• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saddest part of a pokemon game?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You really wonder where Red goes after you beat him. I know he reappears, but that's simply for replayability. You know he departs, but to where? I mean, let's face it, he's essentially dethroned entirely from being #1, he's not Champion anymore, so.....?
There's a side of me that wants him to return sometime but now in his 20's maybe in this upcoming generation's third game (gray?). I imagine that now all his pokemon are level 100 and you can only fight him if you complete the pokedex or something equally difficult.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Blue never lost to Red, she lost to Professor Oak in the league semi-finals, but when Oak disqualified himself, she got third place.
I ****ing love you so much you have no idea.

More people need to read Pokemon Special.

Just to note, the translation was changed later in the series and her name was changed to Green.

rhan

Smash Hero
I actually found that more funny than sad tbh :/
IT'S CUZ YOU'RE A COLD HEARTED *******! ;_;

Yeah.
Like I said, the part about the Raticate dying = true or whatever, but the rest about "swearing upon the Raticate's grave" and "crushing your Rival's innocence" still makes it rather silly.
All that extra stuff was probably to give it more of a dramatic meaning.

Crushing Green's innocence though. That much is true. I mean you did kinda smack his *** around every single battle even though he counter picked on your starter.

He'll always be second best with the only dead pokemon in the world.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Maybe that screen blacking out after you beat Red means that jumped off the mountain and committed suicide. Nah jk, though it would make for a good pokemon creepy pasta(which are basically pokemon horror stories, if you wanna know about them just google it). Idk maybe he finally went back to his mom, she did say he hasn't contacted her lately.

Flygon3x

Smash Cadet
Probably the most sad I've felt in a Pokemon game is during Black when... that's classfied spoilers, sorry to interupt you all. In fact, a lot of my emotional times come from Black.

If spin-offs count, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's endings are also the most sad as well. After you have fought an epic battle against the final boss, you know you're going to leave the world and disappear, and seeing all the other Pokemon cry, especially the partner you've spent 10 hours with, along with saddening music, makes it very rememberable to me.

Majority

Smash Journeyman
Yea, the ending of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red was the most emotional part of any videogame I've ever played.

Top Bottom