• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saki's Diddy (Help)

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
ehhh not gonna lie but your opponent was not that great. My main suggestion would probably be to aim your bananas better. It seemed like you were just giving him opportunities to use your bananas against you.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about it. I'm aware of my skill level compared to others. especially my horrible falco.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Wow, only saw the Falco match. Really bad play on his part.
Yeah, a match with xyro would be much better.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
ehhh not gonna lie but your opponent was not that great. My main suggestion would probably be to aim your bananas better. It seemed like you were just giving him opportunities to use your bananas against you.
Yeah, I never notice that during the match, just after I see it. Need to be more aware of **** like that.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
the samus match was good. but the mistakes im seeing u pulling are mostly your spacing and timing of attacks. you gave your opponent MANY chances to punish you. as a fellow diddy player as of recently iv noticed that were extremely light lol so take in mind that spacing + the logic behind your follow up of attacks can determine a match greatly, i think it was one of the vet members here saying, "Don't get hit."

by following those 3 words alone you can see a huge improvement in ur game, btw more glide tossing :p!

good stuff btw!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
You need to roll less... lol.
And dribble the bananas.
and glide toss more
and not jump into ****(good spacing and unpredictability)

:093:

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
About glide tossing. It's odd, sometimes I can be really bad with it, or I can be really good with it. I have a video of my Diddy against a Zamus in which I use glide toss effectively.

Maybe I should work on remembering to glide toss whenever I can! :p

Thanks guys, keep it up!

Count

Smash Champion
When you were having a rough time in there for a bit, it might be smart to grab the ledge and take a second and relax and rethink what you want to do. You didn't seem to really have a strategy. Make sure you keep the nanas out when you can.

I didn't see many tilts either, save your smashes for KOs!!

Also, when I follow up a and aaa (tailwag) attack, I usually do a dtilt or try to get out of the way, anything else will be too slow.

Looked like a pretty good samus, keep working at it :).

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
You have a good foundation and understanding of diddy, Just keep practicing..

I am gonna tell you what I tell most people who ask for criticism with their diddy... Make sure to keep your eyes on your oponent. Stop watching your character and start thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead.. Opportunities will open up before you when you aren't worrying about combo'ing and have time to make new things develop.

Top Bottom