• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai sustains a repetitive strain injury

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As was said in the general thread, the last time he endangered his health, we got Melee.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
As was said in the general thread, the last time he endangered his health, we got Melee.
Didn't think about that actually, that's true. I actually have to wonder now how much he's having a personal hand in making these new smash games. Wasn't he more of a supervisor with Brawl, hate to sound cold but this could bode well for us then.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Orrrr maybe he's just getting older and so these things begin to happen easier.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Off-topic sorry but need to know.

#1.Whats the best controller to play brawl on WiiU?

#2. Is it possible to play project M or other brawl hacks on WiiU?

:phone:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Off-topic sorry but need to know.

#1.Whats the best controller to play brawl on WiiU? Wii Classic Controller Pro

#2. Is it possible to play project M or other brawl hacks on WiiU? I wouldn't try it.

^ Bold/Underline.

On-topic: I really hope nothing happens to him, and that he gets better. D:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope he feel's better soon. He should take it easy and not pressure himself too much just to meet fan expectations etc. :/

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Currently he's 42, which to me is moderately surprising since he doesn't look that old.

Regardless, being stressed at that around that age is not exactly healthy. Not exactly fatal, but it shows.
The japanese age quite gracefully, this is especially apparent in japanese women. Really though in a way, it's a really good sign that he's actually working that hard. We should organize some kind of support for him to show hard work put into smash is actually appreciated. :o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai if you're reading this: get well soon man.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Currently he's 42, which to me is moderately surprising since he doesn't look that old.

Regardless, being stressed at that around that age is not exactly healthy. Not exactly fatal, but it shows.
You know Asians don't age, right?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Get well soon, Sakurai! The things you do for us are amazing!

(Even if on the whole the community was displeased with Brawl, it still took alot of work and was objectively a good game. As well as pretty much everything else he's made. The man is a genius.)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why some classless comments about Sakurai on here. He gave us Kirby and Smash Brothers, I would say he is a Nintendo Legend (after Miyamoto). Also everyone here seems to enjoy Smash enough to be in the fan club, who knows without him it may be a lot worse and less enjoyable.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The japanese age quite gracefully, this is especially apparent in japanese women. Really though in a way, it's a really good sign that he's actually working that hard. We should organize some kind of support for him to show hard work put into smash is actually appreciated. :o
That's actually not a bad idea.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I hope he gets well soon, but seeing responses to this across the internet is pretty hilarious. People aren't exactly holding back on the Kid Icarus Uprising and tripping jokes

Feels

Smash Cadet
This shouldn't really affect the game's development at all, it just really shows that Sakurai can't get off of blogging.

It also tells us that he's actually working hard, which is good! I hope he gets better, or learns the ball mouse!
Joe said:
Did he trip and hurt himself?
Oh the irony

(Even if on the whole the community was displeased with Brawl, it still took alot of work and was objectively a good game. As well as pretty much everything else he's made. The man is a genius.)
Brawl was the best-rated Smash game with almost perfect scores across the board and it's the best-selling fighting game of all time. The only reason people dislike it is the 'Melee master race' mentality.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
What happens to you, Falcon?
Was spending ridiculous hours using the mouse quite a bit due to working on this videogame map making **** and then one day my arm was just getting really tired and/or kinda sore. Also my fingers get pretty stiff. Went to the doctors for multiple tests and basically got a diagnosis of "lol ****'s ****ed try exercising it in different ways and hope it goes way".

nessokman

Smash Lord
Maybe he's been playing to much uprising.

How ironic would it be if he tripped and hurt his hand XD

How he can get better faster:STAY AWAY FROM TWITTER

May god..err... I mean miyamoto bless him with a fast recovery

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl was the best-rated Smash game with almost perfect scores across the board and it's the best-selling fighting game of all time. The only reason people dislike it is the 'Melee master race' mentality.

Don't give me that crap. Believe it or not, reviews for fighting games don't mean a whole lot as the mechanics of the game are very rarely explored by reviewers save for rare occasions such as 1UP's Skullgirls review. Not only that, but Brawl was generally looked favorably upon for the quantity of the content, but not the quality of it.

Lastly, sales don't mean much in regards to quality. You have a game that has two very famous games as its predecessors, hyped all the way to hell and back, and is on one of the highest selling consoles ever. Fun fact though. One out of three Gamecube owners had Melee. Only one out of eight Wii owners have Brawl.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I can't imagine sakurai's suffering! Being held back from creating his vision because of his stupid mortal hands...

Mayhap The Master and Crazy Hands in smash bros are a reflection on his own hands.

Will an Ergonomic trackball supporting master hand be revealed? Master Hand sustained some serious sh#$ in subspace.

Sh#$ sakurai was right, we fans relate everything he does as confirmation for smash bros news.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope Sakurai is okay.

I just don't want him to work himself into his grave.

On a brighter note!

GET BETTER AND MAKE MORE SMASH!!!!1111111!111

Feels

Smash Cadet
One out of three Gamecube owners had Melee. Only one out of eight Wii owners have Brawl.
And yet the GameCube sold about 20 million compared to the 90-million Wii, not to mention that Brawl hard outsold Melee by 4 million or so copies.
Not only that, but Brawl was generally looked favorably upon for the quantity of the content, but not the quality of it.
And what was wrong with the quality of it's content? The Subspace Emissary had some problems and the Online play was always going to limited by the Wii.
Believe it or not, reviews for fighting games don't mean a whole lot as the mechanics of the game are very rarely explored by reviewers save for rare occasions such as 1UP's Skullgirls review
Now don't you give me that crap. Just because they don't go far into-competitive mechanics doesn't mean they can't tell if the game is **** or not. Just because Brawl may not be as technical on the competive scene (not to mention that wave dashing was an unintended part of Melee) doesn't mean that the game itself is ****ing awful and it certainly doesn't deserve the treatment it does from Melee fans.

Besides, I think we've heard from Sakurai that the team will be taking more balance when it comes to characters, as opposed to Sakurai balancing them all himself.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And what was wrong with the quality of it's content? The Subspace Emissary had some problems and the Online play was always going to limited by the Wii.
If by "had some problems" you mean "made no sense", then yeah. SSE was the most hyped new feature of Brawl and it was a huge letdown. Edit: And other games on the Wii managed to have decent online.

Brawl was stuffed with a lot of junk. Things like stickers, coin launcher, and the Materpieces were added just so that they could have more content. In addition, a lot of the old types of content were dissapointing compared to previous games. Brawls trophies were mostly model rips from GC/Wii games, meaning a lot of older games didn't even get trophies. Instead of being built to test an individual characters skills and attributes, Brawl's Target Tests were made into generic stages that were the same for evey character. Also, Brawl's big new 'mechanic, the FS, was in the end just another big, flashy item.

I myself wasn't happy with Brawl's stages, as I felt there were just too many random/chaotic/gimmicky stages and not enough calmer ones.

not to mention that wave dashing was an unintended part of Melee
Combos were an unintended part of SF2, and yet the developers realized they made the game better and so they expanded on them in future releases.

doesn't mean that the game itself is ****ing awful and it certainly doesn't deserve the treatment it does from Melee fans.
Funny, I could say the same thing about Melee's treatment from some Brawl fans.

Top Bottom