• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai hits the City!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, New York City is known as the Big Apple...

So what does that make this? The Big Bacon? :p

But seriously, this stage looks cool.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Well, maybe not stage interactions, more like background distractions. I hope the background isn't just a pretty picture. I'd like to see stuff going on in the city and not just flashy colors. I'm fine with the stage in itself, I just have wishful thinking. ^^
yeah i see ur point...maybe ginat tornado will blow them all away or something XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
someone here told me about her....so I added her (^^)v

oh....interesting.......weird how a living creature will have an off button...
You have to realize, in the mother series, they take their most insane writers and give them acid before making the game

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another stage hazard would be... (and probably will be)

Pokey's Giant Statue of Liberty . It's actually a giant robot and attacks you in the game. It has robotic arms that can extend, which would be similar in SSB to the Halberd's Combo Cannon arm.

I hope Pokey himself makes an appearance in the game, as a boss in Subspace Emissary, for example.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

Pokey's Giant Statue of Liberty . It's actually a giant robot and attacks you in the game. It has robotic arms that can extend, which would be similar in SSB to the Halberd's Combo Cannon arm.

I hope Pokey himself makes an appearance in the game, as a boss in Subspace Emissary, for example.
*looks in wikipedia* in his Mother 3 form right? when he's all old...and more ugly????:dizzy:

You have to realize, in the mother series, they take their most insane writers and give them acid before making the game
thus creating the perfect game XDDDDD

off topic: hey where do i get those banners???

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
oh....interesting.......weird how a living creature will have an off button...

It is machine, in a way.

Spoilers for Mother 3:

Pokey (as the Pig King) goes around messing with the flora and fauna of the setting in which Mother 3 takes place, mixing animals with other animals, plants, machines and whatnot, even creating his own personalized monsters, like the Ultimate Chimera. He names that entire project "The Fascinating Chimera Project".

One of the workers at the Chimera Labs at one chapter explains that the Ultimate Chimera is an "electronically controlled high-tech chimera", and that the only way to "defeat" it, so to speak, is to turn off that button, but the bird reactivates it again when no one's looking. There's no way to actually defeat it, in the game.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It is machine, in a way.

Spoilers for Mother 3:

Pokey (as the Pig King) goes around messing with the flora and fauna of the setting in which Mother 3 takes place, mixing animals with other animals, plants, machines and whatnot, even creating his own personalized monsters, like the Ultimate Chimera. He names that entire project "The Fascinating Chimera Project".

One of the workers at the Chimera Labs at one chapter explains that the Ultimate Chimera is an "electronically controlled high-tech chimera", and that the only way to "defeat" it, so to speak, is to turn off that button, but the bird reactivates it again when no one's looking. There's no way to actually defeat it, in the game.
.................awesome =O

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Love it, really do. When I was thinkling large stages I was thinking BIG... but this is ridiculous! Very cool stuff,

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3, as quirky as it looks, is WICKED deep in story. Goofiness aside, Lucas having his world torn apart and de-naturalized by a familiar opposing force is a lot more heart wrenching than the silly looking Ultimate Chimera leads you to believe. There's a lot more development and grim parts than in Mother 3 than Ness ever had to deal with; Ness started off on the right foot from the get go, resolving the gang violence and the corrupt police force in his town (although, those as you could imagine to have their distasteful subtleties). Lucas... not so much. You got to see him grow...

GenG

Smash Lord
Mother 3, as quirky as it looks, is WICKED deep in story. Goofiness aside, Lucas having his world torn apart and de-naturalized by a familiar opposing force is a lot more heart wrenching than the silly looking Ultimate Chimera leads you to believe.
The silly looking Chimera in the laboratory made me **** bricks indeed.

And the plot is very dark with a lot of critizing to the modern society (contamination, rural-urban migration, animal mistreatment), which ironically is the main guist of MOTHER. Neglecting its own roots in MOTHER 3 was the final step possible in the franchise. It was kind of epic.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
love love LOVE this stage!

tho i could use some sunshine ....

but i love the size of this behemoth!

i mean look at the screen shot with bowser and kirby and pichachu on the pendulum---just that section there is quite big! and it;s only roughly a 1/3 of the whole level

totally awesome

i hope there is another large stage like this---or something similar to hyrule temple with a ceiling above it....

we all know how intense battles can get down below

:)

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Perhaps there'll be an Ultimate Chimera as an enemy in The Subspace Emissary.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You people are getting me interested in Mother 3. I wonder how much better it is from Earthbound.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
The silly looking Chimera in the laboratory made me **** bricks indeed.

And the plot is very dark with a lot of critizing to the modern society (contamination, rural-urban migration, animal mistreatment), which ironically is the main guist of MOTHER. Neglecting its own roots in MOTHER 3 was the final step possible in the franchise. It was kind of epic.
i didnt kno the game was so deep...

anyways i think the stage looks amazing and is already my favorite.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
GReat stage my favorite stage sooo far cuz it tests ur abilityt to run away fighting isnt always the solution especially if ur sanke , u just want to make them run into ur mines

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Same here, Pokey rules!:chuckle:

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
This level looks awesome.

I'm going to be tossing my friends to the Ultimate Chimera all day when Brawl gets released! :D

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
You people are getting me interested in Mother 3. I wonder how much better it is from Earthbound.
Really depends. Mother 3 is for one ALOT deeper in story line. It's more dark then the other Mother games. Lucas has a lot more character development than Ness did. Though if you can't stand playing a game in japanese I suggest you wait for the English patch going on at starmen.net.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Aside from the stage being stupidly big, the only thing I can truely complain about is how the platforms aren't even connected to the stage. A lot of people made fun of how the Halberd was just a bunch of platforms with a pretty moving background, and this one is even more blatant.

Although, they did an outstanding job recreating the city. You can see the original layout here. It's seriously almost 100% accurate. The only thing they moved was the Pokey statue.

The cardboard cut-out buildings even have the original graphics from Mother 3 pasted on them. Genius!

Nintendo should take this delay as an opportunity to put their translation team on Mother 3. *nod*

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see some MOTHER 3 stages. I was thinking Tazmily Village kind of like Onett , but this just... wow.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Aside from the stage being stupidly big, the only thing I can truely complain about is how the platforms aren't even connected to the stage. A lot of people made fun of how the Halberd was just a bunch of platforms with a pretty moving background, and this one is even more blatant.

Although, they did an outstanding job recreating the city. You can see the original layout here. It's seriously almost 100% accurate. The only thing they moved was the Pokey statue.

The cardboard cut-out buildings even have the original graphics from Mother 3 pasted on them. Genius!

Nintendo should take this delay as an opportunity to put their translation team on Mother 3. *nod*
hmm...But MOTHER 3 came out on the GBA right???....so it probably wouldnt be popular to begin with..........:(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm.. Pokey DIDNT DIE IN MOTHER3.... but he was trapped forever in the Chamber.. I wonder how this could work..... Perhaps the Minister gave him his Spider back? :0

Also, I love the cardboard cut-out style of the map XD
or this takes place DURING Mother 3 instead of after

Top Bottom