• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai talks Smash Bros

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
I'm actually kind of relieved to see they're prioritizing on 'classic' ways to play Smash rather than gimmicks. Not feeling really hyped yet, but I'll be attentive on what's to come.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
FOG,stop revealing our confidencial information.

:F

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Development on KIU was finished in February, he took a month off so development on Sm4sh began in March/April. Namco was already working on it prior to KIU release. in fact didn't Yo****o say something in that interview about being aware of it for a few years? Obviously of course just being aware with no actual development. This game won't take as long as brawl because of the bigger team and the balancing being done by groups and not Sakurai. In other words 1.5-1.7 years is definitely possible. Besides lets just assume that namco didn't start developing until march. 1 and a half years later would be August 2013 a December 2013 would be closer to to 1.75 years. Then again this may all just be hot air. And the release date is a very small part of this article.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Holiday 2013 sounds bout right. Maybe people assume it won't be released til 2016 because there's such a large span between the release of the titles. Nintendo always releases their titles so far apart, which is for the best so the games don't feel overdone.
The release date wasn't ignorant. The IGNorant part was where IGN said the previous entries in smash bros had a variety of controller schemes. Only Brawl ever did the multi-controller compatible deal. A pattern is 3 in a row. 1 out of 3 isn't a pattern. Although seems likely that SM4SH will feature support for the Pro controller, Wiimotes and Gamepad. So it's not really a big deal. At least SOMEONE is getting vague responses from Sakurai. Point is everything Nintendo makes is good. Disregard the virtua boy.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Why don't they use the Melee engine? :( Ideally, if you were to create a new game from an existing engine, you would add on to it not remove things. This is where it gets a bit worrisome for me.

JPW

Smash Ace
I think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to get this game out early beofre the 3rd year of the Wii U.

Smash Bros. is a very big franchise now i'd imagine the Wii U will have a very hard time surviving without a Smash Bros. in place. Sure we'll have Mario, Pikmin, NintendoLand lol, and some third party games to keep us occupied but the wait for Smash could be overbearing and could kill the Wii U's momentum.I'm really hoping we get it by Mid 2014. Hopefully I wouldn't of given up on Video Games by then.

Top Bottom