list of characters thus far? Now I know people are going to say these were obvious characters that were going to be in Smash 4 but honestly I wasnt 100% on Mr. Game & Watch and that would be news to me if this confirms him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does this confirm Mario for SM4SH?

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
This is just a doodle. It confirms NOTHING!

And it seems much more like Hearts of Kid Icarus than Heart Container item.

Luckily Sakurai snapped a photo of this. I can imagine the mercy for erase this.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Would we be looking too far into it if we called this a confirmed list of characters thus far? Now I know people are going to say these were obvious characters that were going to be in Smash 4 but honestly I wasnt 100% on Mr. Game & Watch and that would be news to me if this confirms him.
I'd be shocked if any veteran who made it back to brawl gets kicked out in smash 4. Game & Watch isn't going anywhere.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Kirby is just a ball with eyes. He's not that hard to draw. He would make drawing a picture like that easier if he takes up a lot of the space.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
one thing worth noting is that only the Pikmin is in the picture, not Olimar.

along with him not being one of the playable characters in Pikmin 3, the "New Captain" rumors are gonna go nuts now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we can all confirm that the graphics of this game already look better than the graphics of Super Smash Bros. Commodore 64! :laugh:

But for real, it's not like we didn't know these characters weren't going to return as playable characters.

Still, I wonder if anything in the game will reference this picture.

I wonder if anyone has been stoopid enough to say "zOMG! PICTOCHAT STAGE CUNFIRMED!" without remember that a PictoChat stage was already in Brawl! :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
despite this picture NOT confirming anything, we can all agree that these characters will very likely make a return in the next game...

hmm... Kirby and Pit are quite noticeable to spot... one really has to wonder why...
I'm being ironic, by the way.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
This was probably a doodle one of the Dev team made and Sakurai was like "Oh this is cool!" and twitpic-ed it and gave a critique on it. Most likely reason. Unless he made the drawing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wario Ware Wario haters gonna hate dat worthless down smash (should be the Project M ground pound punch) and dat dumb side B (dat Project M shoulder bash!!!!)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually Wario's Down Smash is very useful. Did you know it refreshes all of your attacks after you use it?
Really=??? That's stoopid. LOL Brawl logic! :chuckle:

What I meant was that as an attack it is useless, because of it's small range, hit boxes, and how long it leaves you vulnerable.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that the hand above Mario's head is Donkey Kong's hand.
Also, did anyone else notice that Wario is putting something inside his mouth ? Like a cake or something ?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, Meta Knight can fly on that poster.

Even in posters, Meta Knight is broken! :laugh:

Side note: I seriously hope he sucks some basketballs in Smash WiiU and 3DS so all the drone Meta Knight Brawl kids stop being unoriginal...

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
So because Meta Knight was broken in Brawl, he should suck in Smash 4? What about the people who actually like Meta Knight?
I know you're probably joking, but still ...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, that way they can just stick with whoever ends up being top tier in those games.
Brawl Meta Knight rewards "competitive" players who don't have much of a technically, strategically, and fundamentally grasp on the game by granting them the ability to just "press A to win" or "run away and attack when chased to win" option. If the Smash WiiU/3DS developers kept Meta Knight's play style the same but made him sucked, we'd really see how many Meta Knight players truly play Meta Knight because they enjoy playing Meta Knight or like his play style. Seeing the results of such an event would interest me.

Also, if a technically, strategically, or fundamentally advanced characters are the top tiers, most of the "competitive" Meta Knight drone users won't use them.

I gotta disagree with that John. Even though meta knight is a pretty lame character he does have a strategy to him. The only problem is that he has a stupid strong up b and a neutral b with too much priority. Combined those two features causes him to subsequently "dumb-down" the game. While he has the advantage in most match ups he still has a few issues. What needs to happen is everyone needs to get buffed so that each character can coo exist within the same engine with a fighting chance. Emphasizing on nerfing spreads the idea that the rest of the cast doesn't require modification.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Eternal phoenix Fire
My idea was just to see who really enjoys playing Meta Knight, and who just plays him to win. Seeing the results of that would fascinate me. That's the only reason I said that. ;)

Really :metaknightbrawl: as a whole doesn't dumb down the game. His 3 or 4 way OP moves do, however, really dumb down Brawl. :metaknightbrawl:'s lack of weakness (like :pikachu64:) doesn't help, either.

Really, what Smash WiiU and 3DS needs is A LOOOTTTTT more feasible and useful offense than Brawl. Brawl's offense (in terms of combos and high priority kill moves) was non-existent, saved for the best characters, a few chain grabs for some other characters (which was lame), and a few tech chases (which were nice to have).

keero16

Smash Rookie
Considering that Meta Knight is aiming to be the strongest warrior in the galaxy or something in the Kirby games.... it makes sense to me why he was and will probably forever be top tier. But I do agree he needs to be toned down some.
But I love the art in the white board image. And although it was probably obvious, I am glad to see Marth. Fire Emblem characters are in a weird situation when it comes to Smash.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On Meta-Knight:
1)Like all the characters, he should be balanced
2)People will always go for the top tier characters.

Top Bottom