• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Confirms Mewtwo Release On The Horizon

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
It surely doesn't take this long to make one character. ;)

Well I can't say I know cause I've never made a game.
You are correct, sir. Mewtwo would only take two or three weeks. It's been six months. It's obvious that they have several characters and stages coming down the pipe, and probably a balance patch with it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As an owner of both games and living in Finland, I'm basically ****ed.

Can't register both copies because Club Nintendo doesn't exist here.

*Siigh*

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Watch, there's going to be a Direct on April 1st and then Sakurai is gonna show up, sitting in a chair with a cup of coffee and he'll be like. "There never was a Mewtwo to begin with. I just wanted to make the ultimate April Fools joke." and then Regie is gonna come in and be like "Was your body ready?"

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Why didnt this win that Trophy Gallery Photo contest that Sakurai had?
A) I didn't participate.

B) I don't think they allowed drawings

C) The SSB miiverse fansite has already lowered my self-esteem because the only fanpic they ever accepted was my boring New Years one... Okay, boring compared to all my clearly more clever pics! :cool:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A) I didn't participate.

B) I don't think they allowed drawings

C) The SSB miiverse fansite has already lowered my self-esteem because the only fanpic they ever accepted was my boring New Years one... Okay, boring compared to all my clearly more clever pics! :cool:

NEVER let Miiverse lower your self-esteem. Self-esteem has no place in that pit of stupidity.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I. Can't. Wait! Given the track record for improving control of characters in this game... I bet Mew Two will play awesome.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
New ones can wait until the next game as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much every character I wanted either made it in as playable or an AT so I'm mostly concerned with whether they'll bring some veterans back. Realistically speaking, I could see :popo::lucas::wolf: coming back, even if it takes another year.
Idk about lucas or wolf since there moves are basically given to ness and fox respectfully but i understand for ice climbers since no characters are similar except for rosalina of course but they're moves are still unique

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Besides Mewtwo, I hope they give an update on the other features that were supposed to be in the game such as tournament mode and the Miiverse stage. Can't believe they haven't said anything about those things since the 50 fact extravaganza.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Dude...what on Earth is your problem? Did one of them verbally abuse you, or something?

Btw, I might actually get along with Femtwo. It's confirmed by anime canon that Femtwo is not the same Mewtwo as the first one. Makes sense; female voice, doesn't recognize Ash, capable of mega evolving by herself. I actually wonder if she's the result of experiments trying to make Pokémon mega evolve on their own like Rayquaza... What if the experiments were INSPIRED by Rayquaza?! 030

As a matter of fact, I'll deal with Femtwo as long as her Final Smash is Mega Y
Not me exactly, but I've seen plenty of fanbases explode over the stupidest things. Way too many haters of characters I like. Not to mention all the gorefics I've read and how many sex-crazed perverts I've seen running around clutching their balls going "I AM A MAN" at everything and calling whatever they don't like the hobbies of a "sexually repressed manchild".

Besides that, I'm officially depressed because humanity is made up of either stupid or evil assholes with very few people left actually trying to do anything good in this world.

If not any of those, they're too busy being perverted idiots to actually do anything else.

Thank you for not hating Femtwo, by the way.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And then at the trailer's end, a portal appears. out steps grovelye. "So this is where the future's sent me now? "

Grovelye arrives just in time!

I wish.... Still pumped for mewtwo coming soon though.

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm going to be a downer here.

Japanese is a very high context language. From my experience, when they say something like "soon" or "pretty much" there's usually some sort of greater social context attached, something that you'd have to be Japanese to get. It's that kind of language. I wouldn't take anything vague to mean the most literal thing.
Thanks for the advice, but context isn't something many people on the Internet try to look into sadly.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
Excited, but correct me if I'm wrong, but did Nintendo confirmed that Mewtwo will also be paid DLC? I thought that's what they said back in November 2014 when Wii U version came out!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Dude...what on Earth is your problem? Did one of them verbally abuse you, or something?

Btw, I might actually get along with Femtwo. It's confirmed by anime canon that Femtwo is not the same Mewtwo as the first one. Makes sense; female voice, doesn't recognize Ash, capable of mega evolving by herself. I actually wonder if she's the result of experiments trying to make Pokémon mega evolve on their own like Rayquaza... What if the experiments were INSPIRED by Rayquaza?! 030

As a matter of fact, I'll deal with Femtwo as long as her Final Smash is Mega Y
I actually like to think of it as a result of Mewtwo mind-wiping Team Rocket after Mewtwo Returns. As far as they remembered, Mewtwo didn't exist yet. With Mega Evolutions newly discovered, they performed the same experiment twice, with a different Mew's DNA sample, with the added goal of Mega Evolutions to make it even stronger. There ARE two Mews in anime canon so far. It's totally possible the classic Mewtwo was cloned from a male Mew, while the other came from a female, explaining the different voice. I know Legendaries technically lack genders, but when you use something organic, it's male or female unless it's an alien of some kind, quite frankly. I'm only satisfied using the word "it" when it comes to non-organic Pokemon like Magnemite or Muk.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Lucas and Ice Climbers will be bundled with Mewtwo Kappa
Or something else I mean it's been a while.
This is actually possible since Ice Climbers were intended. The only thing that held them back were issues with being put in the DS version and they wanted the games to have identical casts.

Maikou

Smash Ace
This is actually possible since Ice Climbers were intended. The only thing that held them back were issues with being put in the DS version and they wanted the games to have identical casts.
Very MINOR issues I might add. Really, why would someone make a four-player match with EVERYONE being Ice Climbers with either Assist Trophies or Poke Balls. As far as I've heard, it only lags anyway; All you have to do is warn people not to do it. Besides, the online lags anyway.

Top Bottom