• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai To Host Video Presentation On Smash At E3 2015!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Adventure Mode?

For Glory Stock Team Battles?

Tournament Mode?

Boss Battles?

IceMario01

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarioLinkFan01
This may be stupid, but do you need Lucas to get the new update and the miiverse stage????

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
After seeing that it's supposed to be about the Lucas update, and with the time looking like it will be a 20 minute presentation, I wonder - could there be a secret element to the update they are saving until then, like Tournament Mode?

I mean think about it, so far, all that's been confirmed for the update is Lucas, Splatoon costumes, and the Miiverse stage - that really doesn't warrant a 20 minute presentation to explain all of that, since let's be honest, we know how Lucas is gonna work more or less, and the other stuff is self-explanatory. And we already have the details we need on them.

There has to be more to the update on Sunday. I'm thinking Tournament Mode, since that's obviously been in development for a while. Sure they will probably announce future DLC plans too at the end, most likely another character, but I would assume most of the run-time will focus on the Lucas update and whatever it brings.

Maybe the Lucas update will have another balance patch (I hope not - we haven't even had 2 months with the Mewtwo update), and he will discuss character changes in detail, but that's EXTREMELY unlikely.

This is all quite peculiar.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Welp,now I have use for this thing I finished about 5 minutes ago...
Sakurai's wild ride can never be escaped...it is foolish to come against his glorious rule.
,(insert Ryu smiley here),just give us something other than Lucas,Miiverse stage,and Splatoon costumes.
I accidentally spent two minutes of my life watching that over and over while eating a pop tart. Congrats.
I lol'd.

Laggalot101

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-6741-7161
I'm usually pretty conservative, but if they're going out of their way like that, it's GOT to mean something. Not going to say what, not calling anything right now (pretty sure I'll be wrong if I try, It's Sakurai after all. Never know what to expect with him), I just know there's going to be something, and it's going to be hype.

My body is totally ready.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If he pulls a curveball and announces Ridley, I'm pretty sure this entire site will become a warzone. :p

Really, this would be my ideal DLC roster (though I ain't Sakurai, so who knows if this turns out to be accidentally accurate);
-Mewtwo
-Lucas
-Wolf
-Ryu
-Roy
-Ridley
-King K.Rool

But that's probably not going to happen, is it? :p

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Obviously Melee HD.
Right?
Right!?!?
But knowing Nintendo, if Melee was made into an HD game, they would probably fix all of the glitches/exploits. That would just make Melee HD an inferior Smash 4.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
*points to the red haired guy in my avi* Will they announce my baby? Will they? Daddy Sakurai, please!

I can't wait omfg.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
This pretty much confirms that we're getting more DLC characters after Lucas, since the presentation is 20 minutes long they're probably going to confirm both Ryu and Roy at once just to get it out of the way along with explaining how they got in and what their full movesets are.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's pretty smart that they're doing this before the E3 shenanigans because we all know that any kind of Smash news has a nasty habit of stealing the thunder from virtually anything else presented during a Direct. I think at least one character is going to be revealed but, the more I think about it, I don't think it'll be Ryu. I feel like Ryu would be something that they'd want to say during the E3 Direct given his inclusion is a pretty big deal. :roypm::wolf: and/or somebody popular from the Smash Ballot just to make fans lose their collective ****.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Cant wait to have my main man Roy back!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Would love it if the update includes Ganondorf being able to use his sword...

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Hm... 20 minutes to talk about things we already know about. What if there is a surprise announcement about a DLC character we don't know about who is then released immediately after the announcement!!

Alright, it's a longshot, but it could happen.

ROYS OUR BOY! ROYS OUR BOY!

Top Bottom