• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SacSmash 5/24/08 - TAG Monthly X *100$ FIRST PRIZE*

DRGN

Technowizard
Beast Wars ftw

And I believe Jihnsius will be staying the night here on Friday, so if you could pick up us three from here then tc1's is about two minutes away, en route to the freeway.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
hmm

my mom said it's cool if you guys stay here friday night - I only bring it up because PK said it starts at 10, and it's about 2.5 hours to Santa Clara.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
hmm

my mom said it's cool if you guys stay here friday night - I only bring it up because PK said it starts at 10, and it's about 2.5 hours to Santa Clara.
Even better -- You gonna be down for picking us up Friday or would we have to catch literail? Of course, I'm not the only one to determine if this happens.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Of course, it'd be better if you guys could take light rail - save the air a little. But if you're transporting TV's and stuff, I guess I could pick you up.

DRGN

Technowizard
No TVs, but between backpacks, fares, and tc1 I'd rather not.

And Simna what is going on with SacAnime?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
nothing. the smash event actually got messed up so they arnt having a tourney for it but just friendlies :/

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
No TVs, but between backpacks, fares, and tc1 I'd rather not.
um, I'll see. I need to take my car in between now and then. Also, like I said, my new check/ATM card doesn't work, which means I'm on super-conserve-gas mode. Any gas I get has to be with cash, and I have an extremely limited supply of such cash, as my ATM card doesn't work. :p

So between gas, fixing my car, and traffic, ... yeah. I'll pick you guys up if there's no way you can get here, but fare is only $2. I may even cover half of it for you.

edit: I'll definitely give you guys rides back out to Rancho at the end of the day, though.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Adjectives on the typewriter, he moves his words like a prize fighter; the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I like cake.

cavesonic lets play smash some time.

DRGN

Technowizard
Okay I just noticed the 'stay at my place Friday night' part of your other post. In that case I'm up for it as long as we can get tc1 there too.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I'd say around 5 at the earliest, I'm probably gonna be asleep until then (working graveyard.)

EDIT: Going out to dinner sounds kick 4ss, though.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I have tonight off. Whenever tomorrow works for me, just give me a time so I can get out to Drgn's house.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
Let's say 6pm. Does that work for everybody?

edit: We have 2 couches and 1 sort-of-double-bed, but if all of you guys are here, somebody's probably gonna end up sleeping on the floor. We've got blankets and sleeping bags and pillows, but I wanted to give you guys fair warning ;)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
edit: We have 2 couches and 1 sort-of-double-bed, but if all of you guys are here, somebody's probably gonna end up sleeping on the floor. We've got blankets and sleeping bags and pillows, but I wanted to give you guys fair warning ;)
Fair warning: I snore. I don't know if I snore that loudly, but I hope none of you are bothered by it.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
uh, sorry. Rift in communication there. My car's in the shop; I had to get new tires. I can't pick it up until after work, at which point rush hour will be in full swing, and I don't particularly want to drive east during rush hour. Is it possible for you to take light rail? The house is like a 10min walk from light rail.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
uh, sorry. Rift in communication there. My car's in the shop; I had to get new tires. I can't pick it up until after work, at which point rush hour will be in full swing, and I don't particularly want to drive east during rush hour. Is it possible for you to take light rail? The house is like a 10min walk from light rail.
I guess we'll figure this all out tomorrow.
I'm gonna go to sleep. Drgn, Delph, whichever, call me tomorrow. 916.353.4855. I don't answer the phone during the day, so leave a message saying it's you and I'll pick it up.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Jihnsius I figure you'll come over here either way. So you can come on over pretty much anytime tomorrow. Call/go on AIM to make sure someone's home though.

We'll have to contact tc1 to see about spending the night. The problem I see is that it's kind of all or nothing for light rail/ride - if you have to drive out here you may as well pick up everyone. Best case scenario we get ahold of tc1 and head out before 5.

Also I have no problem taking the floor.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Waiting on Drgn and Delph to get online to verify when I can come over.
EDIT: I'll probably have my car, so if John wants to drive to Jay's house instead of taking the literail, we can do that.

EDIT 2: If you guys aren't on by 3ish, I'm just gonna head over there and hope for the best.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Just wanna say that melee really doesn't interest me anymore. I really doubt I'll be attending any more events. I know this is gonna be hard for the smash community, being that I'm so beloved and all. Gotta say a few last things.

Delphiki/Drgn- Now that I'm gone, you guys need to get cars and/or licenses. And some non-smash activities while you're at it. Stop taking the game so ****in seeriously. It doesn't even take itself seriously, why should you?

Tom- Dunno what to say. Fix your car? You might be the new shuttle. Your fox is too good.

NK- You dont get a shout cuz I see you every other day. You get your iPod charger back when you bring me that bottle of captain morgan you owe me.

Cave- get a car.

tc1- calm down. Like, seriously.

KFC- I didnt get to play you as much as I would have liked. When brawl comes out, sac's gotta make a stockton trip.

The rest of FTA- Good games, my friends, good games.

Simna- Um. First pro smasher I played? Here's to Ness in brawl.

Zoap- Probably the friendliest smasher I ever met. Way good times.

DBR- **** you for getting me into this ridiculous game. Seriously guys. What the hell.

If I didn't get you, you must not have made a good enough impression. Better luck next time? Love you all. I'll see you guys when Brawl comes out. Peace.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
See you in the near future, Tyde.

So, PK Tournament was awesome. I think I fell in love. Thanks for inviting me, Jayferd.

EDIT: I want to go to OC3, how's the ride situation working out, tc1?

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
lolz, it was great having you guys over. You did miss out on my mom's apple pie, though. :D

I think that's the last tournament I drive to, though. I may try taking the train to an NCB, but seriously, guys, we need some local tourneys. Cavesonic, Jihnsius, get on it plz :D

Oh yeah, and you all don't have to get a car. Learn to use the bike/light-rail/bus combo, n00bs. lolz. You can get anywhere in Sac/Rancho/Folsom/West Sac/Roseville with the bike/light-rail/bus combo. I even made it all the way to Penryn with the bike/light rail/bus combo.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
How many people work or whatever on tuesday? Ill probably have a small tourney on tuesday if enough people can come over. It can start whenever so respond with when its best to start.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
I can make Tuesday. Light Rail blue line to Florin, Bus 81 to Florin and Riverside, Bike to ender's. Light Rail/Bus/Bike combo FTW!

100th post!! wheeee!

Top Bottom